2013 Ducati Made In Thailand

yankee99

maybe that one - rumored new hypermotard with an 848 SF engine.... ok rumored, it's not really rumored, more like more and more "spy shots" are being released by Ducati...

256183_413937858659713_84124439_o.jpg

multi will only makes sense... they're already assembling the Diavel and the Monster 795 here...

I want both of those bikes smile.png

This has got to be the worst time ever to buy any imported bike with so many made in Thailand bikes in the pipeline. Ducati, Z800, Honda's CB/R/X500...

I LOVE the look of this bike

not me, it looks like a toy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not me, it looks like a toy

I think it is camera angle that gives it an odd look.

Motards are not small or toy-ish at all. Also that wrap job to hide the bike

does it no favors :)

I never really cared for Motard styling but now that I live here

I actually have warmed up to them & see them as probably being a very functional bike for Thailand.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Well if anyone sees this one they will know as my drool was all over it smile.png

Kidding aside the owner seemed like a nice gracious guy.

He could see how taken I was with it.

For me that bike is dripping with passion

Edited by mania

Well if anyone sees this one they will know as my drool was all over it smile.png

Careful now, the old men will be along soon to tell you it's too much bike for Thailand, will make your legs exceedingly warm, use an awful lot of fuel etc. etc. :)

• Like 2

Careful now, the old men will be along soon to tell you it's too much bike for Thailand, will make your legs exceedingly warm, use an awful lot of fuel etc. etc. smile.png

Heheh smile.png

There is no such thing as too much Bike when it is a passionate machine.

I like having something hot between my legs.....LOL

Have had great bikes in my life but never one of these.

Out of my price range sad to say sad.png

But if I hit the Thai lottery it will be mine ....well the Panigale smile.png

These are pricey in the States but extra pricey here

Edited by mania

I saw that too, plus two other Ducs parked next to it... I'd think there's more than 2 in the LoS... Paradorn has one... and it seems like it would be an obvious check box to tick off for any rich Thai.

Must be the annual Ducati club outing in CM...

Edited by nikster

I saw that too, plus two other Ducs parked next to it... I'd think there's more than 2 in the LoS... Paradorn has one... and it seems like it would be an obvious check box to tick off for any rich Thai.

Ah was it a coffee shop on Changklan road?

If so wish I had seen all 3

I guess your probably right about upping the ante to the tri color

The 1199S goes for 1,698,000 THB

The Tri Color is 200k more

If your in that deep it probably doesn't matter ;)

Careful now, the old men will be along soon to tell you it's too much bike for Thailand, will make your legs exceedingly warm, use an awful lot of fuel etc. etc. smile.png

LOL... also, they'll explain how this bike is way too expensive for the average Thai who makes 200 Baht a day and would therefore have to work for 75 years to afford it... (you know who you are).... and not suitable for the bad Thai roads.... and Somchai can't fix it when it breaks, what are you thinking?? You're much better off with a Honda Phantom!

Edited by nikster

Ah was it a coffee shop on Changklan road?

If so wish I had seen all 3

I guess your probably right about upping the ante to the tri color

The 1199S goes for 1,698,000 THB

The Tri Color is 200k more

If your in that deep it probably doesn't matter wink.png

No coffee shop at Nimmanhemin. That new pretend one so I guess the owner is HiSo, which would explain the me-too-ness of the place. Forgot the name, it's on Soi 9 on the corner, London retro theme.

it will burn your legs and you cannot turn anywhere blah blah blah hahaha. I am not an old man, just a reasonable one!

just kidding man, if you feel comfortable with it just go for it.

Just i do not feel comfortable, that is all.

I'm still trying to figure out where all this 'burning balls/backsides/legs' commentary is coming from, unless you're a shorts & flippers squid. Then the right ankle could get a tad toasty. With proper gear or even with just jeans & shoes? Not a problem. I have owned several models of Duc superbikes with underseat exhausts, and have yet to burn anything or feel any appreciable heat. This is with LA rush hour, Central Valley, Mojave Desert and desert race track runs included...

EICMA update: There's good news, and there's bad news.

The good news:

post-20814-0-39170600-1352766170_thumb.j

The bad news:

post-20814-0-63935400-1352766222_thumb.j

Agghhhh my eyes, Ducati what have you done??

Both bikes are high end and come with a high end pricetag - $12k and $13.5k respectively. That means Thai prices will probably come in around 500 - 600k, using the Monster/Diavel pricing as a guideline.

Available in two trim levels, the base 2013 Ducati Hypermotard comes with Kayaba 43mm USD forks that have 6.7″ of travel, while the Sachs rear shock has preload & rebound adjustments only with 5.9″ of travel. Meanwhile, the 2013 Ducati Hypermotard SP features fully adjustable 50mm Marzocchi forks with 7.3″ of travel, and an Öhlins rear shock with 6.9″ of travel.

Both Hypermotards have Brembo monobloc M4-32 brakes, ride-by-wire throttle control, three riding modes (Race, Sport, & Wet), along with the Ducati Safety Package, which includes ABS brakes and Ducati Traction Control (DTC). The Hypermotard SP however comes with forged Marchesini wheels, a radial master cylinder, aluminum handlebars, and various carbon fiber pieces…and oh, a drop-dead sexy paint scheme.

[source: http://www.asphaltan...hypermotard-sp/]

[Hrm, TV forums apparently downscale images, both of these were gorgeous high res shots. See the above link for the originals]

Edited by nikster

not seeing whether these are being assembled in Thailand - thus hugely affecting the price for us locals - anybody know?

My sources say yes made in thailand.

hypermotard around 550,000

multistrada around 850,000

of course these are from the rumor mill

uh, your sources are the rumor mill... tongue.png could you possibly clarify that a bit? no worries. its understood that Ducati Thailand are very tight-lipped about upcoming model intros and pricing for locally-assembled bikes, as it immediately kills current sales at the extorted import pricing. Should be a Ducati Tonglor party announcement forthcoming.

uh, your sources are the rumor mill... tongue.png could you possibly clarify that a bit? no worries. its understood that Ducati Thailand are very tight-lipped about upcoming model intros and pricing for locally-assembled bikes, as it immediately kills current sales at the extorted import pricing. Should be a Ducati Tonglor party announcement forthcoming.

Go back and read post #1

So, any news confirmed about launch date or price?

Still TBA on the page. I wouldnt expect too much...

BKK motor show would be a pretty obvious time to introduce these officially...

post-20814-0-16836100-1353603869_thumb.p

And some eye candy

1353206344638.jpg

1353206344490.jpg

1353206344786.jpg

Edited by nikster