Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Great performance wrong result. Wish the lads had of given that type of performance ealry on in the season.

Cant fault 110% effort aginst a very good counter attacking team with two fantastic forwards.

Well done Fulham by the way.

League - Well if there is still a mathematical possibilty of fourth spot of course and pride lets do it! - we need to two big performces to see out the season.

I think we can win both games based on current form.

YNWA

nah, thought we looked absolutely knackered after an hour. sign of the thin squad. absolutely gutted by that, drunk in a chiang mai bar at 5am and thoroughly pissed off with the entire season and state of the club.

All this talk of Liverpool playing to lose implies they are capable of playing for a win. If Chelsea play half as well as they did against Stoke, Liverpool won't have any say in the matter, besides perhaps the scale of the drumming they get served.

if chelsea keep it tight for 60 against us they'll pick us off in the last half hour. a point is the best we're getting out of this i think, they're flying again.

no guarantee that united without rooney will win at sunderland anyway.

Rooney should be fit for Sunday,Ferguson said today and Ferdinand is a possible ,just need you boys to cut the mustard?

no reason to expect that we should given our season. though our recent home form has been good.

pretty poor reflection of united's season as well that they need a crap liverpool side to do them a favour to help them to the title.

Yes i agree,i have stated on a few occasions here that the standard of the premier league this year has not been as good as previous years.

Not a reflection on the season really Stevie,just the luck of the draw with the fixtures.

And i would't go as far to say you are crap!! ask me again come Sunday :)

united can look back at losing away to burnley as the day they lost the title then. :)

i expect us to try our hardest against chelsea. whether that will count for much when we're on the back of a morale-sapping knockout after extra time, we'll see.

Rooney should be fit for Sunday,Ferguson said today and Ferdinand is a possible ,just need you boys to cut the mustard?

no reason to expect that we should given our season. though our recent home form has been good.

pretty poor reflection of united's season as well that they need a crap liverpool side to do them a favour to help them to the title.

Yeah if i'm honest i would have to say that Chelsea are most deserving of the title this season as things stand. Still, there hasn't been much in it and if we win our last two games (big "if") and Chelsea slip, everything changes.

Don't really know why i'm telling you all this - i'm sure you guys aren't in the least but interested. :)

I'll be running along to the Man United thread....

Yeah if i'm honest i would have to say that Chelsea are most deserving of the title this season as things stand. Still, there hasn't been much in it and if we win our last two games (big "if") and Chelsea slip, everything changes.

Don't really know why i'm telling you all this - i'm sure you guys aren't in the least but interested. :)

I'll be running along to the Man United thread....

i don't mind discussing it mate, i've been apathetic about our season since rafa got lied to last summer. sunday is our last home match so the players will be doing the traditional lap of 'honour'. reckon the ground might be a bit empty by the time they do.

i don't mind discussing it mate, i've been apathetic about our season since rafa got lied to last summer. sunday is our last home match so the players will be doing the traditional lap of 'honour'. reckon the ground might be a bit empty by the time they do.

Whilst i confess to getting a degree of pleasure from seeing your team lose mate (tomorrow evening aside), i get no pleasure whatsoever from seeing the current debacle unfolding there and wish for the sake of you and other friends who support Liverpool that things get back on an even keel pretty sharpish. Massive restructuring, starting right at the top, seems extremely urgent - but then why am i telling you that?

Now seeing as i've just wished you well, how about returning my gesture of good-will tomorrow evening? :)

our lad has sent the team through, united fans are not going to like this.

Reina

Degen Ayala Kyrgiakos Johnson

Maxi Lucas Aquilani El Zhar

Pacheco

Ngog

gerrard probably on the bench but not certain, carragher, kuyt and mascherano not in the squad.

Reina

Pacheco

Ngog

gerrard probably on the bench but not certain, carragher, kuyt and mascherano not in the squad.

At least it gives you an excuse for losing. Maybe the fans will be happy enough without a win....bit like the scammers in that regard. :)

Reina

Pacheco

Ngog

At least it gives you an excuse for losing. Maybe the fans will be happy enough without a win....bit like the scammers in that regard. :)

well, while on this subject, from today's observer:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/ma...-done-world-cup

Fergie: integrity

2010: Alex Ferguson warns Liverpool not to discredit themselves or the league by fielding a weakened side against Chelsea. "Great clubs don't throw their history and traditions away for one game."

2007: Fergie fields weakened side against West Ham, relegating Sheffield United: "We did our best. I don't think anyone can criticise us for that."

Reina

Pacheco

Ngog

Is Raja giving the finger to SAF before he sets off to Juve?

Reina

Pacheco

Ngog

Mate i haven't closely examined the table - am i right in saying that if Spurs and City draw when they play against each other mid-week, and then both lose their final games, Liverpool could still finish fourth by winning their last two games?

If that is the case, long shot though it might be, is it not a little sad to not even bother fighting? I mean how will people feel if that scenario does come true with regards City and Spurs, knowing that Liverpool could have been fourth had they actually tried to win?

I appreciate that obviously i've got my own agenda in all this, i just wonder how i would feel were it my team. I can honestly say i don't think i'd be happy. I'd want my team to be concentrating on its own affairs, and letting the chips fall as they do for the other teams.

Edited by rixalex

Reina

Pacheco

Ngog

well, while on this subject, from today's observer:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/ma...-done-world-cup

Fergie: integrity

2010: Alex Ferguson warns Liverpool not to discredit themselves or the league by fielding a weakened side against Chelsea. "Great clubs don't throw their history and traditions away for one game."

2007: Fergie fields weakened side against West Ham, relegating Sheffield United: "We did our best. I don't think anyone can criticise us for that."

& for the record Stevie, this is the same Man that called us a " disgrace " for putting in an " obscene amount of effort " that we did when we beat them late in 1992 which cost them the Championship when Leeds won it..

We were already relegated.

Reina

Pacheco

Ngog

Mate i haven't closely examined the table - am i right in saying that if Spurs and City draw when they play against each other mid-week, and then both lose their final games, Liverpool could still finish fourth by winning their last two games?

If that is the case, long shot though it might be, is it not a little sad to not even bother fighting? I mean how will people feel if that scenario does come true with regards City and Spurs, knowing that Liverpool could have been fourth had they actually tried to win?

I appreciate that obviously i've got my own agenda in all this, i just wonder how i would feel were it my team. I can honestly say i don't think i'd be happy. I'd want my team to be concentrating on its own affairs, and letting the chips fall as they do for the other teams.

heh, was only messing mate, just wanted to see what the reaction might be on here. actual team is:

Reina, Mascherano, Agger, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Gerrard, Lucas, Aquilani, Maxi, Benayoun, Kuyt

and you're quite right, we'd need spurs and city to draw and then lose their last ones while we win both remaining games. so we can still mathematically finish fourth. so we'll be going for it alright, don't you worry about that. just hope you lot lose at the mackems.

i'd rather we finish fourth and united win the league this season. this obsession with us having more league titles than them has to stop, they've been better than us for 20 years now. liverpool fans need to get past that and move on. much as it will hurt, even if united don't overtake us this season it'll still happen soon. we've far larger issues to sort out.

i'd rather we finish fourth and united win the league this season. this obsession with us having more league titles than them has to stop, they've been better than us for 20 years now. liverpool fans need to get past that and move on. much as it will hurt, even if united don't overtake us this season it'll still happen soon. we've far larger issues to sort out.

Agree with all that and whilst I am no fan of Liverpool I thought they were unlucky to be 0 - 1 at half time. At times, probably some of the best football I have seen them play this season.

Agree with all that and whilst I am no fan of Liverpool I thought they were unlucky to be 0 - 1 at half time. At times, probably some of the best football I have seen them play this season.

I don't think I was watching the same game as you Chaimai. :)

Lacklustre is one word that springs to mind to sum up Liverpools performance. They just didn't seem bothered. :D

^ were you watching the same game as me mate?

Liverpool were awful, Chelsea did not have a good day, on another they would have murdered them.

I really feel for pool fans....where is the money coming from to fund next year?

They can't expect a better finish than this with the current squad.

All the Premiership needs a strong Liverpool...I hope there is a way. Did you see Tores....talk about "wish I wasn't here"...will they be able to keep him now there is no prospect of proper European football next year?

Lacklustre is one word that springs to mind to sum up Liverpools performance. They just didn't seem bothered. :D

Sorry Mr B - I really thought some of the passing was sharp. The other times I have watched them this season they must have been really cr4p !

Edited by Chaimai

Sorry Mr B - I really thought some of the passing was sharp.

I must have gone to make a brew for that pass :D

Liverpool weren't bad at all for the first half hour. One mistake from Gerrard and they fell to bits after that. Second half was an embarrassment. Five new players Benitez wants? Well if they have the cash get at least seven. Dismal.

No totally disagree with that assessment ! shockingly bad performance and the lads looked very tired after a couple of grueling Euro games in recent weeks.

Again a patched up defense with key injuries never had a consistent same back four all season. Absolutely no width down the left (problem all season) no commitment in tackles or pace about our passing or movement ahead of the ball.

It was just a case of waiting to see if Chelsea also wanted to turn up today. Thought they also looked awful to be honest until the second half. And it needed Gerrard to gift them the goal.

Never seen Carra actually walk off injured and not play on unitl the sub was ready!

And that was my opinion even with my rose tinted specs on :)

What an absolutely disgusting display by Liverpool today. It's not important how much they lost by, or whether they lost so as not to let the title go to Man United or not, the disgusting aspect was to produce such a poor performance in front of long loyal supporters, who don't really care who is the next Manager, who's only love is for Liverpool.

A really great shame, and whilst there can be disappointment for other teams for any number of reasons, none will compare with the shame of Liverpool's performance today, and on the basis of his performance, Gerrard should never be picked for England again. I would liken his performance to that of the snooker player, Higgins. So how much did you get for that back pass to Drogba Stevie?????

Edited by pagallim

Bob Paisley would be disturbed to say the least. There is no longer any core element of Liverpool that care about the reputation and future of the club. "Porque es el problem con Liverpool?" No problem, as long as you're Spanish, and don't trust Scousers (or even English) to do a job for you.