Plane Spotting - The Quiz

David48

Thai Airbus A300B4-622R

Rego HS-TAP

IF I am not wrong HS-TAP(Pathum Thani) has been withdrawn from use and it is being stored at Suv/DM airport (can't remember) early last year. unsure.png

I took that photo middle December 2012

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF I am not wrong HS-TAP(Pathum Thani) has been withdrawn from use and it is being stored at Suv/DM airport (can't remember) early last year. unsure.png

According to the Thai Aircraft register:

HS-TAP Airbus A300B4-622R c/n 635 ex F-WWAP

ff 10-Apr-92; regd 29-Jun-92 to Thai Airways International Co. Ltd [Don Mueang]; "Pathum Thani"; moved base to Suvarnabhumi Sep-06; withdrawn from service Mar-12 & ferried to Don Mueang for storage; listed for sale by Thai Airways International Sep-12; current Dec-12; believed awaiting scrapping at Don Mueang Mar-13

Withdrawn from service March 2012, but looks like it was back in service temporarily in December (or at least listed as current again). Pretty sure its back on the hardstand at DMK again now, out of use.

^^ SVB - Appalling effort - no

... Mistake - Yes ... rolleyes.gif

Mr Smith ... I left the Thai name on because by it's markings, it's fairly well know as Thai.

SVB ... Indeed it is a Thai Boeing 747-4D7 in Star Alliance livery ... clap2.gif

post-104736-0-23165900-1367557473_thumb.

post-104736-0-47070800-1367557486_thumb.

post-104736-0-45580600-1367557499_thumb.

post-104736-0-96327200-1367557460_thumb.

So SVB ... how did you pick in the 5 mins between me posting and you spotting correctly?

When you are posting - make sure you click on 'more reply options' at the bottom right of the reply pane (just to the right of the post button)

Don't use the My Media tab - instead scroll down below the reply window, and you will see Attach Files.

Click Choose File, then browse to the file you want.

Then click Attach This File - once it is uploaded, you will see an option on the right to 'add to post'

Thai 747-400, but I normally use the front Door and turn left. It must be just before landing as the Hostess is not in traditional dress and the curtain between First and Business is open.

Thai 747-400, but I normally use the front Door and turn left. It must be just before landing as the Hostess is not in traditional dress and the curtain between First and Business is open.

+1

(have ran out of my 'likes' for the day)

and the difference between a 744 and 744D7?

wink.png

No difference.

Boeing designates a 'customer code' for all deliveries. Thai Airways code is D7

So whenever they purchase a 747-400 series aircraft, it is designated as a 747-4D7

Airbus does the same.

Not quite the same... Our Francophile friends at Airbus don't do it the same as their American counterparts...

The 2 alphanumerical indicators on a Boeing indicate the customer, on an Airbus it denotes an engine manufacturer and specification.

For example, a TG A330-300 is technically an A330-343 (when armed with Rolls Royce Trent donks) and also an A330-321 (when armed with Pratt & Wittney donks). SQ - who also use the A330 - also have the same last 3 digits on their birds, depending on their choice of donk - fairly certain they're mostly Rolls Royce Trent 700's...