Price Of Samsung Galaxy S4 In Thailand?

They were released on Friday, May 3rd. 21,900 THB only at Samsung Mobile shops and selected authorised dealers.

Be warned though, they are only selling the 16 GB version so far, which has been causing controversy all across the tech world due to only actually having ~8 GB of usable space due to the size required by all of Samsung's included software and features.

I got to play with an SGS4 today in a Samsung shop in Fortune Town.

It is a nice bit of gear, maybe not some quantum leap from an SGS3 or my GN4 (paid ~ 11,500 baht). I think the physical design is nicer than the SGS3, and it is quite a bit thinner than my GN4.

Not sure about any controversy "across the tech world" - it doesn't take much for some to get their panties twisted - but 16 GB internal storage should be more than adequate. My GN 4 has 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of storage with no uSD slot; the SGS4 has 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage (in the base config.) and a uSD slot (up to 64 GB).

post-9615-0-86110800-1367822709_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-98440000-1367822738_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-88022700-1367822758_thumb.jp

I got to play with an SGS4 today in a Samsung shop in Fortune Town.

It is a nice bit of gear, maybe not some quantum leap from an SGS3 or my GN4 (paid ~ 11,500 baht). I think the physical design is nicer than the SGS3, and it is quite a bit thinner than my GN4.

Not sure about any controversy "across the tech world" - it doesn't take much for some to get their panties twisted - but 16 GB internal storage should be more than adequate. My GN 4 has 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of storage with no uSD slot; the SGS4 has 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage (in the base config.) and a uSD slot (up to 64 GB).

However, almost half of the 16GB S4 storage is gobbled up my the operating system/bloatware...apparently there is really only 8.8GB of free storage. See this Link for more info.

The size of the internal storage is really not a big deal when you can add a 64GB SD card. Some of the stuff Samsung adds is actually quite useful. It's already possible to root it, so if it bothers you to much you can purge a lot of the Samsung software.

The size of the internal storage is really not a big deal when you can add a 64GB SD card. Some of the stuff Samsung adds is actually quite useful. It's already possible to root it, so if it bothers you to much you can purge a lot of the Samsung software.

Agreed. uSD cards are very inexpensive, and some are getting a free 16 GB uSD card with an SGS4 purchase. Not seeing the big deal here? It's not like an iPhone or even Google Nexus/HTC One phone which does not have a uSD slot, and with 8 GB left over you could literally add thousands of apps before encountering capacity issues. I like how the people with 512 MB of RAM on their phones are whinging. rolleyes.gif Interwebs panty-bunching may now continue. whistling.gif