Pattaya, Sex Tourism, From A Somewhat Different Israeli Perspective

Jingthing

I randomly came across this article on the Haaretz (.com) web site entitled:

What do Israeli sex tourists in Thailand really think?

Guy Brucker spent three months in Pattaya, where Israeli men go for one reason - to have sex with prostitutes.

You could say men are sexually harassed in Pattaya. This way you can really understand how women feel.

"I think it's the exact opposite of what happens in Israel," said Assaf, a 39-year-old bachelor. "In Israel women wait until they are 150 years old, and by then they have been eaten by worms in their graves for about 60 years. In Pattaya, women give off the signal 'we want to devour you, we're ready for anything with you, sex and romance too, so let's live because there are a lot of nuclear bombs in this world and some idiot could push a button and the world could go to hell.'"

Basically this Israeli journalist spent lots of time in town hanging with the Israeli male sex tourists and expats and systemically interviewed them. The author had some very strong observations, some predictable but also some very novel ones about life in Pattaya for sex tourists from Israel.

The article is from 2008 but it's the same scene here, of course.

The focus of the article is totally heterosexual. That doesn't surprise me as in my experience gay Israeli tourists in Pattaya are rare (and usually closeted).

Unfortunately to read the article you need to register (free) with the Haaretz web site (allows you access to 10 articles per month). If you do that then search on "Israeli sex tourists Thailand" and you will see the article listed.

Comments welcome about this interesting article of course.

Edited by Maestro
Added link to source

Well you can't blame the Israeli men coming here if that's the case, same with the Indian men I think, sex starved, poor guys.

Who wants to buy a car if you can't test drive it first?

So this Guy Brucker spend 3 month here checking that, in depth investigating journalism eh, LOL.

I didn't read the article, only what JT wrote in post 1, don't really care about it.

• Like 1

The situation here is that it isn't allowed to paste the entire article and the only way anyone could have a valid impression of the article (and its author) is to actually READ the article. Not all articles about Pattaya sex tourism are the same though many are. But up to you of course as many people don't like to register on newspaper websites.

Edited by Jingthing

Well you can't blame the Israeli men coming here if that's the case, same with the Indian men I think, sex starved, poor guys.

Well, looking around Pattaya, my observation is that it's the farang's who are poor sex starved guys.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

The situation here is that it isn't allowed to paste the entire article and the only way anyone could have a valid impression of the article (and its author) is to actually READ the article. Not all articles about Pattaya sex tourism are the same though many are. But up to you of course as many people don't like to register on newspaper websites.

You could copy/paste it onto pastebin.com

Personally I cant see that average single male tourist from any other country would say anything very different to the Israeli ones. They are all basically the same.

• Like 1

I'd imagine it's a global problem not just an Israeli one. Guys are finding it increasingly difficult to get laid in their home countries. The 40 year old virgin is now becoming the norm. Thus the desire to go to travel abroad and lose their virginities.

Well, looking around Pattaya, my observation is that it's the farang's who are poor sex starved guys.

Well many of them too, many Westerners saves the whole year for their yearly holidays in Pattaya and then live like a King for 2-3 weeks. Most of those guys coming here don't look like Brad Pitt and the chance for "fun" times at home are slim so I don't blame them coming here and have "fun".

Young Indian/Israeli goodlooking men can't have "fun" at home without marriage so the ones that can afford it scramble to Pattaya.

from this article:

"Brucker says that today there is a need to change legislation in order to prosecute men who travel to Thailand to take part in the sex trade, ..."

<deleted> !

"People go to Pattaya for only one reason," Brucker, 35, said. "Everybody knows that, but nobody talked about it on the way. I felt like I was climbing mental and physical mountains. I felt so very alone."

travelling for the first time without his mother ? poor boy..

"Today he says he will not be traveling in Thailand in the future. "

Traumatic experience ?

"When the Thai driver called out 'Pattaya' I got a flashback of seven-year-old Guy breaking a soup bowl in the middle of the kibbutz dining hall during Shabbat dinner and the eyes of half the kibbutz turn to him, asking 'what's going on with Shmuel's son?'

oh yes, here we have the real source of the traumatic event ....