Dual-Sim Smartphone With Android 4.xx. Any Ideas?

vel_tins

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Lower specs (display, no Gorilla glass..), but much higher price?

THIS PHONE has everything to become a real "killer phone", but not sure about Dual Sim now...

64 GB internal memory, 3GB Ram, Full HD display for ~350USD!

post-97561-0-76406300-1398510795_thumb.j

Edited by roban

^^

Is it really, really necessary to post so much unnecessary crap pictures? facepalm.gif

Site takes ages to load, especially if you're on mobile data.

One image and a link to that page should be absolutely enough....

Edited by roban

Does anyone know if Sony is releasing the E1 Dual in Thailand?

Here you are mate - I would show you some nice photos of the sony but if I do no doubt some one will throw a wobbly and spit their dummy out cheesy.gif

so sorry mate - its only a link whistling.gif

http://sonyxpshop.weloveshopping.com/store/product/view/SONY_XPERIA_E1_dual_White-26411921-th.html

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Sony is releasing the E1 Dual in Thailand?

Here you are mate - I would show you some nice photos of the sony but if I do no doubt some one will throw a wobbly and spit their dummy out cheesy.gif

so sorry mate - its only a link whistling.gif

http://sonyxpshop.weloveshopping.com/store/product/view/SONY_XPERIA_E1_dual_White-26411921-th.html

whistling.gifclap2.gifwai.gif haha

thank you, much obliged

about 5000 baht, eh... I flew to Singapore and there's only single-SIM versions (plus, wrong frequency - I don't want to run on AIS), plus apparently more expensive.

but, actually - does anyone know of any dual-SIM phone that is waterproof? For some reason Sony's waterproof phones aren't dual-SIM and dual-SIM phones aren't waterproof crazy.gifcrying.gifannoyed.gif

Edited by build6

Well the Motorola Moto G isn't officially waterproof BUT it does have a nano coating AND people have tested them in the sink.. might be worth a look. Hatyai4g has them.. Google.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

One More Dual SIM phone on the way smile.png

Nice Launcher, the homescreen looks almost like Windows phone 8.

But I can't find any informations, which Android Version is running on this phone?

wai.gif

I think ThaiLife meant to post the siamphone link to Nokia X (an android-based phone) instead of the Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim (Windows Phone 8.1)

I think ThaiLife meant to post the siamphone link to Nokia X (an android-based phone) instead of the Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim (Windows Phone 8.1)

The Nokia Android fork/offshoot phones are actually pretty interesting because of one thing they bring - they come default with offline HERE mapping, don't they? Garmin licences their map data for their "City Navigator" maps... dang it, yet one more phone I have to buy

got these cheapies too few model at each link

dont know if they are locked to network or dual sim you have to look yourself

AIS LAVA

https://myportal.ais.co.th/aisportal/acme/onlineshopRegular?portal:componentId=f9e725dc-eabd-4e27-b66b-a0c9d1385b0f&interactionstate=JBPNS_rO0ABXcbAAhsYW5ndWFnZQAAAAEAAmVuAAdfX0VPRl9f&portal:type=action&portal:isSecure=true

dtac Joey Jump (x2), Cheetah Turbo, Lion 5.0 HD

http://www.dtac.co.th/device/dtac-trinet-phone/joey-jump4-0.html

my guess is they are custom asus zenfones. specs a little different

Edited by poxy one

yes what I'm worried about is that they are "custom modified" for use only with AIS. in which case the low price isn't that useful because I don't actually want to use with AIS (I travel a lot and to places that use 850 as well). I guess I'll stick with the moto G. But that doesn't have microSD expansion... does anyone know of any waterproof phones that are dual-SIM and have microSD slots? does such a beast exist?

got these cheapies too few model at each link

dont know if they are locked to network or dual sim you have to look yourself

The Nokia Android fork/offshoot phones are actually pretty interesting because of one thing they bring - they come default with offline HERE mapping, don't they? Garmin licences their map data for their "City Navigator" maps... dang it, yet one more phone I have to buy

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. Android purists won't like it. Winfone purists probably won't like it either. I didn't like it at first, but I've gotten used to it. I sometimes bicycle in areas where data coverage is spotty, and I don't need data 24/7 anyway, so the offline mapping was the selling point. The phone part is fine, the GPS receiver seems a bit slow compared to my tablet, but it does work. I don't care about browsing, games, videos, music or email on my phone, so none of that mattered. It's good for me, but definitely not a phone for sophisticated Android users. Go to a store and play with one before you decide to buy. For me the phone, mapping and camera (not great but I don't cycle at night) were adequate and it was cheap and not too big.

• Like 1

Moto E announced today - has dual SIM and microSD (up to 32GB). But that's not the big news - the Moto G has apparently been refreshed with an LTE version that also has microSD expansion (not clear if there's dual-SIM but I suppose there should be?). I guess being a procrastinator has worked in my favour for once, haven't gotten the G yet, now I can wait for this new one!

http://www.hatyai4g.com/%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%99-promotion/xiaomi-redmi-167-detail.html

Xiaomi redmi. 4995b

3g 850-900-2100

http://www.mi.com/en/redmi for more info.

Personally I would spend the extra on the Moto G. But if you can't or don't want to the Redmi is a decent choice.

Edited by casualbiker

The redmi is one of those phones where only one SIM slot allows for 3G(WCDMA) networking, so I don't consider it a "true" dual SIM phone. If all you need is phone calls then its fine, though

True enough .. but I think you can change the Sim slot in the software to have 3g. You don't have to physically swap the cards (at least on other mediatek chips you could)

No, that's precisely it - you will have to physically swap the SIM cards. That's what's wrong with it. (Same for the Alcatel idol X+ too). Only one of the SIM slots is *physically* capable of 3G/WCDMA networking. If you get ahold of the redmi you can see the SIM slots clearly labelled with one 3G and one 2G-only