Kidnapped Karen Girl Enslaved By Cruel Thai Couple

webfact

Why not Thaivisa or the farangs start a donation to help the poor girl...

Are you Thai?

Just asking, because normally I get answers like "you don't know Thainess" from your likes or "If you don't like how we handle things here, go home!".

Why not Thaipeople (to use your way of speaking) start a donation to help the poor girl?

Oh...right...she is poor and not Thai, so...none of your problem, right?!

I am not Thai, and I don't care a baht whether farangs or otherwise stay in thailand or go home, I for one if I do not like a place I would not visit it, even it's dirt cheap.

This is more or lest a farang forum, that's why I suggest TV/farnags...and I am sure there are Thais members too, common sense they are included...and likewise there are many kind souls in TV..have read many posts of the generorsity of farangs here..Maybe you are not one of them..OOPS, no offence.

your " Oh...right...she is poor and not Thai, so...none of your problem, right?!...PLEASE elaborate..

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This story is like a festering sore for Thailand. Therefore this story will fade away, and the monsters will certainly never be brought to justice. Too much face to be lost in a trial. The thundering silence from Yingluck, The Champion of Women in Thailand, was the first tip off of where this story would go. Cambodia has to be a bit boring for these monsters, unless they are now torturing a little Khymer girl.. Am sure they will be back soon, probably just a matter of stopping by their house to find them. Hmmm guess I could do that and pick up the 100,000 baht reward money ???

I do wish one of these so called reporters in Thailand would have the gonads to question Yingluck as to her complete silence on this terrible case of human rights abuse. After all she is a champ of women or so she said. Actions speak louder than words.
True P1 but words are all that's needed to look good.
I found it interesting that I sent links about this story to every large international news organization, and never heard back from a single one of them. Maybe if a story is too horrific, the media does not want to touch it..

There are even more horrifying stories than this one out there, I'm sorry to say. Thailand is just a pimple on a pig's backside out in the real world. Stories about debauchery inThailand sell newspapers, not inhuman stories that are two a penny. It's a pretty shitty world that we live in.

• Like 1

I heard of this story from my friend awhile ago. My friend was trying to gather donations for her. We created a pot and he wired the money to an account setup by the government. Thanks for the update. I know she was returned to her family but didn't know she went back to burma. When I first heard the story I was touched by it. I generally donate to all causes I hear about but this one felt a bit more important since I'm ethnic Karen even if I'm not culturally.

I just wanted to make this specific post because sometimes when I come on the forum I feel cynical after reading some of the posts.

I heard of this story from my friend awhile ago. My friend was trying to gather donations for her. We created a pot and he wired the money to an account setup by the government. Thanks for the update. I know she was returned to her family but didn't know she went back to burma. When I first heard the story I was touched by it. I generally donate to all causes I hear about but this one felt a bit more important since I'm ethnic Karen even if I'm not culturally.

I just wanted to make this specific post because sometimes when I come on the forum I feel cynical after reading some of the posts.

its more important as you are ethnic karen. so its less important if the child happen to be different from your ethnic? wow, whats your point? your mentality seems to be in similar grounds with the abusers.

i feel cynical after reading your post

There was a small update on Thai Channel 7 news 3 days ago on 20/06/13, where it was reported she was being treated at Bangkok's Ramathibodi Hospital for her injuries.
Nong Air was quoted as saying she wants to return to her parents as soon as possible. She also hopes to go to school and start working to earn money to help support her family.
The plastic surgeon who treated her said he was satisfied with the results of the surgery he'd performed to free her right arm which had become stuck to her torso by the burns and she's now able to raise it and use it normally. He anticipates her leaving hospital in two weeks' time, although there are still concerns about her safety as the husband and wife couple who tortured her are still at large.

I got to the end ... I was hoping to read that suspects had been aprehended by the Thai authorities ... in my heart I knew that was never going to happen.

Thailand is a sad case, sadder for every day I am here :(

YInluck's silence on the issue was/is yet another stain on her reprehensible government and her personal integrity. She's chinese ethnic, she thinks Thais are inferior beings so a Karen is at least two steps below a level where she might give a shi*.

its more important as you are ethnic karen. so its less important if the child happen to be different from your ethnic? wow, whats your point? your mentality seems to be in similar grounds with the abusers.

i feel cynical after reading your post

It's a shame that we can't use strong language on this forum or you'd be inundated with it.

Darvil is right - and you are a tool.

I feel I've 'met' a bigoted halfwith after reading your post

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Abused child maid awarded Bt4.6 million in damages July 1, 2014 4:47 pm

A Kampaeng Phet Court has awarded more than Bt4.6million in compensation to a Karen housemaid who was tortured and illtreated by Thai employers, the Human Rights and Development Foundation (HRDF) said Tuesday.
Kampaeng Phet Court on Monday read the ruling in the civil suit filed by Mo Wateng, custodian of the housemaid who was identified only as Air against hyer former employers Natee Taengon and Rattanakorn Piyaworatham.
The Court ordered the two defendants to collectively award the plaintiff Bt4,603,233 for damages including Bt303,233 incurred in medical expenses at Bangkok's Ramathibodi Hospital, Bt800,000 for future medical treatment, Bt1 million damages for disability to work of at least 50 years, and Bt700,000 for a loss of ability to reproduce.
However, the exact amount to be received by the damaged parties is dependent on further actions to acquire assets belonging to the employers.
ctd here http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Abused-child-maid-awarded-Bt4-6-million-in-damages-30237511.html

• Like 1

I think the members of ThaiVisa can help Air.

Members of ThaiVisa are disgusted by the attitude and actions of Thai authorities towards Air and their impotence in helping her.

Thais and non Thais in general cannot change the situation on a large scale, but at a lower scale we can make a change for certain individuals.

Air will always be physically and mentally scarred but we can help her with her mental scarring and give her hope for the future.

How can we give her hope? I think we can give her hope by giving her security in the future and the knowledge that people care for her.

Air is probably one of tens of thousands in this situation in Thailand but we can make a start from this known situation.

My proposal is, can a fund be set up through ThaiVisa.

2000 members x 1000 baht is enough for a modest house and education in Kamphaeng Phet and a start for the future.

ps. My personal interest in this story is, that my girlfriend is a Burmese refugee who at the age of 8, witnessed her mother,father and sister murdered by the Burmese junta and also abused by a Thai couple and not having any security or friends until the good hearts of a Thai village took care of her at the age of 39.

ps. Her mental wellbeing has improved with goodness of the Thai village she now lives in.

thank you.

There was a fund set up for donations to Nong Air last year, the details of how to donate (Bank Account no etc) were given in Thairath last August.

As of August of last year, 'donations from the Justice Institute and members of the public totalled 613,439 Baht'.

Edited by katana

Abused child maid awarded Bt4.6 million in damages July 1, 2014 4:47 pm

A Kampaeng Phet Court has awarded more than Bt4.6million in compensation to a Karen housemaid who was tortured and illtreated by Thai employers, the Human Rights and Development Foundation (HRDF) said Tuesday.

Kampaeng Phet Court on Monday read the ruling in the civil suit filed by Mo Wateng, custodian of the housemaid who was identified only as Air against hyer former employers Natee Taengon and Rattanakorn Piyaworatham.

The Court ordered the two defendants to collectively award the plaintiff Bt4,603,233 for damages including Bt303,233 incurred in medical expenses at Bangkok's Ramathibodi Hospital, Bt800,000 for future medical treatment, Bt1 million damages for disability to work of at least 50 years, and Bt700,000 for a loss of ability to reproduce.

However, the exact amount to be received by the damaged parties is dependent on further actions to acquire assets belonging to the employers.

ctd here http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Abused-child-maid-awarded-Bt4-6-million-in-damages-30237511.html

I had not realised that the two accused had returned to Thailand.

I hope that they are sent to jail for a minimum 25 years with no amnesty and any appeals refused.

Katana:

"...The Court ordered the two defendants to collectively award the plaintiff Bt4,603,233 for damages..."

Hi Bild,

Unfortunately this was done in the couple's absence since they're still on the run. There's an updated thread here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/739104-abused-karen-child-maid-awarded-bt46-million-in-damages-kampaeng-phet/