Ant Bites On My Junk - Again

candypants

If the towel wasn't brown, perhaps you'd see them first?

I'm still stinging from a troop of ants that crawled across my bed a few moths ago. A couple of them got lost in the folds of the sheets and apparently liked the brush "down there". With the perpetual Bangkok sweat their campfire is still burning on occasion -even months later.

Edited by impulse

I have experienced the female equivalent while working out in the garden. More than once.. And also once a bite directly into the eye. So I know whereof you speak.

When I was bit in the eye my vision blurred and there I was trying to consult medical texts to see if there was any risk of long term damage except I couldn't read them because my vision was so blurred...and my eye in excrutiating pain. (For anyone unlucky enough to encounter this: the blurred vision will resolve fully, and you should get eye drops containing a steroid to hasten the process).

Their bites contain formic acid.

I have experienced the female equivalent while working out in the garden. More than once.. And also once a bite directly into the eye. So I know whereof you speak.

When I was bit in the eye my vision blurred and there I was trying to consult medical texts to see if there was any risk of long term damage except I couldn't read them because my vision was so blurred...and my eye in excrutiating pain. (For anyone unlucky enough to encounter this: the blurred vision will resolve fully, and you should get eye drops containing a steroid to hasten the process).

Ok, so the vision will resolve fully, but what about his junk? will it ever work again?giggle.gif

Ok, so the vision will resolve fully, but what about his junk? will it ever work again?giggle.gif

Maybe, when the swelling goes down.ohmy.png

• Like 2

I don't get a problem with my towels up here in Isaan but ants are a problem sometimes. I guess living in a rural area that's always going to be the case but if anyone has any ideas on how to at least cut them down I would be grateful. I do remember finding white marks that looked like chalk around the legs of the kitchen table which I was told was to stop the ants getting onto the table and it seemed to work. I will try to find out what it was but I expect there will be translation problems.

I have never had ants chewing the crown jewels but before I came to Thailand I didn't know there was two types of body powder the soft and gentle babies bum powder and a red hot powder for elsewhere so far I have only been caught twice.

Pesky little critters,Here's some helpful natural tips to help keep the buggers at bay.

Well in my post #17 I mentioned something chalk like that we had round our table legs and after checking it was chalk. This seems to be backed up by your link.

Thanks

Yeah, biting ants on the towels (and inside T-shirts) that you pull from the drawer or drying rack. I've had it happen 2-3 times. Not a fun experience. My solution? Dance around and yell for awhile until the pain subsides. Then make a note: "shake everything before applying to naked body." Works for me.

• Like 1

I don't get a problem with my towels up here in Isaan but ants are a problem sometimes. I guess living in a rural area that's always going to be the case but if anyone has any ideas on how to at least cut them down I would be grateful. I do remember finding white marks that looked like chalk around the legs of the kitchen table which I was told was to stop the ants getting onto the table and it seemed to work. I will try to find out what it was but I expect there will be translation problems.

It is a poison chalk.

Ask for "Chawk gumjut malaeng sahp mot"

It means "Chalk eliminates cockroaches and ants"

In Thai it is ชอล์คกำจัดแมลงสาบมด You could maybe copy this to show the shopkeeper, most small shops and markets have it. 5 Baht for 1, sometimes 3 for 10 Baht

(Hopefully the mods will allow Thai script to stay as it may be useful for people to copy)

Maybe, when the swelling goes down.ohmy.png

Swelling could be a good thing, for the other half that is. :P

Hmm ...maybe theres a marketable formula to be had out of this mishap...

BTW Your comment heading reminds me of the "Don't touch my junk" incident in USA NOV 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEJC-FuOSZ4

<deleted>! I cannot believe he could face a $10,000 fine for just saying that..! He didnt threaten with physical violence, AND he was compliant the whole way through, but rightly didnt like the idea of his "junk" being felt up so voiced that. Even if by law they can touch him on private areas, the reaction to merely a statement is extreme imo. I would be upset too if some stranger had permission to feel me up..!

Edited by eek

Only a problem for potless TEFLers living in a dive,try cleaning your grubby little room once in a while!

sorry not a dive, an older but newly renovated detached 3 bedroom on lower sukhumvit in bangkok, as for cleanliness, a maid/nanny comes 5 days per week.

even my house on koh phangan gets ants and that is about 5 years old. those of you who wonder how ants are possible, have most certainly not spent much time in the kingdom.

As for being potless or a tefler, not a teflr, and i have plenty of pot, thanks

It is a poison chalk.

Ask for "Chawk gumjut malaeng sahp mot"

It means "Chalk eliminates cockroaches and ants"

In Thai it is ชอล์คกำจัดแมลงสาบมด You could maybe copy this to show the shopkeeper, most small shops and markets have it. 5 Baht for 1, sometimes 3 for 10 Baht

(Hopefully the mods will allow Thai script to stay as it may be useful for people to copy)

Just shown this to gf who has just used some round our window and she says that what you've written is what she's used so it may be helpful for others.The lovely mods seem to have smiled on you but thanks for the pm anyway.