Farm Photos

shaggy1969

This is one of the first lot of Cha-Om plants that I pruned.I have been told that this time of the year is not the best time to prune,I assume that it is because of the dry season.This one shows that I must have done something right but I have to admit that I am cheating as I water them by hand.I have finished pruning all of the 74 plants (I was told there was only 50) after losing at least a litre of blood.annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif

_DSC1172.JPG

I understand that the best treatment for these types of wounds is to liberally apply strong alcohol (internally!) I would recommend something like a single malt! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

This is one of the first lot of Cha-Om plants that I pruned.I have been told that this time of the year is not the best time to prune,I assume that it is because of the dry season.This one shows that I must have done something right but I have to admit that I am cheating as I water them by hand.I have finished pruning all of the 74 plants (I was told there was only 50) after losing at least a litre of blood.annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif

_DSC1172.JPG

I understand that the best treatment for these types of wounds is to liberally apply strong alcohol (internally!) I would recommend something like a single malt! thumbsup.gif

I did follow that remedy with a couple of large Glayva's.drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

• Like 2

Hey teletiger.

A while ago you posted some photos of your mushroom building......did you make any more progress?

How forgetful of me.smile.png

Here it is this afternoon. Mrs T then went in and picked 10 kilos. Sold to a lady at our local Talat Nat for 50 Baht per kilo.

She also got 80 Baht for 4 kilos of banana leaves! w00t.gif More than the bananas! (10 Baht per hand) A very happy bunny.

attachicon.gifP1000939.JPG

attachicon.gifP1000940.JPG

'And here is the said happy bunny explaining the technical aspects of a loofer to yours truly. smile.png

attachicon.gifP1000945.JPG

'And in case anyone is interested, tongue.png We grew a loofer plant through a 4 metre tree last year. It produced 56 saleable loofers at 20 Baht each, plus a whole load of others that we use for kitchen scrub pads (brilliant) (no, that's not a trade name.rolleyes.gif ) and gave loads away to friends.

Being replete with photos....there's more to come.

Regards.

Yesterday i when to NTUC ( sg ) to see the price of mushroom. it cost $1.10 sgd / 150g for Oyster mushroom (when packed)

Yesterday i when to NTUC ( sg ) to see the price of mushroom. it cost $1.10 sgd / 150g for Oyster mushroom (when packed)

Yes, in the market the price is between 100 and 150 Baht per kilo, in 100gm bags.

Maybe something to look at for the future. At the moment it's just a trial run.

Regards.

Is that your beer on the top of the closest one ? biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png

No mate,If I remeber rightly it was a can of feed for the birds.

..........and shame on you for thinking I would leave my beer out in the blazing sun facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Roaside lemon grass just been planted with Suthep contracted for waterig duties.( I was too slow and missed him in action on the 1st one)

Looks Like Suthep has got his work cut out maintaining that lot on a daily basis Ron blink.png

• Like 1

Hey teletiger.

A while ago you posted some photos of your mushroom building......did you make any more progress?

Here it is this afternoon. Mrs T then went in and picked 10 kilos. Sold to a lady at our local Talat Nat for 50 Baht per kilo.

She also got 80 Baht for 4 kilos of banana leaves! w00t.gif More than the bananas! (10 Baht per hand) A very happy bunny.

'And here is the said happy bunny explaining the technical aspects of a loofer to yours truly. smile.png

'And in case anyone is interested, tongue.png We grew a loofer plant through a 4 metre tree last year. It produced 56 saleable loofers at 20 Baht each, plus a whole load of others that we use for kitchen scrub pads (brilliant) (no, that's not a trade name.rolleyes.gif ) and gave loads away to friends.

Regards.

No you can't convert what is priced in Thb in Thailand low cost living and compare it to Singapore high cost of living and high income.

For example, in Thailand i can buy oyster mushroom in a local village market but not in S'pore. There you can't buy it in the HDB estate market...only in the supermarket like NTUC, TOPS or Giant.

But still in term of comparison, an average income of $50... $1.10 per pack is like a pinch of salt. Other than that, prices of vice are horrible. A pack of cigarettes is $13 !!!

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by RedBullHorn

Hey teletiger.

Regards.

No you can't convert what is priced in Thb in Thailand low cost living and compare it to Singapore high cost of living and high income.

For example, in Thailand i can buy oyster mushroom in a local village market but not in S'pore. There you can't buy it in the HDB estate market...only in the supermarket like NTUC, TOPS or Giant.

But still in term of comparison, an average income of $50... $1.10 per pack is like a pinch of salt. Other than that, prices of vice are horrible. A pack of cigarettes is $13 !!!

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, RBH the price of Beer & Cigarettes in sg had gone UP again , got to leave singapore soon.

Edited by itsmylife

Although I have seen many loads of machine harvested sugarcane passing through my area,this is the 1st machine that I have seen.

I apologise for the quality of the shots taken as they were all taken using the lcd screen to select the shot shooting into the sun and impossible to see what was in the frame.Should have used the view finder which I found out later gives me a better view of the subject.All part of the learning process using the new camera I guess.