Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

See the knives are out again.

What, by us or the papers?

Who is "us"?

Us meaning all the other posters on the forum, not just Liverpool fans.

Please tell me you are not going down the "everyones picking on us" route?!!

Some posters, not all.

Where does it suggest that I'm going down the "everyone's picking on us route"?

Way off the mark.

Lonstebe, Rodgers looks clueless as to how to fix things. He's making strange teams selections and is showing all the looks of a man thats going into the next fixture with his fingers crossed as opposed to a new gameplay.

The dramatic deterioration since last may is discussion worthy, as is whether he keeps his job. You've gone from a title challenger playing exciting high tempo football to an also ran playing football best described as turgid. Its an alarming fall from grace on the back of a number of signings not working, with question marks as to their suitability. I tend to feel the "knives are out" is personal. Its not, he's just doing a lousy job and looks like a rabbit staring into headlights.

Liverpools situ is interesting ,it again brings into question the use of a transfer windfall ie the suarez money liverpool like spurs with the bale money,spent it on a number of promising players To 'lift' the squad as opposed to one or maybe 2. Proven marquee ish signings for the same money, which way is better? Atm you would have to say the marque's like sanchez look the better option ,,,or not u think?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Lonstebe, Rodgers looks clueless as to how to fix things. He's making strange teams selections and is showing all the looks of a man thats going into the next fixture with his fingers crossed as opposed to a new gameplay.

The dramatic deterioration since last may is discussion worthy, as is whether he keeps his job. You've gone from a title challenger playing exciting high tempo football to an also ran playing football best described as turgid. Its an alarming fall from grace on the back of a number of signings not working, with question marks as to their suitability. I tend to feel the "knives are out" is personal. Its not, he's just doing a lousy job and looks like a rabbit staring into headlights.

Its the talk of replacing him, which imo is quite sad.

Its the talk of replacing him, which imo is quite sad.

No one like to see a manager sacked (unless it Redknapp or Mourinho) but at the end of the day they are highly paid to do a job.

I always like to see clubs sticking with the younger managers but unfortunately Liverpool have high aspirations. I just can't see how anyone can justify keeping him if this slump continues into january.

Has Rodgers completely lost the plot or is it worth the gamble . According to the Star Rodgers is on the verge of re-signing Fernando Torres for free . I have not seen Nando play since he left us , according to reports he is now a shadow of the old Torres , but for me even if he plays on one leg he has got to be better than Lambert , sign him on loan until May , him , Raheem & Surridge (if he ever plays again) could be our saviors .

The fact that we as fans even give Nando a second thought shows just how woeful are attack is, I did consider him myself

Saying that, Lambert is only a shadow of the player he was at Southampton........a team that relied on the pressing game to get results. Lambert didn't come across as lazy to me when he was at the Saints, hence his call up to the England squad on the back of his performances. It's strange that he's tailed off so badly as this was supposed to be his 'dream move'.

Never watched Lambert at Soton , but the way he lumbers around the field here I find it very hard to believe he was so good there . What I have seen of him here , that is every game he has played , I very much doubt he would command a regular place for Tranmere . I would go as far as to say he is the worst Striker I have ever seen in an LFC shirt .

Saying that, Lambert is only a shadow of the player he was at Southampton........a team that relied on the pressing game to get results. Lambert didn't come across as lazy to me when he was at the Saints, hence his call up to the England squad on the back of his performances. It's strange that he's tailed off so badly as this was supposed to be his 'dream move'.

Never watched Lambert at Soton , but the way he lumbers around the field here I find it very hard to believe he was so good there . What I have seen of him here , that is every game he has played , I very much doubt he would command a regular place for Tranmere . I would go as far as to say he is the worst Striker I have ever seen in an LFC shirt .

Getting picked for England these days doesn't necessarily mean you are a very good player!

I have loads of opinions abouit all this but it is too much to write... so

Hope Sturridge stays fit if he ever returns

Turn Sterling into a striker, and buy an intelligent, fast striker for him to work with

Keep Lucas in the team

Get rid of the keeper and Johnson

Use SG off the bench

Use Lambert when he is in the box

Pray we can get players back from loan

Give the new guys time

Brendon is lost at the moment, he needs to pick a core team and stick with it. He also needs a defense coach.

• Like 1

I have loads of opinions abouit all this but it is too much to write... so

Hope Sturridge stays fit if he ever returns

Turn Sterling into a striker, and buy an intelligent, fast striker for him to work with

Keep Lucas in the team

Get rid of the keeper and Johnson

Use SG off the bench

Use Lambert when he is in the box

Pray we can get players back from loan

Give the new guys time

Brendon is lost at the moment, he needs to pick a core team and stick with it. He also needs a defense coach.

He will return but will not stay fit.

Sterling is to lightweight to be a striker his best position is behind or as a winger.

I think Lucas is a good player not great just good.

Agree with the keeper but Johnson?

SG I THINK COULD LEAVE SOON.

Use Lambert when he is in the box ....you mean give him service!

pray tell what players you have out on loan that are worth thinking about.

Time waits for no man.

Lose today and Brenda is one foot in the grave.

I don't really understand the negativity on this thread about how your currently playing!! it seems to me that your position last season has built your expectations up too high when really it was just a fluke/one off season, now your just back to a similar level to where you was the years before when you finished 7th, 8th,6th and 7th.Just saying like whistling.gif

it seems to me that your position last season has built your expectations up too high when really it was just a fluke/one off season, now your just back to a similar level to where you was the years before when you finished 7th, 8th,6th and 7th.Just saying like whistling.gif

Agree, that there has been a consistent poor league position albeit from last season when Suarez and Sturridge were bagging the goals. But, with the performance of last season and the revenue brought in from the sale of Suarez plus CL football, there was an opportunity to build and improve.

The performances, the tactics employed since and the personnel brought in, have not though built on this base. The likes of Lallana at £20m and Balotelli when compared to Wellbeck or Jesus Navas, who were at the similar price, beg real questions of BR.

Rumours on Twitter is that Mignolet has been dropped for this game.

just confirmed as true
Jones , johnno , Skrtel , Lovren , Moreno

Stevie.

Hendo Allen

Coutinho Sterling Lallana

Bench : Mingo Toure,Lambert,Lucas,Can,Balotelli,Marko .

it seems to me that your position last season has built your expectations up too high when really it was just a fluke/one off season, now your just back to a similar level to where you was the years before when you finished 7th, 8th,6th and 7th.Just saying like whistling.gif

Agree, that there has been a consistent poor league position albeit from last season when Suarez and Sturridge were bagging the goals. But, with the performance of last season and the revenue brought in from the sale of Suarez plus CL football, there was an opportunity to build and improve.

The performances, the tactics employed since and the personnel brought in, have not though built on this base. The likes of Lallana at £20m and Balotelli when compared to Wellbeck or Jesus Navas, who were at the similar price, beg real questions of BR.

City signed Navas before last season, way before Liverpool sold Suarez, which kind of makes your arguement a bit stupid.

Not really when buying any player is a gamble. brilliant players have played rubbish in teams before and will again. Look at mat. Do you think he is as good as he has been?

Can we finally give some credit to Toure?

Can we finally decide that Brendan needs to concentrate on who is doing well and using them rather than hoping past players will preform.

And can we please start with the future

i think we played better than 3-0 deserved and that today showed that B can play when he doesn't have to be the main attack. I still believe he can contribute, but not on his own.

And despite Sterling being a "lightweight" (come on!!!!!). iT WAS OBVIOUS FROM TODAY THAT HE CAN LEAD THE LINE. hE JUST NEEDS TO DEVELOP THE FINISH. sorry about capitals but i cant be <deleted> to change it. By the way is <deleted> still a swear word. <deleted> an expletive, <deleted>, the verb, <deleted> a noun, <deleted> a gerrund, fuckily an adverb, etc. etc. <deleted> it I don't care any more. Cor blimey mate

<snip>

By the way is <deleted> still a swear word. <deleted> an expletive, <deleted>, the verb, <deleted> a noun, <deleted> a gerrund, fuckily an adverb, etc. etc. <deleted> it I don't care any more. Cor blimey mate

I don't <deleted> know, but the second goal was clearly offside so Liverpool could easily have come back at 1-0 down.

Why is it that everyone could see he was offside apart from the blind <deleted> whose job it was?

• Like 1

three-nil flattered a very, very average united side. but when you defend like we do against decent attackers you're going to get punished.

i'd really like a journo or two to ask brendan what his defensive training involves every day at melwood. because whatever our defensive training is or tactics are, they are not working.

• Like 2

I think in fairness to Ballotelli, he's got in some good positions and if it hadn't been for De Gea being in top form he'd have scored 2 or 3.

Says a lot when the team who is winning 3-0 has their own goalkeeper named MoM

I think it says that the defence is doing it's job and the forwards can score goals....... that's what 3 - 0 looks like to me biggrin.png

1. Can we finally give some credit to Toure?

2. Can we finally decide that Brendan needs to concentrate on who is doing well and using them rather than hoping past players will preform.

3. And can we please start with the future

4. i think we played better than 3-0 deserved and that today showed that B can play when he doesn't have to be the main attack. I still believe he can contribute, but not on his own.

1. You can give credit to Toure all day fella, that just shows how bad our central defence is.

2. The problem is none of them are doing well, hence his manic changes ever week.

3. Bring on.....the summer?

4. We played well for the first 10 minutes, but that first goal was embarrassing defending and we got bullied from there on in.

Dark days coka

I think in fairness to Ballotelli, he's got in some good positions and if it hadn't been for De Gea being in top form he'd have scored 2 or 3.

Says a lot when the team who is winning 3-0 has their own goalkeeper named MoM

I think it says that the defence is doing it's job and the forwards can score goals....... that's what 3 - 0 looks like to me biggrin.png

Exactly it's all about putting the ball in the net, we did Liverpool did not, bad finishing and good keeping by De Gea and defending cost Liverpool.

• Like 1