Lazada Buying Experience:

dddave

Just an update...

A friend ordered an LG Zink printer as a gift, paying by PayPal on 15/12 - it was sent from Lazada on 20/12, and according to Thai Post (yes, they sent it EMS) it'll probably/hopefully arrive on 22-23/12.

After enlightening me about to the device, I bought the exact same thing for my daughter on 19/12, paying by COD - it was sent the same day and it arrived yesterday (20/12).

Exact same product in both cases, and fulfilled by Lazada themselves, and delivering to the same postcode.

1 day vs. 7-8 days. Incredible. They'll never see my money in advance, that's for sure.

Hey that's an interesting gift idea. Never heard of such a device.

I've also never ordered from Lazada before but I will order this immediately if there is a chance it will arrive by the 25th. Can I ask, was your order fulfilled by HRR?

Cheers

I think I already mentioned it, but it was fulfilled by Lazada themselves.

Model number is: PD239, and it costs 3590 Baht. Search for 'Zink' and you find a pack of 30 films for 339 Baht.

OK cheers, I've ordered. Delivery apparently 2-4 days.

My initial search didn't bring up any fulfilled by Lazada. But searching with "PD239" did.

Lazada did as promised. This device I ordered on Sunday (21st) was delivered today (23rd).

Also the price is comparable to Amazon US. So all in all, a good first experience with Lazada.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as a regular buyer from Lazada, i wanna let you know my experience with them.

Last week i ordered a rice cooker and adressed it to my mother in law. The item was free of shipping fee. I filled in her adress and everything looked ok.

A few hours later i ordered a youghurt maker for myself.

For the way of paymet i choosed for visa. At the moment i clicked the visa button i directly got informed that the item was payed and to deliver at the adress of my mother in law.

Surprised, i thought, just send them a message to let them know what went wrong. A few hours later i got the message that canceling the order was not possilbe because it was sent to the shipping company !!!!!!!!!. But dont worry. Soon as it arrivés there we wil inform them to cancel, they say.

In the meanwhile the rice cooker was offered to my mother in law with a bill of more then 480 bht. She refused to accept the package.

Days later still no answer or canceling from Lazada.

For me this is enough bad experience to never buy there again.

Edited by Broeno

No. Other firms will provide the normal manufactures warranty card for TV.

Not always. Many of the third party products are grey imports and thus no warrantee It is clearly stated so it is not cheating, I do not buy items marked Imported for this reason. If they are from Lazada itself they have full warrantee as do the stuff from IT City or Tesco.

Good point but that is why I stated TV - do not believe there are any TV sets on the gray import list (most are actually made here in Thailand). Have not ordered any marked as imported items so can not speak for them.

as a regular buyer from Lazada, i wanna let you know my experience with them.

Last week i ordered a rice cooker and adressed it to my mother in law. The item was free of shipping fee. I filled in her adress and everything looked ok.

A few hours later i ordered a youghurt maker for myself.

For the way of paymet i choosed for visa. At the moment i clicked the visa button i directly got informed that the item was payed and to deliver at the adress of my mother in law.

Surprised, i thought, just send them a message to let them know what went wrong. A few hours later i got the message that canceling the order was not possilbe because it was sent to the shipping company !!!!!!!!!. But dont worry. Soon as it arrivés there we wil inform them to cancel, they say.

In the meanwhile the rice cooker was offered to my mother in law with a bill of more then 480 bht. She refused to accept the package.

Days later still no answer or canceling from Lazada.

For me this is enough bad experience to never buy there again.

I've had a similar experience with them, almost.... I ordered a gift to be delivered to a different name & address, and upon my next order (for me), the default shipping address was now the other persons. Luckily, I spotted it before committing the order though - sounds like you didn't.

Not always. Many of the third party products are grey imports and thus no warrantee It is clearly stated so it is not cheating, I do not buy items marked Imported for this reason. If they are from Lazada itself they have full warrantee as do the stuff from IT City or Tesco.

Good point but that is why I stated TV - do not believe there are any TV sets on the gray import list (most are actually made here in Thailand). Have not ordered any marked as imported items so can not speak for them.

I contacted LAZADA directly and asked them to clarify the warranty policy on "Imported" items. Following is the less than satisfying reply I received:

"Thank you for your contacting Lazada. As you mentions, we would like to inform you that all of imported products do not have a warranty from supplier but have a warranty from Lazada about 7-14 days after you receive the product (some items)."

So, it appears that if you have a problem with an "imported" item after the 14 day return window is passed, you are SOL.

I contacted LAZADA directly and asked them to clarify the warranty policy on "Imported" items. Following is the less than satisfying reply I received:

"Thank you for your contacting Lazada. As you mentions, we would like to inform you that all of imported products do not have a warranty from supplier but have a warranty from Lazada about 7-14 days after you receive the product (some items)."

So, it appears that if you have a problem with an "imported" item after the 14 day return window is passed, you are SOL.

It may be less than satisfying, but is pretty normal international business. Lazada cannot offer supplier warranties because they are not an authorized distributor or VAR or reseller of these goods. They cannot obtain RMAs (Return Merchandise Authorizations) from the mfgrs. as such, and have to rely on return to the exporters.

This system allows for a much greater range of products at lower prices than elsewhere in Thailand, but there are some risks.

• 10 months later...

Lazada is responsible for what is sold on their websites, and therefor they`re also responsible for the scams that occur from their websites, which isn`t only limited to lazada.co.th (Thailand), but also elsewhere in Southeast Asia.

1.) For some time ago I ordered Project CARS for Playstation 4. I checked back on the site and it said they had sent it. Six days went by and then my wife gets a call from them where they said: Sorry, we don`t have the product that was ordered. What? It said you had sent the game several days ago. What a joke. Luckily I didn`t pay for it (pay on delivery). I cancelled the order.

2.) I checked the website yesterday and I saw some insane discounts. Up to 97% discount on products that is claimed to have cost from hundreds to several thousands baht, now only costing a fraction. Too good to be true? Of course, I though, as I`m a skeptical person by nature. I checked through the almost endless list of products, until I got tired. I then realized that most products that was not listed in the discount section (campaigns) was also on discount, and hundreds more, if not thousands more products was listed as on well over 90% discount. Then I found a swimming pool that I bought last year on Do Home (Udon Thani). I paid 1,590 or 1,595 THB for it, which came with a air pump. This exact same swimming pool (305x183x56, 999 litre, with the same air pump and with the same design, drawings and company logo) was also sold for a similar price all over Udon Thani and probably elsewhere in Thailand as well. This product is listed for 1,870 THB on Lazada. A little bit more than what I paid for it, nothing specially wrong about that, but if you have a look on it`s discount percentage and what they claim it cost before the discount: 69% discount, down from 6,100 THB. That`s bs. It has probably never cost 6,100 baht, and if so, for how many years will this product be on crazy nonstop discounts? It`s a scam, and Lazada is responsible for the products they and others list on their website. I also checked some of the watches they have listed as 97% discount, and one specific watch went down from 8,580 THB to just 298 THB (97%). I looked on other websites for this Synoke watch, and I found it to cost around the same price as it is sold on Lazada. Not 8,580 baht. That Lazada is excepting this false promotion to lure people into thinking this is a lifetime deal is wrong and would never had been excepted in your home country. It classifies as a scam.

The swimming pool: http://www.lazada.co.th/intex-305x183x56-58485-1779841.html

The watch (298 THB): http://www.lazada.co.th/multi-function-waterproof-double-digital-quartz-led-sports-watch-blue-879385.html

The same watch sold elsewhere (316 THB): http://www.gearbest.com/sports-led-watches/pp_111389.html

The same watch resold by some other scammer (609 THB): http://www.amazon.com/SYNOKE-Waterproof-Noctilucent-places-Quality/dp/B00FWTGRDS

The same watch resold by another scammer (1,127 THB): http://www.dhgate.com/product/synoke-classic-67606-gmt-dural-time-display/193120776.html

Still no where close to 8,000 baht though.

3.) Reviews of Lazada from customers all over Asean is generally poor, ranging from just 1 to 3,5 of 5 stars.

Lazada reviews from their employees: 3,3 of 5 stars (read about the reviews here: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Lazada-Reviews-E578726.htm )

Notice the reviews from Thailand: "High workload", "Not well organized", "unclear strategy", "frequent change in plans"...

I`m obviously not saying Lazada is a pure scam, and it`s intentions may not be bad either. It`s plenty of customers that are happy, and the very most satisfied customers won`t bother make any reviews. What I am saying, Lazada does not hold western quality standards when it comes to anything. What I mentioned as scam is probably not considered as scam by Thai standards, and more likely a "cultural norm". Don`t expect western quality standards on all their products, service, work ethics, customer`s rights, policies and business strategy. They started in 2012 I think, and what they have achieved in so little time is quite impressive, but that does come at a cost, even when you have financial backing from JP Morgan and Tesco.

If Lazada had been a western company with the same standards as they have now, then they would have had close to the lowest ratings as possible, and perhaps not even existing as they would`ve gotten too much negative attention from customer councils, customer`s shopping rights institutions (or what it may be called in your respective country).

Would I recommend anyone to buy from them? No I would not. But there are not many alternatives on online shopping in Thailand, and especially not good ones. A good thing is that they have the "Pay on delivery" option, so you could try to shop from them and refuse to pay if the product is not what promised or not delivered at all, but keep in mind that many products they have listed do NOT have any warranty and guaranties. You will not get a refund, and you will have no commercial rights what so ever. Luckily Lazada is so kind to let you easily know which products that is, so keep an eye out for that. Another alternative is going to a physical store instead. Most of the products on Lazada is sold there, and it is not like in Europe where online shopping is cheaper than going to a physical store. On Lazada most products are listed for a higher price than you can find it in a physical store, even products listed by Tesco Lotus (financial backer of Lazada).

Edited by HOAX

In the past 12 months I have purchased 8 items-including a 42" LG TV all were delivered speedily (C.O.D) and without any problems Lazada gets a thumbs up from me thumbsup.gif

That`s of course very positive. I am fully aware of that there are plenty of satisfied customers, as I mentioned previously, but for me the experience has been rather only negative. I`ve only done a single purchase from the company, so I may not be the most qualified to speak about them, but I`ve visited the site quite a few times, and my experience from that is more "suspicious" than keen on buying anything. But, I`m going to make a couple of buys in the next weeks. If that comes out negative as well, then I will post it in this thread (if I can find it). I do know they got plenty of quality products, but they for sure has a lot of woowoo products, customer service, policies and work ethics as well. I hope they get rid of that and improve.

Another thing I forgot to mention is their turnover. They made huge profits the first 3 years, which they should`ve invested into improving what they had built, but now the profits are shrinking drastically because of their rapid (4000 employees in just 4 years) expansion (the Chinese corporate syndrome it`s called). The owners are Germans, so maybe they got some sense. They`ve been quite successful with their other projects in the past, such as Alando (sold to eBay), Jamba! (sold to VeriSign) and plenty of other investments. Hope Lazada will become equally successful.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered 2 items at about 16.00 last Friday. Order was confirmed with a 2-4 day delivery window. On Saturday afternoon at about 15.00 the driver called to confirm the address as he was making the delivery.

23 hours from order to delivery. Amazing.

• 2 months later...

i have been waiting since 29jan for a refund. when i sent the defective item back, i asked for a replacement. lazada replied that they only refund. i sent my bank account details on 29 jan. i received an email on 3rd feb saying the money had been put into my bank account and that it would take up to 7 days for the money to go into my bank. LIES. today i received an email from lazada saying to provide my bank account deatils AGAIN. DO NOT BUY FROM LAZADA!!!!!!!!!!!!

works well but i have a small item i have ordered 4 times now, everytime they ask me to pick it up at the post office.. i live in a very large city and the mailman comes to my house everyday, so everytime i get a message to pick it up, i re order it...

Thinking of it out of 10 items, i have only had one delivered to my house, so if you dont want to hit the post office, dont use lazada. Im re-ordering it for the 5th time now.. they're starting to lose some real money over this 300b item

works well but i have a small item i have ordered 4 times now, everytime they ask me to pick it up at the post office.. i live in a very large city and the mailman comes to my house everyday, so everytime i get a message to pick it up, i re order it...

Thinking of it out of 10 items, i have only had one delivered to my house, so if you dont want to hit the post office, dont use lazada. Im re-ordering it for the 5th time now.. they're starting to lose some real money over this 300b item

Exactly what do you mean "everytime they ask me to pick it up a the post office?"

That is, how do they notify you to pick it up? Email...sms...card left in your mailbox, etc?

Everytime they ask me to pickup at the post office???

Something not correct here.

I use Lazada nearly every week, 3 items this week. 1 delivered by Thai post 2 delivered by Kerry.

Never been asked to collect from anywhere, would be immpossible for me anyway.

im in phuket, not the best kind of thai people.. my guess is the lazada office here is a bunch of lazy .... and they just pawn it off for a pick up instead of driving around in the heat.

They dont use my regular postal delivery guy.

Everytime it gets to phuket i get a call, please pick it up. there's someone at my house 24/7.

just ordered it again.. i hope they understand that i wont fight through traffic to get the 300b item before we get to the 10th order.

Edited by bearpolar

• 4 weeks later...

Name and Shame post - and Quoted Reply - Hidden

Forum Rule -

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Lazada have ruined their Android app, the search feature is now next to useless, wanted a multimeter but gave up trying and purchased from eBay instead. Other features like wish list have days delay in updating. When I first used them the app worked quite well.

I usually make 2 orders with Lazada each month. Use my wife's work as the delivery address (large, well known office building in Chatuchak) as it's much more reliable than using the home muubaan address. Super impressed with the service. Good order tracking on their website and android app and I almost always get my orders before the expected delivery date. Being able to pay COD is just icing on the cake. I suspect a lot of people's problems come from the specific retailers and not Lazada itself. I make sure to take note of which shops items are coming from and have built up a list of reliable sellers, just like people do with Aliexpress. Check the seller's rating before you buy.

• 2 months later...

What happens if I refuse to accept delivery ?

Order 2 matching monitors but only 1 has been shipped and the monitor is no longer listed.

1 monitor is not acceptable.

Edited by Don Mega

I have purchased MANY items from Lazada. Quite often I could have gotten a better price elsewhere but I think the convenience and free shipping to my front door justifies a little higher price. One thing I don't like is that they have more and more imported items from other countries. I made the mistake of ordering one of those items and never received it. I pay with a credit card and I had a refund before I bothered to complain. I wish they had the option to filter out the imported items. Other than that, I have every intention to continue to deal with Lazada.

Buying things from Ebay or Amazon, especially Amazon, the shipping rates are often more expensive than the item. Not only that, FedEx and and maybe others are in bed with Thai customs. I bought some vitamins and despite paying about as much for shipping that they cost, I got hit with a customs charge that was also more than the cost of the vitamins. That made the purchase three times more than the product cost. I had read that there were no custom charges on vitamins. Someone forgot to tell customs that.

Buying things from Ebay or Amazon, especially Amazon, the shipping rates are often more expensive than the item. Not only that, FedEx and and maybe others are in bed with Thai customs. I bought some vitamins and despite paying about as much for shipping that they cost, I got hit with a customs charge that was also more than the cost of the vitamins. That made the purchase three times more than the product cost. I had read that there were no custom charges on vitamins. Someone forgot to tell customs that.

Did you have a licence to import vitamins ?

http://www.fedex.com/id/about/custom/regulatoryupdates/THFDA_15June2011.html

Maybe you copped a fine and not import taxes however it is common knowledge the couriers (fedex/dhl/ups etc etc) all calculate import taxes and duties and will collect that payment from you before they will give you the goods.

Edited by Don Mega

holy crap. I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and got a Iphone 5c instead... really hope they fix this fast. I just sent an email to them.

But you accepted delivery despite anyone with half a brain cell could easily see it's not the correct item?

What happens if I refuse to accept delivery ?

Order 2 matching monitors but only 1 has been shipped and the monitor is no longer listed.

1 monitor is not acceptable.

Ha all sorted.

Put 2 monitors into the cart and did the checkout. everything said 2 monitors even the order confirmation.

For some reason the order was then split into 2 and they cam as separate deliveries.

Weird but 2 arrived.

This thread is getting kind of long in the tooth, but it's interesting to follow the history of satisfaction (and lack thereof) for the last few years.

I just completed my 12th Lazada transaction and have had no problems for deals from 400 baht to 25,000 Baht. Most vendors have been local, but several have been from China, again- no problems, no surprises and no unexpected fees for delivery or customs.

The one hiccup was a Chinese vendor whose delivery promise was 6 weeks- and he made it with plenty time to spare. But apparently Lazada requires them to ship within 24 hours of order receipt, so I got a tracking number a couple of weeks before the order actually shipped. The phenomena was clearly explained in the China Post tracking website explaining fake tracking numbers. It was a little worrying, but in the end, the product was delivered well within the promised time.

My major complaints would be the usability of the website- with a poor search function and page after page of identical items at identical prices from a single vendor. Also, I'd prefer to be able to search for items that are not imported because I always receive those within 1-2 days, where imported items can take days to weeks. And, of course, the product range is limited.

My first few transactions were COD. But with increased confidence, I now use ATM pay for the convenience of not having to keep up to 25K baht in my wallet for a COD delivery. So far, no disappointments.

I'll keep shopping Lazada for the fact they guaranty no added fees like shipping and customs surprises, along with not having to scrounge for hours in local shops to find exactly what I want- if I can find it at all in the shops. I'm hoping their tie-up with Alibaba will improve their product selection and not duplicate the horrible mess that is AliExpress. (But that's a whole 'nother topic)

Suppose I ask Lazada to deliver the item to post office ( I have a postal box there ), will they go to the post office ? it's not more convenient for them to deliver to my home ?

I have ordered so far three items from Lazada, and I have seen that the packaging was very good ( two items were fragile ), as good as when I ordered in Europe before

Packing will vary by vendor but if from Lazada itself has always been good for me and in most cases from vendors.

The search function is very poor - and having all the new drop overseas shipments cluttering up pages makes it almost unusable - indeed there needs to be an option to only view local available items.

I have made 60 orders for a total of 135k baht since January 2014 but have recently opted out of there advertising (you have to do so on each order).