Police Bust Russian Gang On Samui

webfact

Police bust Russian gang on Samui
The Nation

SAMUI: -- Police have broken down a Russian mafia gang on Samui Island which recently kidnapped two foreign bar owners for a ransom of Bt1million.

One of the victims, Albert Slotr, has managed to secretly send a message for help via LINE programme telling his relatives exactly where he and his friend were detained.

The rescue operation took place on Monday night.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-02-26

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Came through Poipet last week and noticed a lot or Russians coming through dressed as backpackers. They didn't have that look that backpackers have, shorts too neat and tidy, spotless T shirts and shoes that looked quite expensive and most definately well out of their twenties. Didn't look right in my eyes anyway.

• Like 2

Got to love the headlines !!!

1. One managed to send a message via line program, did not realize kidnapped people were kept somewhere with wi fi Internet

2. $30 000 for 2 people??? They must of been hardcore gang- 5555 :D

Edited by lemoncake

Can you explain the russian visa thing? Do they have easier way to get visa and stay longtime?

Khman which is in Penang now for visa issues... smile.png

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but, I believe their holidays are subsidised in some way, so they arrive on a cheap package holiday, forget to fly back and start doing visa runs, 15 or 30 days while getting some kind of under the radar business going.

Just Sayin'

• Like 1

Can you explain the russian visa thing? Do they have easier way to get visa and stay longtime?

Khman which is in Penang now for visa issues... smile.png

according to one of the moderators on this board, Poor Sucker, they allowed 30 days visa exempt by air and land. Other than that I do believe long stay visas are the same requirements that the rest of us need to meet. Somehow I doubt people on long stay visas are out kidnapping bar owners. But of course I could be proven wrong. I have been wrong once in a while before...
  • Like 1

...and all this has to do with "Police bust Russian gang on Samui - how? saai.gif

I've been wondering that very same thing for about a page or more now!

Sorry fellas - I rose to the bait a bit. Apologies. Out of it now.

R

Edited by robsamui