They Did Not Give Me A Non-Immigrant B Multiple Entry

I have got a small business in Bangkok and I do not have any Thai staff working for me. I have got a workpermit for a couple of years and they always gave a me a non immigrant B multipe entry in Holland without any problem, but last December they told me that they do not give a non immigrant B multipe entry visa anymore, been to Thai consulate in Amsterdam and the Thai embassy in The Hague, same story. They only gave me a single entry Non Immigrant B visa. In 5 weeks time I have to renew this visa again and someone me that I have to fly to Kualu Lumpur to apply for a Non Immigrant B single entry again. This week I will get 4 Thai staff on paper, if I have 4 staff working for me longer than 3 months I can apply for a Non Immigrant B multipe entry at the immigration office in Bangkok if I am correct.

- is this true? or is their an easier way?

- what is the best Thai embassy to apply for a non immigrant B, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Manilla, Phrom Penh? Is it possible in my case to apply for a non immigrant B multiple entry abroad?

- what are the costs? where can I find which papers I need

I am so surprised that they did not give me a multiple entry in Holland and now a bit nervous what to do and if I will get a non immigrant B multiple entry in Asia.

KL Malaysia might issue you a multiple entry visa with a work permit valid for at least 8 months and a stack of company documents. Documents required here: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-

For an extension at immigration you will need to show at least a year of tax papers and audit. See 2.1 and annex B of Thai Police Order 777/2551 .

Edited by ubonjoe

putting aside the no 4 staff and WP

Why do you need new non b every year? you should be getting an extension of stay based on business and wp.

Alternatively, you get single entry non b and then get an extension of stay for 1 year based on business.

The police order has a requirement for the 4 Thai employees in order to get the extension plus a minimum salary of 50K baht for most western countries.

Yes but he already has WP, which means his lawyer has put on 4 employees and declared the minimum salary

I can't apply for an ED or O visa, I am not married with a Thai and on an ED visa you can't work. When I applied for the work permit I had four staff and when they gave me the work permit they took them off the paper to save costs, not sure if that is legal but I could keep my work permit.

What is the best place to apply for Non immigrant B? Kualu Lumpur, Singapore, Prhom Penh?

We had the same experience at the Thai consulate in Amsterdam last December 2012. I even spoke with the consul in person, and he explained that in Amsterdam (and at the embassy in the Hague it is the same story) they do not issue multiple entry Non-B visas anymore if you don't have a work permit. We had the same problem, all company papers in order, but no work permit (yet). This seems to be new regulations, probably (my guess) due to the new government in Thailand.

Edited by thuisinthailand

I still do not understand why people are getting new Non B when have business. Why do not you just get extensions for 1 year every year?!

Sure, possibly some hands need to be "oiled" but its sure cheaper than flying back home and going through all the headaches.

I had a non B single entry, which then was extended to 1 year, and since then i just get 1 year extensions. No need to leave every 3 months, just a quick trip down to immigration to report and that is all

What is the best place to apply for Non immigrant B? Kualu Lumpur, Singapore, Prhom Penh?

The general rule in the region is that they will only issue a single entry nowadays and wants you to extend at immigrations in Thailand.

Up until December you could have gotten one in Kuala Lumpur, but not more.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/605601-no-more-non-b-multiple-visas-from-kuala-lumpur/

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

Some Immigrations offices.

17. Picture of all the company's employees at work

18. Picture of all company's employees in front of the office with clear name of the company showing

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

If I have had a registered Thai Ltd. Co., since 2005, all the tax payments, financial statements including audits that show consistent revenue and profits, list of all shareholders, 4 Thai employees, I am paid minimum salary, etc., can I get a multiple entry B visa? The last one I got was in Nov. 2012 in Hong Kong and have been able to get multiple entry B in Hong Kong for the last 6 years.

maxman71, from your information I gather that you would need to apply for a new multiple-entry non-B visa in February 2014. It is difficult to say what the situation will be in 11 months from now but at present the Thai consulates seem to under pressure from MFA to be very restrictive in issuing this visa, prompting them to give only a single-entry non B.

I don't know what you mean with the "minimum salary" your are getting paid. If it is the minimum as per Annex A of Thai Police Order 777/2551 I wonder why you do not apply for one-year extensions of stay at your local immigration office, since you seem to meet all other criteria for this type of extension. Obviously, you will have to pay tax on your income, after the usual deductions, but have you ever compared the amount of this tax with your expenses for a foreign trip to get a visa and the four border runs?

I still do not understand why people are getting new Non B when have business. Why do not you just get extensions for 1 year every year?!

Sure, possibly some hands need to be "oiled" but its sure cheaper than flying back home and going through all the headaches.

I had a non B single entry, which then was extended to 1 year, and since then i just get 1 year extensions. No need to leave every 3 months, just a quick trip down to immigration to report and that is all

Some peoples situations are different, I own my own LTD I cancelled my WP last year. I don't work at the office and got tired of paying the 6,000 baht monthly tax on just having it. Also the oil that you are referring to cost me another 14K a year for renewal. I go back home every year so I can just renew it there and do the boarder runs or take a leisure trip when time comes.

I have got 4 staff for less than 4 months so they will not give me a Non Immigrant B in Bangkok. My plan is a single entry Non Immigrant B abroad and then try to apply for a non immigrant B multiple entry in Bangkok.

So which embassy abroad is the best to visit?

Some peoples situations are different, I own my own LTD I cancelled my WP last year. I don't work at the office and got tired of paying the 6,000 baht monthly tax on just having it. Also the oil that you are referring to cost me another 14K a year for renewal. I go back home every year so I can just renew it there and do the boarder runs or take a leisure trip when time comes.

You should be able to get an extension even without WP, but as you said, if you want holiday. though you did bring up the money.

Now count the airfares and everything else, and you might find its cheaper to get an extension than to fly home

"When I applied for the work permit I had four staff and when they gave me the work permit they took them off the paper to save costs, not sure if that is legal but I could keep my work permit."

vs

"I do have 5 real staff"

That's the difference.

It sounds like the OP has a sham company he used to get a visa/work permit. I could be wrong, but he hasn't posted anything that would lead me to believe otherwise.

Terry

"When I applied for the work permit I had four staff and when they gave me the work permit they took them off the paper to save costs, not sure if that is legal but I could keep my work permit."

vs

"I do have 5 real staff"

That's the difference.

It sounds like the OP has a sham company he used to get a visa/work permit. I could be wrong, but he hasn't posted anything that would lead me to believe otherwise.

Terry

Having sham or real company i do not think will make consulate issue a multiple entry.

They may have changed this regulation, so if someone is coming for business, they really only need a single entry, and then get an extension.

Extensions of stay are for work - not for business meetings - and work permits are a requirement to extend. People travelling for business reasons will not have a problem getting a multi entry visa in there home countries in most cases - it is the people working in Thailand that this limitation to single entry applies for the reason they are allowed to extend at immigration.

vs

"I do have 5 real staff"

That's the difference.

Terry

Having sham or real company i do not think will make consulate issue a multiple entry.

They may have changed this regulation, so if someone is coming for business, they really only need a single entry, and then get an extension.

If your work for a new/recently formed company then it will not be able to produce the required 2 years of audited accounts/tax returns.

This creates a class of employees who are solely ineligible on that basis for a National Police Order 777/2551 Case 2.1 One Year Extension based on Employment within the Kingdom of Thailand.

It appears that some SE Asia Consular Facilities are now granting One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visas to this particular class of employees who can present all the other usual papers plus Current Work Permits.

Edited by digitalchromakey

vs

"I do have 5 real staff"

That's the difference.

Terry

If your work for a new/recently formed company then it will not be able to produce the required 2 years of audited accounts/tax returns.

This creates a class of employees who are solely ineligible on that basis for a National Police Order 777/2551 Case 2.1 One Year Extension based on Employment within the Kingdom of Thailand.

It appears that some SE Asia Consular Facilities are now granting One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visas to this particular class of employees who can present all the other usual papers plus Current Work Permits.

There is a front door and there is a back door, either one you enter, lands you in the same place.

After all this is Thailand, a small "donation" to your lawyer or accountant or visa company and you get what you need, without the hassle of flying out and stressing

putting aside the no 4 staff and WP

Why do you need new non b every year? you should be getting an extension of stay based on business and wp.

Alternatively, you get single entry non b and then get an extension of stay for 1 year based on business.

----------------

Exactly.

The norm is becoming a 90 day non B visa on entry and then you are expected to EXTEND that now for up to a year in Thailand with the proper documentation.

That's what the immigration wants unless you can justify the need for a multi entry.

That requires you to do 90 day reporting, and also provides more direct control by your local immigration in Thailand.

Unless you can verify the need for a multi entry non B visa, the single entry with extension is what the immigration likes nowadays.

I pay now for one week 4 employees their social security fund. Also on paper I pay tax over 50.000 baht. Can I apply for a Non Immigrant B at the immigration or staff has to work more than 3 months for the company to be able to apply at the immigration in Bangkok?

Immigration doesn't issue non-B visa's only extensions of stay.

With a new company you do not qualify for an extension of say, as you will need tax documents over the past year. The option in that case is to get a multiplee entry non-B visa if you have a work permit, in Malaysia.

I pay now for one week 4 employees their social security fund. Also on paper I pay tax over 50.000 baht. Can I apply for a Non Immigrant B at the immigration or staff has to work more than 3 months for the company to be able to apply at the immigration in Bangkok?

As already posted you cannot apply for a non immigrant B visa at Thai Immigration; but you can apply for an Extension of Permission to Stay based on Employment in the Kingdom of Thailand (National Police Order 777/2511 Case 2.1).

As you had a Work Permit with the same company last year, then for this class of extension you would need to show last year's PND 91 (ภ.ง.ด.91) Personal Income Tax Return showing tax paid on 600,000 THB (50,000 pcm) along with many other papers.

Also, for example, Immigration in my area would want to see the last three months of both Company Tax Returns/Receipts (PND 1 - ภ.ง.ด.1) and Social Security Returns/Receipts (SPS 1-10 - ศ.ป.ศ.1-10) all showing your 4x employees.

For your reference a pdf file with the full list of required documents for my area (Phuket) is posted below.