Why Have The Report Function?

beano2274

IF you had simply pressed the report button the OP would never have known it was you who reported it and we (the moderation team) would have gotten any stick.

Instead you chose to post in the thread revealing your identity to all (and didn't hit 'report').

• Like 2

Well as much as I would like to help find the guy or pass on details to others who might help, I do not want to see it 3 times on the page, I have my forum view set up as "show me posts I have not read".

Like I have said many times before, why not have a function where if you want to post the Forum asks, have you checked that this has not already been posted, don't think this is difficult.

Also the comment was addressed to the Poster so that in future they did check before posting.

I haven't nominated myself as a mod, but am an avid reader and also a person who has had good ideas about subjects and these have been taken on board and used in Thaivisa, to help the readers.

Edited by beano2274

IF you had simply pressed the report button the OP would never have known it was you who reported it and we (the moderation team) would have gotten any stick.

Instead you chose to post in the thread revealing your identity to all (and didn't hit 'report').

Funny the words "report sent" appeared.

Funny the words "report sent" appeared.

You (rightly) reported the PM that you received. I can find no record of you reporting the thread.

Never mind it's sorted now, but in future please just report the thread if you don't want the OP to know it was you.

I too reported (via the “report” button) two days ago that a poster on the farming section posted spam (advertising his rabbits for sale) on 4 different topics within the forum within seconds. There has been no response and the posts remain.

I too reported (via the “report” button) two days ago that a poster on the farming section posted spam (advertising his rabbits for sale) on 4 different topics within the forum within seconds. There has been no response and the posts remain.

The poster has been warned.

I hope you offered a carrot and stick response. tongue.png

Or wabbit. biggrin.png
  • Like 1

Or wabbit. biggrin.png

The only response to such a warning is..."I'm all ears!"......or if it came from Sheryl...."What's up doc?" biggrin.png

As the mods would say, 'just lettuce handle it'.

Edited by Songhua
  • Like 2