The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

On 10/27/2020 at 10:38 PM, questionsreplies said:

Thank you for Beza pizza buy 1 get 1 free, 2 pizza for 200 is a good price.

And what about pasta? Where can you find cheap good pasta or ravioli ?

Most restaurants buy fresh pasta and ravioli from pattaya wholesalers for 300 baht  / kilo, so selling an empty dish (seen on photos here) for 250 is way overpriced.

where can we find a big italian pasta dish for 200 ? 

Any idea ?

thank you.

Besa pizza are okay for 100 baht each !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, suhoaswhas said:

I am testing different Indian restaurants and they are just all the same, food is exactly the same everywhere, so I really cannot understand how some people can tell that any Indian is better than another one ? can someone explain what you have found different ?

Only thing that I can say is that for the same food some are too expensive, for example the fisherman cafe at Mabprachan lake, where a Mixed raita costs 150 thb ! Anywhere else it costs a maximum of 100 thb.

Food there is just as anywhere else except that it's overpriced, but still, people who seem to know nothing post on Tripadvisor that it's the best Indian food that they ate... how ridiculous ?!

Do you feel the same way about wine?

Of course there are differences between the Indian restaurants and often whether people like one over another is a matter of personal taste. But we're in an environment now of many fewer Indian restaurants so that does make trying out what's out there much more realistic. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

.Before Covid about 99% of the people eating at Indian restaurants were Indians

Really?

Well not at the Indian Restaurants I use. Rarely seen any Indians use Fisherman's or Masala Twist.

I do see Indians eating regularly at India By Nature.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yet in my observation (could be wrong) westerners, particularly Brits, will often complain if chicken is served on the bone.

When I have curry in Thailand, I would mostly want 'lamb' or mutton.... had chicken all the way up to my yahzool here. Now that does seem to vary a lot from lumps of bone and gristle to very good and in my mind defines the venue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2020 at 11:00 AM, redwood1 said:

I think many farangs in Pattaya have given up on Indian food because of the things you mentioned......Before Covid about 99% of the people eating at Indian restaurants were Indians....So now they have almost no customers... 

The only Indian restaurant I have ever found that I liked,with OK prices is the.. Tikka Center Indian restaurant on Soi Bukow....

I hear the Indian dishes are ok at the Hungry Hippo and Robin- Hood.... This is on my to-do list to check out in the future....

and can you explain why you like this one specifically when they all exactly taste the same ?

and if you think that they taste different please explain why, I tested more than 10, all similar taste, all overpriced.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The Tikka Center Indian restaurant is in my opinion is one of the least overpriced Indian restaurant in Pattaya....And their food is very consistently good...The Nana bread is great.....And as a added bonus you get to watch the girls on Soi Honey doing their thing...lol 

This one ? I will try it and report:

https://goo.gl/maps/2jNWvszi12aQkSTKA

• Like 1

Just now, redwood1 said:

The Tikka Center Indian restaurant is in my opinion is one of the least overpriced Indian restaurant in Pattaya....And their food is very consistently good...The Nana bread is great.....And as a added bonus you get to watch the girls on Soi Honey doing their thing...lol 

Yes

I have been there several times, fairly inexpensive and the food is consistent.

Glad they have survived.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Just because everything tastes the same to you does not mean everything tastes the same to others, and just because things seem overpriced to you does not mean they seem overpriced to others. 

All Scotch tastes about the same to me, and I don't get why one shot is sells for a dollar while another sells for ten and yet another  sells for a hundred. Clearly some people taste the difference and are willing to pay for it. 

Westerners just dont get Indian food....Indian food to Indians is much more than just food....They are highly sensitive to the spices used....The spices are part of their identity.....The particular spices used remind them of their part of India, their particular city, their family their religion etc......All this mixes with western steak and potato fast food culture like oil a water........

This is one reason Indians are such picky eaters....

Western taste buds will never understand Indian food...The Indians are real gluttons for punishing criticism for trying to sell their food to people who will never get it.......

Why they what to open Indian restaurants in a country like Thailand where 99.99% of the Thais hate their food, I will never understand (how many Thais have you seen eating in a Indian restaurant? My guess is ZERO) ....And except for a few farang almost all other tourist avoid Indian food too...

Edited by redwood1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2