Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Ok Jim and Devil : I see Rafa's signed on for another 5 years.

One would have thought you guys (stevie anyways) would have posted this up by now.

But then again, I understand if you are not overjoyed with this announcement. :o

(edit- I see redscouse beat me to it, oh well, 5 more years of Rafa the rotator and 5 across the middle - makes Everton look like an exciting squad).

Edited by bkkjames

EXCLUSIVE: RAFA SIGNS NEW CONTRACT

Paul Rogers 18 March 2009 LFC TV

Rafa Benitez has signed a contract extension with Liverpool FC, keeping him at the club until 2014.

The Liverpool manager has extended his current deal, which took him to the end of next season, by a further four years.

"My heart is with Liverpool Football Club, so I'm delighted to sign this new deal," said Rafa. "I love the club, the fans and the city and with a club like this and supporters like this, I could never say no to staying. I always made clear I wanted to be here for a long time and when I complete my new contract it will mean I have spent over a decade in Liverpool.

"The club is greatly respected around the world due to its incredible history and tremendous heritage. It is my aim to uphold those values and help create a new chapter in our history.

"Throughout this process, I would like to thank the owners for their hard work in finalising the deal. All of us at the club want the same thing, which is to be successful by winning major trophies."

The completion of contract talks with Rafa is the third major boost for Liverpool fans in recent days, coming after fabulous wins against Real Madrid in the Champions League and Manchester United in the Premier League. The 4-1 win at Old Trafford saw Rafa achieve 100 league wins in the third fastest period of time for a Liverpool manager, surpassing Bill Shankly.

Liverpool Co-Chairman Tom Hicks said: "It is wonderful news that Rafa has made a long-term commitment to the football club. Since he became manager in 2004, he has been responsible for the great progress we have made. I know he will continue to build on his achievements as he has a tremendous hunger and desire to bring more success to the club - success our fans and everyone connected with the club deserves."

Co-Chairman George Gillett added: "With Rafa continuing to manage the team, we can look forward to more great football and success on the pitch. He has special abilities and qualities which are admired here at the club and around the world. Coming after our excellent wins over Real Madrid and Manchester United, this gives us great momentum going into the final stages of the season."

Rafa joined the Reds in 2004 following a successful period in charge of Spanish club Valencia, who he guided to two La Liga titles and a UEFA Cup success.

While he has been at the helm, Liverpool won the UEFA Champions League in Istanbul in 2005, the FA Cup the following year and reached another Champions League final in Athens in 2007. He has also overseen success in both the UEFA Super Cup and Community Shield.

The club are currently the number one team in Europe according to UEFA's co-efficient ranking system, based on results over the past five years in European competition.

What a great couple of weeks this is turning out to be, I for one am well happy about this news.

In Raffa We Trust :o

One would have thought you guys (stevie anyways) would have posted this up by now.

But then again, I understand if you are not overjoyed with this announcement. :o

(edit- I see redscouse beat me to it, oh well, 5 more years of Rafa the rotator and 5 across the middle - makes Everton look like an exciting squad).

You really are dimwit?

You really are dimwit?

Typical LP supporter intelligent come back. Let's see how long Rafa lasts under Kuwaiti ownership.

But then again, I understand if you are not overjoyed with this announcement. :D

You really are dimwit?

Typical LP supporter intelligent come back. Let's see how long Rafa lasts under Kuwaiti ownership.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz :o James you really are boring me. Why is it I have to wade through all your childish comments just to get to see other members comments on here. Do you have no pride? it really isn't amusing as you might think. The amount of times you hijack threads with anything LFC related is annoying.

Freedom of speech and all that, but its a bit much mate!

EXCLUSIVE: RAFA SIGNS NEW CONTRACT

Paul Rogers 18 March 2009 LFC TV

Rafa Benitez has signed a contract extension with Liverpool FC, keeping him at the club until 2014.

The Liverpool manager has extended his current deal, which took him to the end of next season, by a further four years.

"My heart is with Liverpool Football Club, so I'm delighted to sign this new deal," said Rafa. "I love the club, the fans and the city and with a club like this and supporters like this, I could never say no to staying. I always made clear I wanted to be here for a long time and when I complete my new contract it will mean I have spent over a decade in Liverpool.

"The club is greatly respected around the world due to its incredible history and tremendous heritage. It is my aim to uphold those values and help create a new chapter in our history.

"Throughout this process, I would like to thank the owners for their hard work in finalising the deal. All of us at the club want the same thing, which is to be successful by winning major trophies."

The completion of contract talks with Rafa is the third major boost for Liverpool fans in recent days, coming after fabulous wins against Real Madrid in the Champions League and Manchester United in the Premier League. The 4-1 win at Old Trafford saw Rafa achieve 100 league wins in the third fastest period of time for a Liverpool manager, surpassing Bill Shankly.

Liverpool Co-Chairman Tom Hicks said: "It is wonderful news that Rafa has made a long-term commitment to the football club. Since he became manager in 2004, he has been responsible for the great progress we have made. I know he will continue to build on his achievements as he has a tremendous hunger and desire to bring more success to the club - success our fans and everyone connected with the club deserves."

Co-Chairman George Gillett added: "With Rafa continuing to manage the team, we can look forward to more great football and success on the pitch. He has special abilities and qualities which are admired here at the club and around the world. Coming after our excellent wins over Real Madrid and Manchester United, this gives us great momentum going into the final stages of the season."

Rafa joined the Reds in 2004 following a successful period in charge of Spanish club Valencia, who he guided to two La Liga titles and a UEFA Cup success.

While he has been at the helm, Liverpool won the UEFA Champions League in Istanbul in 2005, the FA Cup the following year and reached another Champions League final in Athens in 2007. He has also overseen success in both the UEFA Super Cup and Community Shield.

The club are currently the number one team in Europe according to UEFA's co-efficient ranking system, based on results over the past five years in European competition.

What a great couple of weeks this is turning out to be, I for one am well happy about this news.

In Raffa We Trust :o

absolutely right, delighted to hear this this morning. parry gone, spank madrid, humiliate the mancs and rafa signed up until 2014. brilliant couple of weeks.

he should be around just long enough to see alex ferguson off into that nursing home for the deluded and bitter, where he can dribble and gawp his remaining days away, while rafa gets on with the job of knocking man united off their fuc_king perch.

Since you're speaking for them, it means you support Chelsea, too? You really are a bandwagon fan.

Now to get those two American owners out of there and to get in some big money from the Mid-east.

absolutely, next job is fuc_k off gillett and bye bye hicks. don't really mind where the investment comes from or who the new owners are because anybody will be an improvement on these two charlatans.

Since you're speaking for them, it means you support Chelsea, too? You really are a bandwagon fan.

Now to get those two American owners out of there and to get in some big money from the Mid-east.

Actually for a team complaining about lack of funds, what's 20 million on a manager, peanuts. As for speaking for the others, its nice to know that we can count on LP assuming their usual place in the table for years to come :o

absolutely, next job is fuc_k off gillett and bye bye hicks. don't really mind where the investment comes from or who the new owners are because anybody will be an improvement on these two charlatans.

Hope that happens before next season and we can buy 2-3 top players? curios on peoples thought on the ShareLiverpool FC venture? Link

I understand they still don't have enough funds since the owners are asking for a outrageous amount. Its sounds almost too good to be true and unlikely to ever happen in this economy?

Edited by Devil

Hope that happens before next season and we can buy 2-3 top players? curios on peoples thought on the ShareLiverpool FC venture? Link

I understand they still don't have enough funds since the owners are asking for a outrageous amount. Its sounds almost too good to be true and unlikely to ever happen in this economy?

i think that shareliverpool is an admirable venture but i also think that it's unworkable. i do though think that the next owners should consider some level of supporter involvement at board level or a socio movement like barcelona has.

yeah, hicks and gillett are holding out for 500m GBP, a profit of 280m for 18 months or so of fuc_king the club up and saddling it with shitloads of debt. the summer should be interesting since they will not be given the refinancing on the 350m loans they took out to buy the club so may be forced to sell the club for far less than 500m. i think this is when we'll see dubai come back in.

that's what pisses me off most about them, they haven't actually spent any of their own money. it's all borrowed and having promised that the club would not be used as collateral against the loans, they went ahead and saddled the club with all the debt and interest payments of 30m per season. utter frauds they are.

Actually for a team complaining about lack of funds, what's 20 million on a manager, peanuts. As for speaking for the others, its nice to know that we can count on LP assuming their usual place in the table for years to come :o

I love your new avator "James" - now you're seeing yourself as we see you! :D :D

fuc_king Chelsea again??? fuc_k, absolutely last team most any Liverpool fan wanted to see again in the Champions League. That's why it's getting a bit boring for me. Would rather see Porto or Villareal, more exotic teams.

Edited by Jimjim

Liverpool have to many mediocre players to win the Premier League, they need some serious money to be able to compete with Manure, as do Chelsea, Arsenal and every other team.

this is unfortunately true. we're not competing on an even financial footing with the likes of united, chelsea and even arsenal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...rem/7956396.stm

Ferguson also disputed the Spaniard's recent claim that United have massively outspent Liverpool on transfers in recent years.

He said United's own figures showed Liverpool had spent £24m more in overall terms.

"He's well ahead of us in spending in the last five years," Ferguson claimed.

In terms of net spending - taking into account income from sales - the clubs are much the same. o.gifLiverpool's net spending over five years on players is £82.5m and United's has been £85.5m. Meanwhile, Chelsea spent £154.8m net on players during that time and Arsenal just £3.4m.

fuc_king Chelsea again??? fuc_k, absolutely last team most any Liverpool fan wanted to see again in the Champions League. That's why it's getting a bit boring for me. Would rather see Porto or Villareal, more exotic teams.

Chelsea is a much bigger club than Porto or Villareal, so by rights it should be a more exciting and dramatic clash. I don't think it's the tie that is boring, more the way both teams decide to play it.

FULHAM 2- 0 mancs

Good old "Murph" - still one of us at heart. :o

And Tottenham 1 - 0 chelski

:D so tomorrow is a great chance to get back in the race, I knew it wasn't all over :D

YNWA

Edited by Devil

TOMKINS: FERGUSON IS WRONG

Paul Tomkins 22 March 2009

Thankfully, most media outlets seem to have seen the massive inaccuracy in Alex Ferguson's figures relating to Liverpool's spending.

That he should even choose to come out with such figures in the first place is interesting, given his rather undignified reaction to Rafa's ‘fact' press conference a couple of months back.

I'm also still smiling over his ‘we were the better side' comments following their total humiliation last week, which every neutral I've spoken to found hilarious. That United played so well was obviously the reason Old Trafford was so empty in the last 10 minutes. He's also had a pop by excluding Rafa's name from the best managers in the league, which seems a bit childish for a pensioner. :o

Full article here LFC TV

ferguson's having a 'mare this week dev:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ma...r-alex-ferguson

Man of the week

Alex Ferguson - added Sky to his list of media boycotts. Other boycotts since 2002: The Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday Express, Daily Star, Daily Mail, Manchester Evening News, the BBC, the Press Association, Five Live, Century FM ("fuc_king idiots, you all are"), plus a whole press conference in May 2002: "On you go. I'm no' fuc_king talking to you. Verón's a great fuc_king player. Youse are all fuc_king idiots." Best attempted ban: Nov 2002, Fergie tries to boycott his own channel, MUTV, one month before fronting a Uefa conference on how managers should handle the press.

The guy deserves it

Not banned yet: the New Statesman - Fergie telling the new issue about whether it's possible to be a left-wing multi-millionaire. "Of course. It's true I've earned a lot of money. But I've worked hard, paid my taxes and put a lot back." (1999: Ferguson's accountant Alan Baines, also part of his testimonial committee, tells the Independent how Fergie's estimated £2m testimonial year income will be structured "carefully" to be tax-free. "It's a grey area of revenue law. The beneficiary cannot himself have initiated the testimonial, nor can the club, because then it is classed as money from employment. So in our case, we're a group of individuals who have organised the testimonial - we think the guy deserves it.")