Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

that was some strike by gerrard, jim. the ball was actually behind him when he hit it and he knew exactly where the goalkeeper was. top, top class.

Agreed - Surely Gerrard is the best "open-play" striker of the ball in the current game. I suspect that "Portugese Winker" may be a better dead ball striker but the times "our man" hits the net from impossible positions and distances is quite extraordinary.

And to re-take a penalty in that atmosphere without batting an eyelid! Wow.

a mate pointed out to me how much gerrard's goalscoring has improved since rafa benitez took over and changed his game. gerrard's career goals vs games is as follows:

98/99: 12 games (0 goals)

99/00: 31 (1)

00/01: 50 (10)

01/02: 30 (4)

02/03: 55 (7)

03/04: 47 (7)

04/05: 56 (13)

05/06: 52 (22)

06/07: 55 (14)

07/08: 49 (20)

about the striking of the ball, yeah, i think gerrard undoubtedly is the best hitter of a loose ball around. . . .rooney's similar though not as consistent, fabregas is pretty good too. think deco's probably about the best dead ball hitter around at the minute.

a mate pointed out to me how much gerrard's goalscoring has improved since rafa benitez took over and changed his game. gerrard's career goals vs games is as follows:

about the striking of the ball, yeah, i think gerrard undoubtedly is the best hitter of a loose ball around. . . .rooney's similar though not as consistent, fabregas is pretty good too. think deco's probably about the best dead ball hitter around at the minute.

Nice stats Stevie. Interesting that you note SG's performance has improved under Rafa. I would be more inclined to think that is has to do with SG maturing as a player more than Rafa. Best Dead Ball hitter is CR.

Nice stats Stevie. Interesting that you note SG's performance has improved under Rafa. I would be more inclined to think that is has to do with SG maturing as a player more than Rafa. Best Dead Ball hitter is CR.

i think the maturity's part of it james, but that goes hand in hand with rafa giving him a more defined role and specific responsibilities within the setup. under ged houllier gerrard tried to do everything and be everywhere so lacked discipline. rafa's told him to concentrate on what he does best, which is threatening the opponents' goal either by himself or in setting others up. rafa's just got more out of the players that houllier signed than ged ever could. gerrard, carragher, hyypia, finnan, they all improved markedly.

i'd be interested to see some stats on ronaldo's dead ball hitting, because for every dipping miracle hit like the one against portsmouth i seem to remember about twenty scuffs into the wall or missiles into the stretford end. :o

i think the maturity's part of it james, but that goes hand in hand with rafa giving him a more defined role and specific responsibilities within the setup. under ged houllier gerrard tried to do everything and be everywhere so lacked discipline. rafa's told him to concentrate on what he does best, which is threatening the opponents' goal either by himself or in setting others up. rafa's just got more out of the players that houllier signed than ged ever could. gerrard, carragher, hyypia, finnan, they all improved markedly.

i'd be interested to see some stats on ronaldo's dead ball hitting, because for every dipping miracle hit like the one against portsmouth i seem to remember about twenty scuffs into the wall or missiles into the stretford end. :o

hmmm ok stevie. but as you know it only appears that way because of the sheer number of opportunities we generated last year. Anyways, don't dwell on your win too long because typical of LP is that they win the big games then lose against watford or someone :D

hmmm ok stevie. but as you know it only appears that way because of the sheer number of opportunities we generated last year. Anyways, don't dwell on your win too long because typical of LP is that they win the big games then lose against watford or someone :o

or stoke, for example. :D

hoping that we might be a bit beyond that now, we really seem to be playing with some belief this season. it's been years since i can remember us going behind in games like the mancs, marseille and middlesborough and then just confidently turning the match around to win.

mascherano needs a rest this weekend, as does kuyt, so i'd like to see us line up 4-4-2 with babel and riera at wide mid, gerrard and xabi in the middle and keane and torres up top. if we have the right attitude against stoke we could give them a real spanking.

hmmm ok stevie. but as you know it only appears that way because of the sheer number of opportunities we generated last year. Anyways, don't dwell on your win too long because typical of LP is that they win the big games then lose against watford or someone :o

or stoke, for example. :D

hoping that we might be a bit beyond that now, we really seem to be playing with some belief this season. it's been years since i can remember us going behind in games like the mancs, marseille and middlesborough and then just confidently turning the match around to win.

mascherano needs a rest this weekend, as does kuyt, so i'd like to see us line up 4-4-2 with babel and riera at wide mid, gerrard and xabi in the middle and keane and torres up top. if we have the right attitude against stoke we could give them a real spanking.

As long as you beat chelsea twice and tie arsenal twice this year, play whomever you want Stevie. I need a rest after last night!

Check out Philipp Degen's homepage that he shares with his twin brother, David (who plays for BSC Young Boys in Switzerland). The photos are quite hilarious. Check out the "fotos" section and see the ones of them in the boat together. Oh, my, they certainly look like pretty boys. If I was his teammate I'd be making fun of him for that, as long as he could understand. My goodness, it's a good laugh. The sexy photo shoot looks like something their mother would put them up to doing. Have a look. :D:P:burp::(:D :D

They're just so dreamy. :P:D :D :o

As for Ronaldo's dead ball hitting, I'd have to say he is the best. Nobody is going to connect truly on them every time, but do you think anyone in the Premier League scored more dead ball goals than him last season? I can't think of anyone who'd come close. I talked with a friend and last season he claimed he looked it up and found Ronaldo's average to be better than Pirlo's on scoring goals from free kicks (and any other well known dead ball hitter), and was saying nobody realizes Ronaldo is the best at this now.

Edited by Jimjim

the badge kisser? funny how you mancs welcomed him back to castle greyskull as a hero, but were singing sings about ste gerrard and his nearly move to chelsea only 5 days before!

no rest for the obsessed eh?

the badge kisser? funny how you mancs welcomed him back to castle greyskull as a hero, but were singing sings about ste gerrard and his nearly move to chelsea only 5 days before!

no rest for the obsessed eh?

hehe. i noticed that. fickle bastards they are.

^&%^$%#$@)(*&^!@#$%^&*()(*&^%!@#$%^&*###!!!!!!!!%$#(&^$%!^!!#@!

Best chance was the goal that should have stood. If you want to blame the referee, it should be 1-0. Blame the players it should be at least 3-0. AAAAAAH!! So frustrated.

Difficult to break down a team who arrived and unashamedly had no intention of making a game of it, and were on damage limitation from kick-off.

Having said that the frailty off our game was well exposed - 25-30 yard shots or "lump it up" and see who gets on it!

All graft and no craft - that's our problem. Misfiring in all departments.

Frustrating :o

it's not the first time though, we know smaller teams will come to anfield and set up like that yet we still try the same old <deleted>. gerrard pissed me off yesterday, when he plays centre mid in a four he seems to think that he's playmaker, general, dynamo and trequartista all rolled into one so ends up dropping far too deep and taking the ball off carragher's toes. he needs to get his arse up into the final third and be the dynamic lad bursting into the opponents' area and creating chances.

I doubt Rafa has the savvy to win the EPL.

Controversial I know, but we've endured 3 years of "tinkering" which got us nowhere: 12 months of "bickering" and the enevitable breakdown in moral, and here we are in the year "it's all gonna happen" with 2 pathetic draws and 2 very lucky wins. All this is weighed up against one good game against Manure and that's it.

At this rate our season will be shot and done by November as in all the previous years.

4th place scenario looming :o

Good god you threw away a good chance of becoming serious contenders for the title there?? Maybe you still are who knows but Liverpool showed a lack of creativity in overcoming Stokes tactics of placing everyman behing the ball.. It was the same thing again and again, taking potshots from 20-30 yards and often going way wide and there was no change whatsoever after the break?

Saying that though all credit to Stoke as that should of been an easy 3 points in the bag for the scousers.. What more is there to say other than yep unlucky as Gerrard's goal should of stood.. ohwell!

Edited by enyaw

it's not the first time though, we know smaller teams will come to anfield and set up like that yet we still try the same old <deleted>. gerrard pissed me off yesterday, when he plays centre mid in a four he seems to think that he's playmaker, general, dynamo and trequartista all rolled into one so ends up dropping far too deep and taking the ball off carragher's toes. he needs to get his arse up into the final third and be the dynamic lad bursting into the opponents' area and creating chances.

I am happy with a draw from the weekend Stevie, you are not? hehe.

I doubt Rafa has the savvy to win the EPL.

Controversial I know, but we've endured 3 years of "tinkering" which got us nowhere: 12 months of "bickering" and the enevitable breakdown in moral, and here we are in the year "it's all gonna happen" with 2 pathetic draws and 2 very lucky wins. All this is weighed up against one good game against Manure and that's it.

At this rate our season will be shot and done by November as in all the previous years.

4th place scenario looming :o

It's three wins. This Stoke match was the only pathetic result in my opinion. A draw at Aston Villa is not a horrible result. Even a champion will have a few draws away from home against good sides. I really can't blame the manager for this one. Have to blame Keane for hitting right at the keeper when it was easier to slot it past him, twice. Have to blame Torres for not putting home one of two excellent chances. Have to blame the midfield for not trying to get it to the forwards so they each could have had more than two chances each. Have to blame Gerrard and co. for not converting on at least one of the million corners they had.

At the start of the match I thought there wasn't a chance in hel_l Stoke could keep it scoreless as the defenders were playing so deep they were deeper than the keeper. The players just did not get it done. Like Paul Tomkins said, if Liverpool gets 9 or 10 out of every 12 that will win them the league. They got 10 out of their first 12. What to do now? Win the next three and they'll be back on track.

nah not at all james, we let ourselves down there. surprised you're not disappointed with that draw to be honest, at 1-0 up you had enough pressure and chances to seal it.

nah not at all james, we let ourselves down there. surprised you're not disappointed with that draw to be honest, at 1-0 up you had enough pressure and chances to seal it.

The difference between a biased scouser and an objective United is that while I wish / and could say we dominated this and that and should have taken all our chances, the fact remains Chelsea had as many or more than we did.

Did you notice that I called for a draw in both games and was right?

Cheers

James

Lets just hope we sort out Crewe tonight eh?

Looking at the "stats" of this tournament I've realised just how much this is really "our" cup.

League Cup Records

Most Wins

7 - Liverpool

5 - Aston Villa

4 - Nottingham Forest, Chelsea, Tottenham

3 - Leicester City

2 - Norwich City, Manchester City, Wolves, Arsenal, Manchester United

1 - Birmingham City, WBA, QPR, Leeds United, Swindon Town, Oxford United, Luton Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke City, Blackburn Rovers, Middlesbrough

Most Final Appearances

10 - Liverpool

7 - Aston Villa

6 - Nottingham Forest, Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea

5 - Leicester City,

4 - Norwich City,

3 - Manchester City, WBA, Middlesbrough

2 - Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Luton Town, QPR, Everton, West Ham United, Wolves, Stoke City, Birmingham City

1 - Tranmere Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Oldham Athletic, Oxford United, Sunderland, Southampton, Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers

Most Individual Appearances In A Final

5 - Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool 1981-1984 and 1987)

Ian Rush (Liverpool 1981-84 and 1995)

Most Winners' Medals

5 - Ian Rush (Liverpool 1981-84 and 1995)

Highest Goalscorer

49 - Geoff Hurst (43 West Ham, 6 Stoke City)

Ian Rush (48 Liverpool, 1 Newcastle United)

Lets just hope we sort out Crewe tonight eh?

Looking at the "stats" of this tournament I've realised just how much this is really "our" cup.

League Cup Records

Most Wins

7 - Liverpool

5 - Aston Villa

4 - Nottingham Forest, Chelsea, Tottenham

3 - Leicester City

2 - Norwich City, Manchester City, Wolves, Arsenal, Manchester United

1 - Birmingham City, WBA, QPR, Leeds United, Swindon Town, Oxford United, Luton Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke City, Blackburn Rovers, Middlesbrough

Most Final Appearances

10 - Liverpool

7 - Aston Villa

6 - Nottingham Forest, Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea

5 - Leicester City,

4 - Norwich City,

3 - Manchester City, WBA, Middlesbrough

2 - Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Luton Town, QPR, Everton, West Ham United, Wolves, Stoke City, Birmingham City

1 - Tranmere Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Oldham Athletic, Oxford United, Sunderland, Southampton, Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers

Most Individual Appearances In A Final

5 - Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool 1981-1984 and 1987)

Ian Rush (Liverpool 1981-84 and 1995)

Most Winners' Medals

5 - Ian Rush (Liverpool 1981-84 and 1995)

Highest Goalscorer

49 - Geoff Hurst (43 West Ham, 6 Stoke City)

Ian Rush (48 Liverpool, 1 Newcastle United)

Please (and I believe I can speak for many others out here in cyber football land) feel free to take this trophy. I would rather we win the premiership and champions league again. :o

Please (and I believe I can speak for many others out here in cyber football land) feel free to take this trophy. I would rather we win the premiership and champions league again. :o

From the recent performances you should really go for this bit of "worthless" silverware this year! :D

From the recent performances you should really go for this bit of "worthless" silverware this year! :D

Haha, good one mate, funny you didn't mention your little Choke, I mean Stoke over the weekend.

Haha, good one mate, funny you didn't mention your little Choke, I mean Stoke over the weekend.

I could have also mentioned when you visited our ground but I know how much it hurts! :D

I could have also mentioned when you visited our ground but I know how much it hurts! :D

5/6 against you guys, can't buy those kind of odds. :D