Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

Another eight hour power cut for me to endure tomorrow. That will be the fifth one now.

Any power cuts yet?

Its been off on the main road at Bophut since 8.00am. In fairness, as unpleasant as it is, they did give us warning. Roll on 16.00hrs

Does anyone know why the PEA chose to cut our power from 11.30 to 14.10 today? Apparently it was not because of an accident and i was wondering what works must be so important to hit us again today after a scheduled eight hour cut yesterday. After all if it was so important perhaps they might have had the kindness to start again at 8.00am when the temperature has not yet reached 38 degrees.

Does anyone know why the PEA chose to cut our power from 11.30 to 14.10 today? Apparently it was not because of an accident and i was wondering what works must be so important to hit us again today after a scheduled eight hour cut yesterday. After all if it was so important perhaps they might have had the kindness to start again at 8.00am when the temperature has not yet reached 38 degrees.

They cut when they have to, they were working between Samui Town Center and Makro in the morning.

Would you had preferred that they cut power at that time even though it was needed?

They cut when they have to, they were working between Samui Town Center and Makro in the morning.

Would you had preferred that they cut power at that time even though it was needed?

So let me get this right. You don't know the answer

Edited by carmine

Maybe they didn't finish your bit yesterday?

I would have thought that today was a holiday for them?

(Sorry - I did not see the posts on the next page!)

Edited by Tropicalevo

Ok. Makes sense. I've only seen them on some high-end villas. They ought to be able to generate some decent power though, considering how much heat and electricity they can produce in Northern Europe.

Initial investment is high which has in the past been ofset (in Europe) by government subsidies but it doesn't happen in Thailand. In any case, not being able to sell excess back to the grid makes domestic use pretty much a non starter.

If I remember correctly, there is a very high import tax on the panels - so as to protect the Thai manufactureres, who charge a lot for theirs.

I was talking to a supplier from Europe who said that the high tax makes it almost impossible for foreign companies.to make money

There is no import duty on solar panels since many years. And there are also no bigger Thai manufacturers on the market.

Of course you can sell back electricity, your meter will spin backwards - but do not ask any approval from the PEA and dont get a negative bill by the end of month.

Just to let everyone know; tomorrow we will have another power cut between 08.00 and 16.00

Bophut Traffic light, Airport, FIshermans village, Bang Rak, PLai Laem, Maenam, Front of Big C, Maenam Soi 1, Khao Pra, Bandon Hospital, Soi 99, Yupaland, ISS.

Not sure however if the power cut will be non-stop from 08.00 til 16.00 in every area or only from time to time during these hours.

Source: FB Pea Samui

• Like 1

Just to let everyone know; tomorrow we will have another power cut between 08.00 and 16.00

Bophut Traffic light, Airport, FIshermans village, Bang Rak, PLai Laem, Maenam, Front of Big C, Maenam Soi 1, Khao Pra, Bandon Hospital, Soi 99, Yupaland, ISS.

Not sure however if the power cut will be non-stop from 08.00 til 16.00 in every area or only from time to time during these hours.

I have heard the same.

Thanks for the updates.

i wonder who isgoing to pay for all these electric repairs round the island. i guess the price per unit shall rise soon rolleyes.gif

judging by the great big hike in my last bill we are paying for it.

Another Fai Dap tomorrow from 8.00 til 16.00 in the Chaweng Area, from Talad Daow traffic light junction to Bophut Police Station (by the lake), including Soi Reggae, Phetbuncha Stadium, Fire station, Soi Haad Ngam, Laem Din,... Apparently the power cut will be from time to time during these hours. Source: PEA

45 minute power cut in Lamai last night, not impressed.

One would think that they should be able to repair broken cables much quicker in the night, there is after all almost no traffic on the roads so it shouldn't take them more than 10-15 minutes to get there. dry.png

45 minute power cut in Lamai last night, not impressed.

One would think that they should be able to repair broken cables much quicker in the night, there is after all almost no traffic on the roads so it shouldn't take them more than 10-15 minutes to get there. dry.png

Where on earth did you come up with that explanation? huh.png This has about as much substance as your reply to my post a few days ago.