Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Gents, is it my imagination or is Skrtel the part ??

Few times i've watched him this Year & he seems to have everything, i think, to make him a very, very good Defender ?

he's an excellent defender. top, top class in my opinion. he's hard, decent in the air and can play too. i just rate agger higher.

Gents, is it my imagination or is Skrtel the part ??

Few times i've watched him this Year & he seems to have everything, i think, to make him a very, very good Defender ?

he's an excellent defender. top, top class in my opinion. he's hard, decent in the air and can play too. i just rate agger higher.

Really ??

I know he can bang a Ball ( 3 Games back at Anfield against us i realised that ) but haven't really been as overly impressed with his Defending as much as i have Skrtel..

Game of opinions though.. :o

Really ??

I know he can bang a Ball ( 3 Games back at Anfield against us i realised that ) but haven't really been as overly impressed with his Defending as much as i have Skrtel..

it's become a real misnomer about agger that he's some hansenesque ball-playing defender who is lightweight, and it's simply not true. his reading of the game is as good as carragher's, he's handy in the air, is pacey, times his tackles well and is bloody hard too. plus into the bargain he can ball carry which lets us play higher up the pitch. i think he's the best centreback at the club and is still very young so will get better.

Really ??

it's become a real misnomer about agger that he's some hansenesque ball-playing defender who is lightweight, and it's simply not true. his reading of the game is as good as carragher's, he's handy in the air, is pacey, times his tackles well and is bloody hard too. plus into the bargain he can ball carry which lets us play higher up the pitch. i think he's the best centreback at the club and is still very young so will get better.

Every Liverpool fan knows the future looks bright with a Skrtel Agger partnership and we MUST keep Agger at all costs.

I think from what I have seen Skrtel is naturally physically stronger than Aggger and thats the only reason I can think why Raffa picks Skrtel ahead of Agger most games.Obviously Carra can not be dropped and the guy never tires so Raffa has the headache of selection.

I remember back to a few seasons ago when Drogba basically knocked Agger all over the pitch and then Carra had to take over. To be fair Drogba did that to every defender in the League anyway... I think Agger is a much better defender since then but he had such a long lay of with injury we have yet to see him at his best.

Really ??

Every Liverpool fan knows the future looks bright with a Skrtel Agger partnership and we MUST keep Agger at all costs.

I think from what I have seen Skrtel is naturally physically stronger than Aggger and thats the only reason I can think why Raffa picks Skrtel ahead of Agger most games.Obviously Carra can not be dropped and the guy never tires so Raffa has the headache of selection.

I remember back to a few seasons ago when Drogba basically knocked Agger all over the pitch and then Carra had to take over. To be fair Drogba did that to every defender in the League anyway... I think Agger is a much better defender since then but he had such a long lay of with injury we have yet to see him at his best.

i remember that man, yeah. and it was noticeable that the next match against chelsea agger gave drogba a right clobbering a couple of times.

i remember that man, yeah. and it was noticeable that the next match against chelsea agger gave drogba a right clobbering a couple of times.

True, I remember Agger gave him a better fight when they met again. By the way I think Agger is potentially our best Center back he has everything. Just needs more games and of course partnerships need to play together also.

Anyway very happy we have such competition at the back BUT now I am sure Inter will get him in the summer - see below.

INTER MILAN MOVE FOR DANIEL AGGER

Unhappy Liverpool defender is top target for Italian giants

14/02/2009 news of the world

INTER MILAN will make a summer move for unhappy Liverpool star Daniel Agger.

The Italian giants have already held preliminary talks with the defender's agent Per Steffensen.

And they want to cash in on his frustration over losing his place to Martin Skrtel and Liverpool's refusal to extend his current deal, which ends in 2010.

Inter want a move for Agger, 24, wrapped up before that point to ensure he is not lured away to one of their Serie A rivals.

Agger said: "If I don't play, it's untenable. My situation is that Rafa Benitez doesn't want to let me play — it irritates me when I don't play.''

Gerrard could make early return

BBC News

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard could face Manchester City on Sunday after making a quicker-than-expected recovery from a hamstring injury.

The 28-year-old suffered a tear during the FA Cup defeat by Everton on 4 February and faced three weeks out.

But Reds manager Rafael Benitez told the club's website: "He needs less time to recover than other players.

"Maybe he could be on the bench against City but we don't know. He wants to play every single game."

The midfielder has already missed his side's Premier League victory over Portsmouth and England's friendly defeat by Spain.

He had been believed to be eyeing a comeback for the Champions League tie against Real Madrid on 25 February.

Benitez added: "He is improving. He is working with the medical staff and is progressing well. Normally he is a player who recovers quickly.

"He knows the game against City will be very important, and also the Real Madrid one, too."

Liverpool will fall five points behind leaders Manchester United if their rivals beat Fulham on Wednesday.

And United would stretch their advantage to eight points if they overcome Blackburn on Saturday.

An early return by Gerrard would be a massive boost for the Anfield club as they try to close the gap on the champions.

As far as the debate goes for Agger/Skrtl. Agger is probably the most like Hansen i have seen in a red shirt since the man stopped playing.

Skrtl is in many way a lot like Carragher but with more athletic ability and less experince.

It is rather well known however that Agger has done some stupid stuff ( drugs) off field which has led to him being off the pitch more than he might have been.

Personally think if we can keep them both till they mature a bit more, we will have the best Central defensive duo in the league and possibly Europe for many years to come.

As far as the debate goes for Agger/Skrtl. Agger is probably the most like Hansen i have seen in a red shirt since the man stopped playing.

Skrtl is in many way a lot like Carragher but with more athletic ability and less experince.

It is rather well known however that Agger has done some stupid stuff ( drugs) off field which has led to him being off the pitch more than he might have been.

Personally think if we can keep them both till they mature a bit more, we will have the best Central defensive duo in the league and possibly Europe for many years to come.

While very good I agree, I think Vidic and Ferdinand would not agree with your last statement.

the agger / drugs thing is complete horseshit started up by evertonians.

the agger / drugs thing is complete horseshit started up by evertonians.

for a minute there, i thought stevie was gonna blame us for this one. :o

similar to the bedtner thing on the arsenal page, this is interesting news :o

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has admitted he would one day like to appear on Dancing On Ice. When asked how he had settled into life on Merseyside the 24-year-old said he enjoyed English TV and that the ITV show is "very artistic and elegant to watch. One day perhaps you may see me on the programme too". (Daily Star)

except not remotely similar to the bendtner story.

you're really not very good at this 'banter' thing, are you jimmy? :D

i thought it was pretty funny - you have to admit FT has the feet and hair to be a star on that show. :o

sorry, forgot to add, i see ramos is trying the fergie minds games on rafa today, will he take the bait?

Edited by bkkjames

quick note to liverpool fans, if anyone emails you a link which claims to be of the CCTV footage of the steven gerrard / southport bar incident, do not click on the link. it's a virus.

bkkjames, please feel free to click on said link. :o

quick note to liverpool fans, if anyone emails you a link which claims to be of the CCTV footage of the steven gerrard / southport bar incident, do not click on the link. it's a virus.

bkkjames, please feel free to click on said link. :o

you are all heart stevie boy - I fart in your general direction.

GERRARD RULED OUT OF CITY CLASH

Paul Eaton 20 February 2009

Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of Liverpool's clash with Manchester City this weekend.

The Reds midfielder is still recovering from a hamstring injury and won't be risked for the visit of Mark Hughes' men.

There was hope earlier in the week that Gerrard could be on the bench this weekend, but manager Rafael Benitez today confirmed he will not figure.

"Steven will not be ready for this game. We don't know if he'll be back for the game in midweek but clearly he will not be involved against City," said the boss.

"I spoke to him five minutes ago and he has confidence he will be back for Madrid, but we will decide on Monday.

"He is improving but we cannot take any risks, so he won't be in the squad this weekend."

Gerrard and Philipp Degen apart, Benitez reports no fresh injury worries for Sunday's game.

aye, we should try to avoid that if possible. i'd like us to line up:

pepe

arbeloa carra agger insua

mascherano aurelio

kuyt benayoun riera

torres

but i don't think we'll see that. i reckon he'll start lucas in centre mid. front four should be right though, unless he intends playing babel against them

Shut the Door on your way out Chaps... :o

hardly is it? think we'll still finish second and overhauling chelsea and arsenal the way we have this season is no small feat.

the 'title race' being over in the third week of february is hardly indicative of the 'best league in the world' is it?

Shut the Door on your way out Chaps... :o

hardly is it? think we'll still finish second and overhauling chelsea and arsenal the way we have this season is no small feat.

the 'title race' being over in the third week of february is hardly indicative of the 'best league in the world' is it?

No it's not, we've been saying exactly the same thing about it being over in Feb..

I said before though Steve that i think you've made progress this year or will make progress anyway, i'd like to see you finish second too as they will be a big acheivement imo..

Even though both Arsenal & Chelsea have had so far in their own terms, appaling Seasons, credit where credit's due & Liverpool should be applauded, that's if they do finish above both of course... :D

No it's not, we've been saying exactly the same thing about it being over in Feb..

I said before though Steve that i think you've made progress this year or will make progress anyway, i'd like to see you finish second too as they will be a big acheivement imo..

Even though both Arsenal & Chelsea have had so far in their own terms, appaling Seasons, credit where credit's due & Liverpool should be applauded, that's if they do finish above both of course... :o

we've had a reasonable season but not that good, though it could still improve. we've undoubtedly made progress too, and a lot of liverpool fans are forgetting / ignoring that at the minute. we're simply not in the same financial bracket as united and chelsea so to compete with them is about as good as it gets for now. liverpool fans who 'expect' to finish ahead of united or 'expect' to win the league are deluded. we're starting from a position of weakness and the playing field isn't level.

that said, there were a few players out there last night who need a word with themselves. mascherano's been largely average this season, riera's form has dipped noticeably and the less said about lucas and babel the better.

we missed alonso and gerrard too much. city played pretty well though.

Yep. Thought it was a good game. We did well to keep you from scoring in the first 30 minutes, which quietened you down. Thought we could have nicked the 3 points but overall, a draw was a fair result. I'd have taken that before the game.

Shut the Door on your way out Chaps... :D

which is better? la liga :o

we missed alonso and gerrard too much. city played pretty well though.

think that's about that for us then.

Agree with that Stevie, I think we could of managed if Alonso was in there...I Wasn't impressed with Dossena again and Aurelia made a bigger impact as soon as he came on. The Man U game will still be massive as I think we should win our next games with Stevie back and Alonso. Hey 12 games to go so you never know?? but the chances of Utd loosing 3 games and we winning all ours is very remote! well I can still hang on to League dream for a bit more anyway :o

Looking forward to the Champions league tie with Real Madrid they should be great games, maybe we can get something at theirs and get the win at home in the second leg and then you never know. I have been watching them lately and I think they are open to the counter something we do very well.