Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Liverpool legend Bruce Grobbelaar has told talkSPORT he believes the club are on the verge of signing a new striker.

With Luis Suarez banned until mid-February, Andy Carroll out-of-form and Dirk Kuyt without a goal since May, the Reds have struggled to score, culminating in a 0-0 draw with Stoke.

But the goalkeeper, who won a European cup and six league titles with the club, understands a new forward will be arriving at Anfield shortly.

“There are two strikers [Liverpool are interested in],” said Grobbelaar. “I know that [Kenny Dalglish] is looking at a South American striker who is playing in Holland and I know that he’s quite close in getting another striker.

“I’m not going to be the one to actually tell you who, but I’m sure that the striker will be arriving soon.”

Twitter has gone mad with David Texeira (20) being reported that a deal has been done, since the Grobbelaar comments.

Anyway Young Uruguayan with an eye for goal, currently plays for Groningen?

Should make Suarez happy anyways.

Only 20, one for the future perhaps. Ranked 66 in FIFA 12 (Coates is 72).

Liverpool FC announce 2nd biggest kit deal in world football.

Yes getting 25m a year to simply make your kit is pretty incredible.

I find it funny how it is reported in the 'Mirror Sport'.

Headline 'Addidas ditch Liverpool for failing them on the pitch' !!!!!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-ditched-by-Adidas-who-felt-teams-performances-were-not-giving-value-for-money-article855129.html

It's gotta be a good thing for the look of the kit. Those 3 stripes are soooooo outdated. Don't know what Warriors brand logo is though. Hope it's not 4 stripes !!

At least it will be a more individual kit. All Addidas do is change the colour of a strip and change the badge.

Yes getting 25m a year to simply make your kit is pretty incredible.

I find it funny how it is reported in the 'Mirror Sport'.

Headline 'Addidas ditch Liverpool for failing them on the pitch' !!!!!

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle855129.html

This deal has been on the cards for ages. We all knew it was a possibility months back. Warrior are owned by New Balance and have worked with the Fenway group before for their teams. I'm very happy with this, the only problem being supplying all the shops around the world. I dare say they have looked into the logistics of this though

Will the merchandise include shell suits and other such Liverpudlian garments? biggrin.png

What it will mean joking aside is is LFC will have complete control of all merchandise now, which Addidas currently controls.

Allowing us to go global with merchandise, stores etc - potential of 300 m Pounds revenue

• Like 1

Will the merchandise include shell suits and other such Liverpudlian garments? biggrin.png

What it will mean joking aside is is LFC will have complete control of all merchandise now, which Addidas currently controls.

Allowing us to go global with merchandise, stores etc - potential of 300 m Pounds revenue

I really don't understand what you are saying Dev?

United have been contractual with Nike for quite a few years now and since i think around 2003 have opened many shops around the world.

Are you saying Liverpool could not open there own shops under there previous contract with Adidas?

In that case some of the decisions/deals that the lawyers have signed up for beggars belief.

I really don't understand what you are saying Dev?

United have been contractual with Nike for quite a few years now and since i think around 2003 have opened many shops around the world.

Are you saying Liverpool could not open there own shops under there previous contract with Adidas?

In that case some of the decisions/deals that the lawyers have signed up for beggars belief.

Yeah certain restrictions have been in place.... agreed the club has been badly run commercially or certain aspects for years.

Not 100% sure on all the ins n outs on the exact agreement we had in place but picking up on few interviews of Ian Ayre the 'MD' he was basically saying - He believed Liverpool could double the 150 m deal amount as they will have full control over non-branded merchandise such as clothes from their fashion range, other.

Basically at the moment adidas has the rights to sell the club’s products abroad leaving LFC a percentage of those sales. Then there has been a restriction on opening up club stores with certain markets.

Last year we got the £80million four-year shirt sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered, so it's looks to finally being all put in to place - lets see.

The Stadium is the next one !

Edited by Devil

I admit I was confused when Devil said that now Liverpool controlled their merchandising. But having now read a short article in the Telegraph it is fairly clear where he is coming from.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9026371/Liverpool-hope-to-double-their-money-by-turning-their-record-breaking-new-kit-deal-into-300-million-bonanza.html

"A possibility Liverpool will explore, which was never considered lucrative as part of the Adidas contract, is the opening of club megastores in the Far East."

By who? Adidas or Liverpool? They have been travelling to Asia playing pre-season games for years!

Massive money in Asia for Liverpool,

Painful stuff. Glad I didnt stay up to watch it.

I dont think it is entirely surprising. It is hard to have high expectations of a Liverpool team stripped of both Lucas and Suarez.

I would expect them to go out and try hard though, wouldn't you?

• Like 1

I dont think it is entirely surprising. It is hard to have high expectations of a Liverpool team stripped of both Lucas and Suarez.

You didn't stay up? What kind of supporter worries more about having an early night on a Saturday than watching their team play?

• Like 1

You didn't stay up? What kind of supporter worries more about having an early night on a Saturday than watching their team play?

To be fair i stayed up to watch it but only lasted till the 66th minute i think it was! It really wasn't pretty. They couldn't be bothered. I really wouldn't have been happy were i a travelling liverpool fan. Charlie Adam is aweful.

To be fair i stayed up to watch it but only lasted till the 66th minute i think it was! It really wasn't pretty. They couldn't be bothered. I really wouldn't have been happy were i a travelling liverpool fan. Charlie Adam is aweful.

Full of last season's one hit wonders. Liverpool fans must be gutted.

Hear what you are saying carmine, but when it is your own team playing, does how well they play have a bearing on whether you watch or not?

Hear what you are saying carmine, but when it is your own team playing, does how well they play have a bearing on whether you watch or not?

Oh don't get me wrong, i totally agree. Just making the point because it wasn't pretty.

Their focus was clearly on the second leg against City, and whilst i applaud what Dalglish said, should he not be the one making sure their focus and efforts are on the "next" game?

Stay up? it was only midnight <deleted>.......staying up means 2.45am kick-offs.

I would like to see Fulham close the gap clap2.gif Dalglish is not the answer that is plain to see from his comments as the manager yesterday after the defeat.

Stay up? it was only midnight <deleted>.......staying up means 2.45am kick-offs.

Yeah a mid-week game at 3am i could understand, but midnight on a Saturday?! Not having a go Abrak - your choice to watch your team play or not - i just can't get my head around how someone can spend as much time as you do here discussing all the ins and out of Liverpool FC, and then tuck yourself up in bed rather than watch them play.

clap2.gif Dalglish is not the answer that is plain to see from his comments as the manager yesterday after the defeat.

You may be right, but one thing i do know is, the loyalty and head in the sand mentality that we saw regarding most Liverpool fans' attitude to Rafa, will be nothing compared to KK. He could take them down and they would still not have a bad word to say about the man. Can't say he hasn't earnt that loyalty though, so don't blame the fans for feeling that way, but all i'm saying is, don't expect any sort of rational debate with Liverpool fans on the subject of their current manager.