Where To Go In Case Of Medical Emergency In Bangkok?

yeti

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Bumrungrad are a bunch of theives!

I went with the gf to the hospital 3 months ago, so she could get some treatment. And my Thai isnt good, but im sure the doctor asked who was paying, which was obviously me.

PRICE: 2'200 baht.

A few days ago she toddles off for exactly the same treatment, but this time alone.

PRICE: 745 baht.

:D

Bangkok International isnt any better either, I remember getting charged a "midwifery fee" which was written on the bill when I went to get my eyes checked after one of them got infected during songkran festitivtys last year. Theres a few too many pounds round the old waistline, but theres no fvckin way I look like im pregnant :o

Edited by Joey Boy

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Bumrungrad are a bunch of theives!

I went with the gf to the hospital 3 months ago, so she could get some treatment. And my Thai isnt good, but im sure the doctor asked who was paying, which was obviously me.

PRICE: 2'200 baht.

A few days ago she toddles off for exactly the same treatment, but this time alone.

PRICE: 745 baht.

:D

Bangkok International isnt any better either, I remember getting charged a "midwifery fee" which was written on the bill when I went to get my eyes checked after one of them got infected during songkran festitivtys last year. Theres a few too many pounds round the old waistline, but theres no fvckin way I look like im pregnant :o

It is very necessary to carefully check your bill at Bumrungrad and to question any item you are not sure of. I have found errors many, many times there -- always in their favor (i.e. charge for tests or treatments not done). Also, I once had surgery there and was quated a fee, on discharge they tried to charge more. I actually had the paper in hand which they had given me just a few days prior with the lower fee; they said the fee had " increased" (in the space of 2 days?). I argued and won, paid what I should have. But definitely, check those bills!