Car Repair (Aircon) Rawai Area

stevehaigh

I use a place just after Wat Chalong. Go through the next lights and it's about 200m further on left side (going to Phuket Town). No English on sign so hard to know it's an air con repair shop. It looks like a narrow/high workshop.

7°51'09.04" N 98°20'10.04" E

• Like 2

Straight across the road from the entrance to Wat Chalong is the best mechanic around. Cheap. friendly, knowledgeable.

Had the same problem last month. Cheap to fix, but 1,500Bt to clean the car. Don't wait too long to fix it

I use a place just after Wat Chalong. Go through the next lights and it's about 200m further on left side (going to Phuket Town). No English on sign so hard to know it's an air con repair shop. It looks like a narrow/high workshop.

I just found it on Google Earth Street View:

post-35489-0-62289500-1368527719_thumb.j

The sign:

post-35489-0-62385700-1368527896.jpg

...according to Google says:

Air Cooled Service

Repair air vehicles

Tel. 087-2695912/076-280465

• Like 1

While we are on the topic, there is a air conditioner sales, repair and installer literally just before Lemon Green Gas on your way toward Chalong circle. He fixes refrigerators, air conditioners and has recharged the freon on my truck. One of the few that has the correct size valves and meters to do so. Mine was empty, blowing warm air, 700 Baht for a fill up.

• 7 years later...

Had to necro this thread to add that I found that aircon service place now 2021 and they fixed the missus' aircon in 10 mins, for 500 THB. The <deleted> at Bquik quoted her 6k, telling her they needed to change almost every component of the Yaris aircon. I told her on phone get out of there, dont pay them anything, and sent her to this shop. They guessed it was either compressor or the controller. So they tested a new controller (smallest cheapest part), aircon was back working 100%. 500 Baht and I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN VISIT BQUIK.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2013 at 11:15 AM, LivinginKata said:

I followed LIK's recommendation before to fix my car air-con.  The guy knows his stuff.  The workshop is more than 200m from Wat Chalong.  More like 1km, just before the big shop selling lightings.

• Like 1