Unconscious Drunk Driver Causes Traffic Chaos In Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Unconscious Drunk Driver causes traffic chaos in Central Pattaya

car-31.jpg

PATTAYA:--A busy intersection on the Central Pattaya Road close to Big C Extra was brought to a standstill on Saturday afternoon by a suspected drunk driver who appeared to have fallen into an unconscious state due to severe intoxication, as he waited at traffic lights.

Traffic Police stationed nearby realized there was a problem when car horns were heard for more than 5 minutes inside Soi Yumet at the side of Big C Extra. A silver Toyota Vios failed to pull away at the green light which caused a traffic jam. For more than 20 minutes officers and members of the public were banging the car windows and tried to rouse the unconscious driver, later named as Khun Pronchai

aged 22.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/69314/unconscious-drunk-driver-traffic-chaos-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-12-30

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Like 1

police should have kicked his ass..... well a fine wont stop him doing it again

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Well as it turns out, it appears he was truly drunk. Maybe they should begin fining bars who serve booze to patrons who have clearly become impaired if they cause death and destruction to others as a consequence ... whether driving a car or smashing about on Walking Street.

They should have broken in a bit sooner though. If he was unconscious for 25 minutes, whether drunk or from a medical problem, he needed to be removed from the car before he expired or suddenly came to & hit the gas pedal.

I always thought that to take forever to pull away when the lights go green was the law in Thailand, so many people seem to do it.

That's because the drivers whose traffic light went red keep going forever.

So bloody true, even when you have a green light does not mean you can go through, best to look left look right look left look right look left look righ, and for safe measure do as many times is needed.

• Like 2

I always thought that to take forever to pull away when the lights go green was the law in Thailand, so many people seem to do it.

Maybe they are all unconscious also. Hard to tell with all that dark film on the windows.

They hold on green for a while to let the last of the redrunners through...I also learned that after a couple of near misses. Edited by tingtongfarang
  • Like 1

That's because the drivers whose traffic light went red keep going forever.

This may be true in some cases, but not when pulling away at green on Sukumvit in the middle of Pattaya: there is sod-all coming for miles in any direction, but they still take an age to select first gear and move off. They are mostly just dopey, that's all.

• Like 1

Here in Pran Buri on the main road, I often see the exact opposite. At timered intersections, people start off even before the light turns green. Brakes release at T-5, people start accelerating at T-3, whether or not the intersection is clear.

Yes, thats my experience as well :)

Maybe they are all unconscious also. Hard to tell with all that dark film on the windows.

Well better not to race off Riyadh style as you will get T-boned by the guys still coming through on red.

Standard of driving deteriorates in Pattaya right now as there is too much traffic and the Bangkok guys bring their driving style to town!

There seems to be two types of drivers, those that leave on the red, and those that cant quite seem to figure out how to get in first gear, or maybe they are starting in second gear. Most here dont seem to be able to down shift, so they are always in a gear too high, which accounts for the slow turning at intersections.

I have a feeling that in addition to a massive hangover, he is going to be a very embarrassed young man. His picture is going to be all over the place.

And rest assured Scott, the Thai web forums give out their measure of vitriol to idiots like this.