Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I also didn't like the comments on here about ferguson using the media well to his advantage because his disgraceful unsporting abusive conduct is a perfect example of how not to behave.

Come on you can not be serious, SAF only tells the truth, ok it hurts sometimes. biggrin.png

BT

Oh i agree and i love the FA cup. But i'm just talking in reference to Liverpool who have very little experienced backup to the eleven players they field week in week out

we're low on leadership, savvy and experience. price you pay for targeting young, potential players. isn't that long ago we could pick a side containing hyypia, carragher, arbeloa, alonso, mascherano, gerrard, kuyt, torres. . . .every one of them some kind of on-pitch leader or captain. we've now basically got gerrard and the occasional carragher. i think that's our biggest problem at the moment. we're not particularly mentally strong and it makes us easy to beat.

...unless you are up against a team that has the very same problem, which you will be on Wednesday night!

Oh I sooo hope you are right. if we beat these then I will forget about Oldham and start thinking about a result against City. Anything against them and we will be the best team in the league again. Creeping up the table etc. This year I am happy not to have consistency, as long as we are not consistently bad

Rodgers was a surprise appointment and he wouldnt of been my choice at that time... but I have liked a lot of what I have seen from him so far.

He looks really good at getting the best out of under performing players (Enrique,Henderson, Shelvey,Downing) And so far had been very good with our younger players ( recent comments aside) and has to get some credit for players like Suarez and Gerrard who both made some adjustments to their game and look better for it in the interest of the team balance.

The press seem to take to him, he has nice way about him... I agree he can bullshit a bit and go on but then thats just him and he is interesting to listen too when talking about tactics and his phylosophy - hes promosing in that respect and with more experience he will get better.

Yes he has made a few mistakes but I guess they are to be expected so early on managing a big club. Give him the next transfer window and another season, I am sure we will be looking more consistent and a stronger team.

Edited by Devil
  • Like 2

Oh I sooo hope you are right. if we beat these then I will forget about Oldham and start thinking about a result against City. Anything against them and we will be the best team in the league again. Creeping up the table etc. This year I am happy not to have consistency, as long as we are not consistently bad

Most of my Liverpudlian friends over here are seriously in two minds as to whether they want to get any points from us next week. tongue.png

Most of my Liverpudlian friends over here are seriously in two minds as to whether they want to get any points from us next week. tongue.png

Do you often visit the jails then?

• Like 1

Rodgers was a surprise appointment and he wouldnt of been my choice at that time... but I have liked a lot of what I have seen from him so far.

He looks really good at getting the best out of under performing players (Enrique,Henderson, Shelvey,Downing) And so far had been very good with our younger players ( recent comments aside) and has to get some credit for players like Suarez and Gerrard who both made some adjustments to their game and look better for it in the interest of the team balance.

The press seem to take to him, he has nice way about him... I agree he can bullshit a bit and go on but then thats just him and he is interesting to listen too when talking about tactics and his phylosophy - hes promosing in that respect and with more experience he will get better.

Yes he has made a few mistakes but I guess they are to be expected so early on managing a big club. Give him the next transfer window and another season, I am sure we will be looking more consistent and a stronger team.

I haven't seen all you games recently Dev but from what i've seen of Henderson he's a revelation rather than an under performer.

Downing is a standout example to youngsters of wasted talent. All gob, no graft. Can't comment about the others although Shelvey might be a little burnt out?

/snipped. expletive removed/

Edited by mrbojangles
Language
  • Like 2

What is wrong nelly? another scouser losing there famous sense of humour? wink.png

• Like 1

I haven't seen all you games recently Dev but from what i've seen of Henderson he's a revelation rather than an under performer.

At the start of the season he picked up where he left off....but as Dev said and you have seen in the second quarter of the season he has become consistently better and made a positive impact on matches

Edited by BangrakBob

It really is a dilemma.... on one hand ABU.....on the other is the table position I'm not supposed to speak of......would you rather suck it up and get back in the big league or miss out and it remains 19. I don't think i cheered as much all season last season as i did in the last minute of it....went proper mencal

What is wrong nelly? another scouser losing there famous sense of humour? wink.png

Once again you are assuming, I'm not a Scouser, I'm a Liverpool fan. It's amazing how you spout nonsense without knowing the facts...this is why your posts carry no weight, finish your prawn sandwich and pick up your book on sarcasm and snide comments. You seem to think that Stereo typical rundowns are funny, they are not. That's probably why there are no lasting manc comedians...apart from old red noise of course

Edited by mrbojangles
Language

Ouch!

Another English teacher in Thailand,missed out on Risley then? Happy that you have some United fan mates.wai2.gif

Edited by mrbojangles
Language

Anyway, back to football! I think Rodgers is doing a decent job with the squad available. I don't understand the press negativity.

Rather than highlighting the Oldham game you should take in the bigger picture. Thin squad, no real experience, no real investment from the owners, yet only a handful of points off the top four.

All Rodgers needs to do is do what he does best. Coach his players. It would also help to keep his trap shut and steer clear of the pig ignorant media which he already seems to have taken on board. If a club invests in a young manager then theres going to be naivity, and tactical, selection mistakes along the way but if they are any good they will learn. This is why i'm so in favour of AVB. The potentials there as it is with Rodgers.

• Like 1

Anyway, back to football! I think Rodgers is doing a decent job with the squad available. I don't understand the press negativity.

Rather than highlighting the Oldham game you should take in the bigger picture. Thin squad, no real experience, no real investment from the owners, yet only a handful of points off the top four.

All Rodgers needs to do is do what he does best. Coach his players. It would also help to keep his trap shut and steer clear of the pig ignorant media which he already seems to have taken on board. If a club invests in a young manager then theres going to be naivity, and tactical, selection mistakes along the way but if they are any good they will learn. This is why i'm so in favour of AVB. The potentials there as it is with Rodgers.

yeah i'm not too despondent or anything, i think we are making some positive steps and we're definitely playing better attacking football than we did last season. biggest thing brendan needs to sort out now is patience - if we do go in front in a match, or get back to 1-1, we don't need to go hell for leather trying to score again and win the match. keep the ball, rest in possession and try to boss the match. don't panic. remember what you did well at swansea and pass teams into submission.

if coutinho clicks and settles quickly we could be in for a really exciting time between now and may. him, suarez and sturridge attacking teams could be brilliant to watch. he's going to be on the bench against city apparently.

Once again you are assuming, I'm not a Scouser, I'm a Liverpool fan. It's amazing how you spout nonsense without knowing the facts...this is why your posts carry no weight, finish your prawn sandwich and pick up your book on sarcasm and snide comments. You seem to think that Stereo typical rundowns are funny, they are not. That's probably why there are no lasting manc comedians...apart from old red noise of course

Sorry nelly my post was a little harsh and wrongly timed....i understand it is not funny being a Liverpool fan at the moment,but hey ho at least your not a scouser!

• Like 1

Ouch!

Another English teacher in Thailand,missed out on Risley then? Happy that you have some United fan mates.wai2.gif

I see this has been snipped for being an expletive. All an expletive is, is an interjection (a word that has no syntactical effect, and so means I said nothing) . Does this mean we can not use words like Oi! or What!. if it was deleted for bad language then I can understand. When I use this word it can be construed as being insulting, though usually it means no more than saying you are an idiot. I'm sure that Mr Ed can take this as he has a manc sense of humour. Also since when is it OK for Us to be wound up but nobody else? Gotta go now as I verging on whining like a manc or making excuses....like a mancbiggrin.png I have put the obligatory smiley as this so obviously means I'm joking wink.png

• Like 1

Until we read the results this morning blink.png

Ouch!

I see this has been snipped for being an expletive. All an expletive is, is an interjection (a word that has no syntactical effect, and so means I said nothing) . Does this mean we can not use words like Oi! or What!. if it was deleted for bad language then I can understand. When I use this word it can be construed as being insulting, though usually it means no more than saying you are an idiot. I'm sure that Mr Ed can take this as he has a manc sense of humour. Also since when is it OK for Us to be wound up but nobody else? Gotta go now as I verging on whining like a manc or making excuses....like a mancbiggrin.png I have put the obligatory smiley as this so obviously means I'm joking wink.png

I didn't see it before and I'm trying to be nice and not actually state in detail why I edited your post. We all like banter and I allow as much as I possibly can but I cannot allow words like that to stay. You know this, so why are you trying to provoke the situation.

As for the being wound up. Construct a proper response to Red and it will stay. Or can you only retort using that one word. wink.png Ditto smiley, so you get my drift.

Until we read the results this morning blink.png

yep. We let us all down sad.png

Ouch!

So are you saying you think Mr "Ed's" a knob?

Ouch!

So are you saying you think Mr "Ed's" a knob?

Not at all he was showing his feminine side and calling me a T**T .....but they are useful aren't they! smile.png I like the term pussy it is much softer and less demeaning almost cuddly tongue.png

• Like 1

Ouch!

I didn't see it before and I'm trying to be nice and not actually state in detail why I edited your post. We all like banter and I allow as much as I possibly can but I cannot allow words like that to stay. You know this, so why are you trying to provoke the situation.

As for the being wound up. Construct a proper response to Red and it will stay. Or can you only retort using that one word. wink.png Ditto smiley, so you get my drift.

I too enjoy a bit of banter but I don't like it when the statements become too personal. I believe that implying that all people from Liverpool have been to prison to be bigoted and inflammatory (whether meant or not ) and should also not be allowed. If you go on any clubs forum you will see post after post of vitriol aimed at one club or another. You cannot possibly tell whether somebody is having a laugh or typing with a bitter scowl on their face. This is why you cannot tell that I am using T*** with a rueful shake of my head rather than typing with poison seeping from my finger. In my opinion smilies give people cart blanch to say what they want with the excuse of a smile or a wink that may or not be their.

This is why I do not like comments of a personal nature on these forums. If you read my posts you will not see me slagging off another club or it's fans, I like to keep to the point i.e. Liverpool football club. Surely if you want to debate the pros and cons of society as a whole, and give your impressions of people judging by their place of birth then somewhere like the BNP forum (if they have one) would be more suitable Banter yes, personal or community insults no

I too enjoy a bit of banter but I don't like it when the statements become too personal. I believe that implying that all people from Liverpool have been to prison to be bigoted and inflammatory (whether meant or not ) and should also not be allowed. If you go on any clubs forum you will see post after post of vitriol aimed at one club or another. You cannot possibly tell whether somebody is having a laugh or typing with a bitter scowl on their face. This is why you cannot tell that I am using T*** with a rueful shake of my head rather than typing with poison seeping from my finger. In my opinion smilies give people cart blanch to say what they want with the excuse of a smile or a wink that may or not be their.

This is why I do not like comments of a personal nature on these forums. If you read my posts you will not see me slagging off another club or it's fans, I like to keep to the point i.e. Liverpool football club. Surely if you want to debate the pros and cons of society as a whole, and give your impressions of people judging by their place of birth then somewhere like the BNP forum (if they have one) would be more suitable Banter yes, personal or community insults no

I apologies if i upset or offended you with my remarks.Off to the temple now for communion wai2.gif

Edited by MrRed

Not at all he was showing his feminine side and calling me a T**T .....but they are useful aren't they! smile.png I like the term pussy it is much softer and less demeaning almost cuddly tongue.png

Warm and cuddly surely. Couldn't T**T be used the same as bump (which I don't understand), after all it means to smack across the head as in twatted. Semantics mate...it's only semantics

I apologies if i upset or offended you with my remarks.Off to the temple now for communion wai2.gif

No problem mate. It's probably the time of the month (waiting for money). While at the temple put a prayer in for red nose. He's in front of the FA again, Oh wait a minute, he obviously doesn't need that prayer.wink.png (smilies are now a must in my posts, where are the shake of the head ones)

You cannot possibly tell whether somebody is having a laugh or typing with a bitter scowl on their face. This is why you cannot tell that I am using T*** with a rueful shake of my head rather than typing with poison seeping from my finger.

It doesn't matter what face you are pulling. The word itself cannot be used on here. Now can we draw a line under it (the debate and not the word, that is) and move on. wai.gif

You cannot possibly tell whether somebody is having a laugh or typing with a bitter scowl on their face. This is why you cannot tell that I am using T*** with a rueful shake of my head rather than typing with poison seeping from my finger.

It doesn't matter what face you are pulling. The word itself cannot be used on here. Now can we draw a line under it (the debate and not the word, that is) and move on. wai.gif

OK line drawn. Though I am still a little confused as to the use of T**T, <deleted> C**T etc. I'm not taking the P**S it's a genuine questioncrazy.gif (No idea why this emoticon, I just thought it looked crazy)