Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Looks like Spearing to Bolton for 3 million quid and apparently we've secured Afellay on loan, Milan in for Carroll loan deal.

I'm on twitter feed like a crack addict here every hour crazy.gif

Carroll loan rumour could spark Newcastle action, African Nation's Cup this year, both main strikers will be out.

Info coming out of KopWatch, pretty reliable so far.

Nothing but rumors on twitter! Remember "twitter" kept saying we'd signed Gaston Ramirez which has been nonsense all summer. It was the previous regime that wanted him, not Rodgers.

Spearing may go to Bolton, yeah. I think Affelay will not come as I read it was him as first choice and when he said he didn't want to come, we went for our second choice which was Assaidi. I don't think Carroll will go to Milan, either, and they have denied it. Could still see him going to Newcastle or possibly even West Ham but I know he really wants to stay.

Appears a few clubs are interested in Adam and if he and/or Spearing go, or both, we will probably try to get Dempsey on the last day. Also, if Carroll truly does go we may bid for Walcott, though it appears he's come to sort of agreement to not sign a new contract but to not leave Arsenal until at least January, either.

Of course, all are rumors until proven otherwise.

Lucas out for at least two months, now. What a blow. But at least we have Sahin now in and Allen, of course. Will give Henderson more of a chance to get in some games, now, too. I wonder if we'll only let one of Adam or Spearing to leave in order to have a backup for each first choice midfielder (since we play with 3, now) while Lucas is out.

I'm not saying twitter is perfectly reliable but that also depends on who you follow, I mostly follow journalists from Liverpool Echo, The Times and football sites that make money from sourcing football information. Everything is a rumour until there's an official statement from the club. Keeps things interesting hearing different stuff until something finally happens. You'll notice many publications and the likes of SKY Sports reporting exclusives which have already been revealed by sources on Twitter.

I don't think there would be any need to keep either of them, particularly Adam as he doesn't play a holding midfield role anyway.

Edited by BangrakBob

I'm not as concerned about Lucas this season as I was last.

I think Allen was great on Sunday, and would like to continue to see Shelvey in Midfield (I like that he can be physical, play good balls and attack the box) Stirling was a joy and should continue to play (though not every week). I don't know what to say about Gerrard, he ain't on the ball (excuse the pun) and I expect Borinin to support Suarez a lot more (as I thought Gerrard would too)

The City game was a good one, even if City weren't at their best. Hopefully we can build on it against arsenal. It's great that we also have Sahin to come in and hopefully another signing to look forward to

I'm not as concerned about Lucas this season as I was last.

I think Allen was great on Sunday, and would like to continue to see Shelvey in Midfield (I like that he can be physical, play good balls and attack the box) Stirling was a joy and should continue to play (though not every week). I don't know what to say about Gerrard, he ain't on the ball (excuse the pun) and I expect Borinin to support Suarez a lot more (as I thought Gerrard would too)

The City game was a good one, even if City weren't at their best. Hopefully we can build on it against arsenal. It's great that we also have Sahin to come in and hopefully another signing to look forward to

he's a massive loss again but at least this time we have allen to step in rather than spearing, as you say. curious as to what the midfield three will be against the arse on sunday - allen and gerrard + one - depends on sahin's fitness i guess. otherwise i'd probably continue with shelvey in there.

I asked this question before Stevie who would he replace when all three are fit? now Shelvey is involved also so good news for you on the competition front,i think Borini is the one to be worried. Sahin could play off the frontman could he? in place of Borini on the wing.

I thought Shelvey was very good against Cidy.

Edited by MrRed

I asked this question before Stevie who would he replace when all three are fit? now Shelvey is involved also so good news for you on the competition front,i think Borini is the one to be worried. Sahin could play off the frontman could he? in place of Borini on the wing.

I thought Shelvey was very good against Cidy.

sahin's not an attacker no, he's a centre mid ball-player. think that if/when all are fit you'd see gerrard go into the front three. lucas - allen - sahin with suarez - gerrard - borini up top. for the moment though gerrard's probably going to have to play as the furthest forward of the midfield three.

I think Borini needs to get some pies down his neck and get him in the gym, he needs to bulk up a bit.

he's about 12 years old. he'll bulk out yet. notwithstanding that he'd lose a bit of the pace and dynamism if that happened.

I think Borini needs to get some pies down his neck and get him in the gym, he needs to bulk up a bit.

he's about 12 years old. he'll bulk out yet. notwithstanding that he'd lose a bit of the pace and dynamism if that happened.

biggrin.png yeah still a growing boy

Again another loan deal...........seems like Rodgers has no plans to really strengthen the team this season.........I hope Andy Carroll going to the hammers doesnt come back to haunt LFC. Im really confused as to where Rodgers sees goals coming from this season etc............and what happens if Suarrez gets injured or banned or something ......is BOrini his backup?

Rodgers treatment of Carroll in my opinion has been disgraceful and a real lack of respect shown too. Rodgers seems very one dimensional...........he only seems to have "his system" and cant seem to adapt it at all. LFC right now do not have the players to play like Barcelona.......or even close to it.............his signings have been very average.......former Swansea players ?????? I think he still thinks hes in the championship or something.

There start to the season has not been good. Last night another near embarrassment. LFC were nearly better not being in European Competition....as they dont ave the squad to rest players etc............but at least ROdgers can use that as an excuse when things don't pan out for him. I genuinely dont believe Rodgers is the answer to our problems.

My bet is Carroll to outlast ROdgers at LFC...........

Just announced on espn done deal to west ham. say he has a bad/poor season at west ham Wow you could well be looking to write of what 30 mil plus wages WOOOOOOOOW

I think he will have a huge season. 20 goals+

He is a big Sam type of player. He will get the service he needs.

Just announced on espn done deal to west ham. say he has a bad/poor season at west ham Wow you could well be looking to write of what 30 mil plus wages WOOOOOOOOW

If he manages that, i guess he won't have any problems, but i do wonder just right now, how Hammers fans are feeling, bearing in mind a couple of weeks ago Carroll made it very clear that he didn't fancy the club. I did think at the time it was a bit of a daft thing to say. Beggars can't be choosers and all that...

Again another loan deal...........seems like Rodgers has no plans to really strengthen the team this season.........I hope Andy Carroll going to the hammers doesnt come back to haunt LFC. Im really confused as to where Rodgers sees goals coming from this season etc............and what happens if Suarrez gets injured or banned or something ......is BOrini his backup?

Rodgers treatment of Carroll in my opinion has been disgraceful and a real lack of respect shown too. Rodgers seems very one dimensional...........he only seems to have "his system" and cant seem to adapt it at all. LFC right now do not have the players to play like Barcelona.......or even close to it.............his signings have been very average.......former Swansea players ?????? I think he still thinks hes in the championship or something.

There start to the season has not been good. Last night another near embarrassment. LFC were nearly better not being in European Competition....as they dont ave the squad to rest players etc............but at least ROdgers can use that as an excuse when things don't pan out for him. I genuinely dont believe Rodgers is the answer to our problems.

I agree, his 35m tag notwithstanding, he's a good player, even as an impact sub.

I think this bit of business will come back to haunt Rodgers in the entirely likely event of a Suarez ban. I reckon there was something personal to it, because as a football decision it doesn't make a lot of sense.

If he manages that, i guess he won't have any problems, but i do wonder just right now, how Hammers fans are feeling, bearing in mind a couple of weeks ago Carroll made it very clear that he didn't fancy the club. I did think at the time it was a bit of a daft thing to say. Beggars can't be choosers and all that...

Again, did he really say that or was it just papers?

I think if he had the choice he would have chosen to go back to Newcastle. But his best mate and mucker (Nolan) is at West Ham, so I think he will settle quickly

I think if he had the choice he would have chosen to go back to Newcastle. But his best mate and mucker (Nolan) is at West Ham, so I think he will settle quickly

Problem is that "settling in london" for Andy might not be good for his career Not sure he has the self control

Well, when West Ham expressed an interest a couple of weeks ago, it was reported that he wasn't very keen and his preference was a return to Newcastle. Not sure why something like that would have been invented or made up. If it was, with the possibility of having to play for them, he should have come out and denied it.

Yeah could well be easier to settle in london than being under the micro scope of life in liverpool.

So i suppose the order of Liverpool is as rodgers indicates getting value for money on the pitch, carroll being a far 2 expensive cover striker, and telling an England winger he may have to drop to ful bac to get game's another, not really suited to rodgers style of play, i was watching v hearts last night and i could almost feel Rodgers cringing at some of the shocking passing and poor ball retention, rodgers has defo got his work cut out to turn it around into the type of unit he wants, what does he have to do, bearing in mind he seems to prefer passing to momentum , Gerrard, great when he push' s the pace on, but playing the way rodgers like's hMMMM well somehow cant see him being as effective,being 32 expensive and injury prone, bet rodger is thinking i could get 2/3 decent players in for what gerrards earning, same goes for downing shelvey's the same more or less about momentum, It seemed pretty obvious to me that there are going to be some BIG turn around at Liverpool in the next 12 mths,

Oh and here's one for you, name out field player, still playing in the prem who's currently scored the most most goals against liverpool?

Yeah could well be easier to settle in london than being under the micro scope of life in liverpool.

So i suppose the order of Liverpool is as rodgers indicates getting value for money on the pitch, carroll being a far 2 expensive cover striker, and telling an England winger he may have to drop to ful bac to get game's another, not really suited to rodgers style of play, i was watching v hearts last night and i could almost feel Rodgers cringing at some of the shocking passing and poor ball retention, rodgers has defo got his work cut out to turn it around into the type of unit he wants, what does he have to do, bearing in mind he seems to prefer passing to momentum , Gerrard, great when he push' s the pace on, but playing the way rodgers like's hMMMM well somehow cant see him being as effective,being 32 expensive and injury prone, bet rodger is thinking i could get 2/3 decent players in for what gerrards earning, same goes for downing shelvey's the same more or less about momentum, It seemed pretty obvious to me that there are going to be some BIG turn around at Liverpool in the next 12 mths,

Oh and here's one for you, name out field player, still playing in the prem who's currently scored the most most goals against liverpool?

Gobsh!te Carragher

• Like 1

Gobsh!te Carragher

Correct LOL !!!

Richard Dunne is pretty good at scoring against his own side as well biggrin.png

Yeah,I was thinkin the same perhaps when rodgers gets rid of carragher, as he surely will, he'll look to Dunne as a natural replacement!! LOL.

How can you say his signings have been average when half of them haven't played yet?

"former Swansea players???" 1 being Joe Allen, considering he has walked into a new club he has played pretty well from the get go.

I don't get how supporters shoot down a manager after a month in charge and 2 league matches while transfers and all sorts of movement and unsettlement is going on. Rodgers walked into a wreckage of over-paid under achievers and is trying to transform that as best he can with what he has been given.

In fairness though I agree with you regarding the treatment of Carroll it was not well done. At the same time he wants to move players out and bring in what he can with whatever budget he has been given and he is doing whatever it takes to make this happen.

i truly despise players of football who get paid enough as it is, burning money not even in our first squad when they could be playing first team football elsewhere. Although at the end of the day, that is not their problem it is the club's problem.

Still 14 hours till the door closes yet, we'll see another striker come in