Dual-Sim Smartphone With Android 4.xx. Any Ideas?

vel_tins

Looking for an Android device with Dual-Sim.

Android Version not below 4.xx (no Gingerbread!)

4" (or bigger) screen.

Budget ~10K Baht.

Local (online)shop preferred.

I don't want to import something from China. (Not worth the potential hassle with thai-customs.)

thanks in advance for suggestions.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about the i mobile istyle iQ5 - dual sim 5" screen ics 4 etc, 6790 baht but not sure about the screen 65K colour as opposed to the 16 million odd - does this really make a difference? I just need to be able to read tables of info from the web on it. From what I've seen on the (thai) you tube reviews it looks good?

Spec: http://www.siamphone...mobile/iq_5.htm

edit to add CPU is 1Gig

Edited by bhb

I've had the IQ 5 in my hand, and it seems an awfull lot of phone for the money!

Very good screenresolution, but not nearly as vibrant / bright as my samsung. Might be a tad hard to read in bright surroundings.

Can't go.wrong at the price, and afaik the only halfway decent/trustworthy dual sim model on the market.

The slightly smaller screened IQ4 is even cheaper, apart from the screen pretty much the same specs.

Just stick a 16 G sd card in for extra storage...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

I picked up the latest Samsung S7652 Dual SIM. Quite happy with it. Had a look in MBK and they were 9,990bt but as I was going back to the UK I went to Siam Paragon and the Samsung dealer and picked one up for the same price, but also got a tax refund invoice and got 600bt back in tax at the airport.

Phone build is good, screen size good. Sometime a little laggy, but only sometimes.

Very pleased with it as I have tried a few China clone models and the UI was a bit hit and miss.

I have a Q6 the older I-mobile phone (by 2 weeks) now 5995b ( I think)

For the money its a great phone.

If I was buying now I would get the IQ1 4.5 screen. Twin sim. 3g on ALL Thai networks. And for only 6195 baht. Including bumper case and screen protection. Bargain

sent from my Q6

Edited by thaicbr

The Q1 seems to be a real bargain for that price..thumbsup.gif

After a quick research, it is possible to root the phone (for ad-away)

I will check it out at the i-mobile shop at Lotus North Pattaya tomorrow.

Edited by vel_tins

UPDATE:

I bought the Q1 this morning.

6190 Baht, including bumper case, screen protection and a 8 GB SD-card.

VERY nice device for the money. Not laggy, compared to my older Android's with "Single-Core CPU"

The rooting was a little bit tricky, but it's done.

Thanks for all suggestions thumbsup.gif

Edited by vel_tins

UPDATE:

VERY nice device for the money. Not laggy, compared to my older Android's with "Single-Core CPU"

Is that the one that has all of Thailands 3G frequencies on and also a TV function? I'm not interested in the TV bit at all but to avoid that it looks like I have to go for the IQ2 and theres two versions with different 3G frequencies - which do I buy to use in Thailand and poss the UK? Help!

UPDATE:

Is that the one that has all of Thailands 3G frequencies on and also a TV function? I'm not interested in the TV bit at all but to avoid that it looks like I have to go for the IQ2 and theres two versions with different 3G frequencies - which do I buy to use in Thailand and poss the UK? Help!

IQ1

sent from my Q6

Bought a Samsung S Duos S7562 yesterday. Very happy with it. Only really used an Iphone before - not quite as easy to use as the Iphone (probably me), but seems very good value for money in comparison. Only minor thing I don't like is that if I set the alarm clock and turn the phone off, the alarm won't activate - need to leave the phone on, which I don't want to overnight, with all the beeps, updates and so on.

I also Like the dual SIM, plus being able to stick in a MicroSD memory card. The MicroSD is great as it can be converted into a normal SD card, so I can stick in printers, scanners, notebook PC, desktop PC as I have an adapter for it.

:)

Bought a Samsung S Duos S7562 yesterday. Very happy with it. Only really used an Iphone before - not quite as easy to use as the Iphone (probably me), but seems very good value for money in comparison. Only minor thing I don't like is that if I set the alarm clock and turn the phone off, the alarm won't activate - need to leave the phone on, which I don't want to overnight, with all the beeps, updates and so on.

I also Like the dual SIM, plus being able to stick in a MicroSD memory card. The MicroSD is great as it can be converted into a normal SD card, so I can stick in printers, scanners, notebook PC, desktop PC as I have an adapter for it.

:)

Get in the settings menu it should have auto turn on and off. You can set it to come on. Just remember to put it on silent :D

sent from my Q6

My wife was using two SIM cards for a while and bought a Samsung E2652W Duos. It is not an Android phone and the touch screen is terrible. It is a poor excuse for a phone even considering that it is a fairly cheap phone. It is spending its life in a drawer. She is using my old Motorola Defy Plus and she is very happy with it.

I'm about to purchase a new mobile too and I-Mobile is top of the list so far, for last few years I have had a contract with AIS, what would any advantage be with a dual sim phone?, ie with another provider. Thanks.

If AIS 3G is not working to your liking (very possible depending on your location), then you can stick for example a Dtac or True-H sim in just for an internet package, while remaining reachable on your ais number...

smile.png

Get in the settings menu it should have auto turn on and off. You can set it to come on. Just remember to put it on silent biggrin.png

sent from my Q6

Trawled all thru the Settings quite a few times, can't find an auto on off or where the alarm would come on. I notice you're using a Q6 not a Samsung.

The wife has exactly the same problem with her Samsung, which she has had for ages and never found the answer :)

smile.png

Get in the settings menu it should have auto turn on and off. You can set it to come on. Just remember to put it on silent biggrin.png

sent from my Q6

Trawled all thru the Settings quite a few times, can't find an auto on off or where the alarm would come on. I notice you're using a Q6 not a Samsung.

The wife has exactly the same problem with her Samsung, which she has had for ages and never found the answer :)

I thought it was standard on ICS.

My GF's Samsung on gingerbread hasn't got it. But my I-mobile Q6 has.

sent from my Q6

I'm about to purchase a new mobile too and I-Mobile is top of the list so far, for last few years I have had a contract with AIS, what would any advantage be with a dual sim phone?, ie with another provider. Thanks.

If AIS 3G is not working to your liking (very possible depending on your location), then you can stick for example a Dtac or True-H sim in just for an internet package, while remaining reachable on your ais number...

You can also keep your own number and move it to another

Operator if you find yourself in an area that's only covered by

True or Ais

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

Go for the IQ2A (ais) It has the 900 mhz band for 3g which is compatible with the Uk and Europe and Oz. The IQ6 (Dtac, Cat,True) has the 850 mhz band better suited to the America's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked up the latest Samsung S7652 Dual SIM. Quite happy with it. Had a look in MBK and they were 9,990bt but as I was going back to the UK I went to Siam Paragon and the Samsung dealer and picked one up for the same price, but also got a tax refund invoice and got 600bt back in tax at the airport.

Phone build is good, screen size good. Sometime a little laggy, but only sometimes.

Very pleased with it as I have tried a few China clone models and the UI was a bit hit and miss.

I guess you referred to a Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562.

Did you not have a problem installing/moving apps to the SD card?