The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

4 hours ago, hackjam said:

I just find their food so bland. But you are correct, its a lovely place. Is it still open?

Food has nothing special and I still wonder what makes people think that any food is special ?! I guess that most can't even explain it.

Just like messages I read here saying that Kiss restaurant is not good, but people cannot explain why. So funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

First visit to HH today. Had "small" BF 2 bacon, 2 egg, 1 sausage, beans, tomato, fried potatoes, toast with butter and marmalade and cup of coffee all for 89 baht. Later I had liver and onions, mash, carrots & peas for 179 baht. Large Leo or Chang is 59 baht. I drink small bottles when in Pattaya: Chang was 39 baht. Is that the dogs boll**ks or what?

so ? what is special there that we cannot find anywhere else ?!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I will do my review of corned beef sarnies sat in the sand with a can of Chang next week..... lovely sunset.

You must be rich if you can afford a tin of corned beef in Thailand. Don't forget the piccalilli.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Leaver said:

3k per head for what you describe, in a pleasant environment, is not so bad.  

I'm happy with the value we got. Top notch grub. Usually we do meals like this with my wife when we travel, this year it hasn't unfortunately been possible. When in FI, DE, SG, Oz or NZ the tallies were around 150-300USD per head, so it's not bad at all.

3 hours ago, champers said:

You must be rich if you can afford a tin of corned beef in Thailand. Don't forget the piccalilli.

I usually use it to make Irish corned beef hash. Served with ketchup although I do have a jar of piccalilli in the fridge. One tin feeds a family of 4.

15 hours ago, polpott said:

I usually use it to make Irish corned beef hash. Served with ketchup although I do have a jar of piccalilli in the fridge. One tin feeds a family of 4.

Or me.... once I start on them sandwiches can't stop and any left-over product gets eaten without the bread, just a bit of salt.

• Like 1

Well I suppose it was bound to happen, word gets out about a decent restaurant doing a special deal and the dregs of society will turn up wanting their fill.

Tonight was no different, the Mrs & I headed off to our other favourite restaurant but for some unknown reason it was shut, so we headed from the Dark Side to 2nd road & Casa Pascal, no table booked but thought as it's mid week shouldn't be a problem, we got a table no problem, just wish we'd made it 30 seconds earlier then we wouldn't have had to endure the idiot with the gob on a nearby table as we would have been in a other part of the restaurant.

He sounded North American, not Canadian they say 'Eh' all the time ???? unfortunately he had a mouth like a sewer & was very very loud, he managed to draw the attention of most diners during the course of the evening, his friends & I use that term loosely, tried to shut him up to no avail.

He did fall asleep for close to an hour which was bliss ????

It's a shame because the restaurant, staff, service & food are excellent in my book.

You may ask why did I not say anything ? I ran it past the wife as I was getting very annoyed with the plonker, she preferred that I not say or do anything, as can be seen here on a daily basis simple arguments can end up with tragic consequences.

A message to his friends, at least one of which may be a member on here, please, don't invite that foulmouthed, uncouth, self opinionated t w a t out with you ever again.

Thank you

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

He sounded North American, not Canadian they say 'Eh' all the time ???? unfortunately he had a mouth like a sewer & was very very loud, he managed to draw the attention of most diners during the course of the evening, his friends & I use that term loosely, tried to shut him up 

Mexican?

Your post seemed to be more of a review of one no doubt annoying customer rather than the restaurant.

To add anyone that has spent any time in Canada would know that plenty or even most Canadians don't really fit the eh stereotype. 

Or even outside Canada.

I recall once being on a long flight to Europe surrounded by a large group of teen girls from Saskatchewan. No ehs were heard but they did kind of sound like Valley Girls.

Edited by Jingthing

Most of the decent Indian places are still open. India by nature and Real India still open in Jomtien and also out by the lake, Fishersman open, all 3 good.

There is an Indian guy I am in contact with in Jomtien that makes curries a few times every month, outstanding, really authentic.

PM me if anyone wants his contact details.

I have started making my own curries, in slow cooker, just using recopies from internet, and have been turning out really good. The handful of basic spices needed for most curries are cheap to buy. I have also found frozen paratha in Villa, 100B for a bag of 5, easy to fry and good.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, abonsa said:

one more reason why all these indian are scammers and indian food should be cheaper !

Things can always be cheaper but frankly the currently 160 baht tangri kebab (four count 'em good sized tandoori chicken legs) at Indian Rasoi by app represents good value in this market. So I think fairly enough priced decent Indian food is already here. We can fantasize about super cheap prices but it's not going to happen, so why bother?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Things can always be cheaper but frankly the currently 160 baht tangri kebab (four count 'em good sized tandoori chicken legs) at Indian Rasoi by app represents good value in this market. So I think fairly enough priced decent Indian food is already here. We can fantasize about super cheap prices but it's not going to happen, so why bother?

They buy chicken at 60 thb / kilo at makro and add 1 baht of spices, but then you believe that 100g of chicken should cost 160 thb ?

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

One day only!

On specifical today at hotmeals2u.com is a massive shredded pork burrito for 200 baht free delivery.

You can get similar Supreme burritos daily but not with the special shredded pork.

Available with grilled steak (recommended), shredded chicken which is rather dry, or ground beef if you like tex mex style. 

I endorse these burritos!

I think it's a recurring special, so look for it again next Saturday.