Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Nice warm-up for tomorrow. He's right of course, that cheating scumbag ruined the game last season when he got Rodwell wrongly sent off.

http://www.dailymail...avid-Moyes.html

hahaha. you don't think he rather undermined his entire stance with the absurd andy johnson comments at the end? moyes is a clown.

??? What Johnson comment?

And Moyes is a clown like King Kenny was an idiot. (Cue pram, toys and swear words)

??? What Johnson comment?

And Moyes is a clown like King Kenny was an idiot. (Cue pram, toys and swear words)

him slaughtering suarez for being a supposed diver and then saying that andy johnson wasn't. it's idiocy.

and as for 'turning people away from football', hyperbolic garbage from a petty manager who is aware of his shit-awful derby record. absurd wage, astronomical ticket prices during a recession, racism, violence - these are things which 'turn people away from football'. not play-acting that the rest of the football world seems to consider as just a part of the game. the english holier-than-thou stance on it is baffling.

No worries if your head is so far up your ****!!

Suarez is the same as Nani a diving ****!

keep the googgles on

I think you mis-understood stevie's original post Red. Stevie was pointing out that Moyes was slaughtering Suarez for supposedley diving but saying Andy Johnson wasn't.

Edited by mrbojangles
Removed bad language

To be fair to Suarez it is modern football, look at the video i posted on the Manchester United thread and see George Best riding tackle after tackle and going on and scoring one really bad attempt at a tackle by chopper Harris the stand out of which 90% of modern day players would have hit the deck, but not Best stays on his feet and calmly slots home.

keep the googgles on

Let's be clear here.. Suarez and Nani are both divers.. but Nani is a ****.

Edited by mrbojangles
Removed bad language
  • Like 1

keep the googgles on

Let's be clear here.. Suarez and Nani are both divers.. but Nani is a ****.

And so is Suarez, in fact he is not just a **** but a cheating spiteful and will do anything to try and wind up other players <deleted>, but he is a very good player.

Edited by mrbojangles
Removed bad language

I think you mis-understood stevie's original post Red. Stevie was pointing out that Moyes was slaughtering Suarez for supposedley diving but saying Andy Johnson wasn't.

thanks for explaining that for the thick kids at the back boj.

And so is Suarez, in fact he is not just a **** but a cheating spiteful and will do anything to try and wind up other players ****, but he is a very good player.

but there's this english obsession with diving, and it seemingly making players 'lesser' players as a result. the rest of the world, south america, spain, italy, france, portugal etc, all seem to just accept it as part of the game. players cheat. whether it's claiming a throw when they know dam_n well the ball came off them, pushing a freekick forward three yards, feigning injury, fouling in general - they're all 'cheating'. why is diving considered that much worse? and why do english fans and commentators seem so concerned to point out that by damning diving as the worst evil in the game they are somehow 'better' than others around the world?

all of this is notwithstanding that suarez is a horrible little ******* to play against - until the stoke game recently i would have maintained that he's not at all a diver, but what he did against stoke was embarrassing. and incredibly poorly-timed. i do though think that he tries to stay on his feet a lot, but is just totally fed up of not getting decisions when he is genuinely fouled thanks to a witch-hunt that was started against him by ferguson 18 months ago. he's far from the worst in the division for it yet is being damned as the satan of the game. it's <deleted>, frankly.

Edited by mrbojangles
Removed bad language
  • Like 1

I ask again - where does Moyes refer to Johnson in that piece?

And so is Suarez, in fact he is not just a <deleted> but a cheating spiteful and will do anything to try and wind up other players <deleted>, but he is a very good player.

but there's this english obsession with diving, and it seemingly making players 'lesser' players as a result. the rest of the world, south america, spain, italy, france, portugal etc, all seem to just accept it as part of the game. players cheat. whether it's claiming a throw when they know dam_n well the ball came off them, pushing a freekick forward three yards, feigning injury, fouling in general - they're all 'cheating'. why is diving considered that much worse? and why do english fans and commentators seem so concerned to point out that by damning diving as the worst evil in the game they are somehow 'better' than others around the world?

all of this is notwithstanding that suarez is a horrible little ******* to play against - until the stoke game recently i would have maintained that he's not at all a diver, but what he did against stoke was embarrassing. and incredibly poorly-timed. i do though think that he tries to stay on his feet a lot, but is just totally fed up of not getting decisions when he is genuinely fouled thanks to a witch-hunt that was started against him by ferguson 18 months ago. he's far from the worst in the division for it yet is being damned as the satan of the game. it's <deleted>, frankly.

Liverpool Conspiracy Theories are making the club and its supporters a laughing stock - Fergie started it all off did he? And that Moysey, how dare he....

If Slippery Suarez was a Man U player, can you imagine the chorus of criticism about his antics from Liverpool fans? Now the Liverpool Way seems to be all about making lame excuses and blaming everybody else. I love it...

• Like 2

I think you are right. The English do get more riled by diving than other sorts of cheating. Why? Well perhaps one reason is that when it is done in the box, it can easily end up in that bit of cheating being what decides the outcome of the game. When it is other sorts of cheating, it may gain an advantage that ultimately may lead to a pivotal moment, but nothing like as directly as the awarding of a penalty.

And when the diving is done outside of the box, it is often done not only for the awarding of the resulting free kick, but for the likely booking and possible sending off of opponent. Tricking the ref into sending off a player from the opposition, is like imaginary card waving, but ten times worse, and who doesn't hate that?

Perhaps it is also to do with a perception we have about masculinity and what it is to be a "proper" man. "Proper" men stay on their feet, whilst wussies fall over butter cups. Who wants a team full of wussies? More importantly, who wants the ignominy of being beaten by wussies?

Anyway, whatever the reasons for why the English tend to frown so much on this type of cheating, i really don't care. I'm proud that we still place some importance on sportsmanship, and will be sad if we ever adopt the mentality of other nations in seeing cheating as being a worthy skill.

until the stoke game recently i would have maintained that he's not at all a diver, but what he did against stoke was embarrassing. and incredibly poorly-timed.

Sorry mate but the fact that you have only just recognised his diving skills, when everyone outside of the club has been aware of them for well over a year, shows how deeply your head has obstinately been in the sand on this one. Perhaps it is because you feel defensive for the lad because of other matters and that is what has blinded you.

i do though think that he tries to stay on his feet a lot, but is just totally fed up of not getting decisions when he is genuinely fouled thanks to a witch-hunt that was started against him by ferguson 18 months ago. he's far from the worst in the division for it yet is being damned as the satan of the game. it's <deleted>, frankly.

Playing the victim card only makes the situation worse. Best thing for Liverpool and Suarez would be simply him playing the next half dozen games without going down easily. The fixation on him and his cheating would disappear, and decisions would start going his way. For the last year or so Liverpool have tried to pretend he doesn't dive and to put their own pressure on the refs by bemoaning the fact that decisions never go his way. It hasn't worked. Time for a rethink. It will mean having the courage to question the golden boy of the team though, and i'm not sure anyone at the club dare do this for fear of upsetting the lad.. or having their ear bitten off.

• Like 1

I ask again - where does Moyes refer to Johnson in that piece?

come on sharecropper, i know you can read: "The Everton manager was embroiled in similar controversy after signing Andrew Johnson but denies there is a comparison between the now QPR striker and Suárez. "Andy often got clipped because he got to the ball really quickly," he said."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/26/everton-david-moyes-liverpool-luis-suarez

I think you are right. The English do get more riled by diving than other sorts of cheating. Why? Well perhaps one reason is that when it is done in the box, it can easily end up in that bit of cheating being what decides the outcome of the game. When it is other sorts of cheating, it may gain an advantage that ultimately may lead to a pivotal moment, but nothing like as directly as the awarding of a penalty.

all types of foul can decide the outcome of a game though. a handball that a player gets away with can, a professional foul stopping a player from breaking away on goal to score a winner - they're all forms of cheating. they're all about getting one over on your opponents and the referee. everything is cheating. they're just gradations thereof.

so as for seeing cheating as a worthy skill, apparently you consider some forms of cheating to be a worthy skill but not others. so why the hypocrisy over diving? it's every bit as much cheating as fouling, handballing, kicking the crap out of an opponent on a rotation basis to share the bookings around. but booting the shit out of players is what real men cheats do and not what wussie cheats do.

this old chestnut just keeps going round and round, a vinegar dipped conker smile.png

Just admit it lads, "****" "scumbag" "cheat" if he was a **** player you really would not bother that much. We know this diving issue you cling on to so much is just a detraction to feed your denial that Suarez is an unbelievably talented footballer. Let it go, move on, he is going nowhere besides coming to terrorise a defense near you very soon. tongue.png

Edited by mrbojangles
Removed bad language

not in love with the team news. jones in nets still, reina on the bench. if he's fit enough to be on the bench etc. johnson out injured, enrique starts. not good. suso starts, midfield is allen, gerrard, sahin. fellaini starts for them wooden ground knobbers.

Reina is only on the bench because Gulacsi is injured as well.

What a come down from the ex golden glove winner, what has happened to his form? brad jones can't even get in the Australian team.

Reina is only on the bench because Gulacsi is injured as well.

What a come down from the ex golden glove winner, what has happened to his form? brad jones can't even get in the Australian team.

He is injured, just not as badly as Gulacsi, that's why he didn't start. Only other keepers are kids (Doni is in Brazil).