Thai Reconciliation Bill Not On House Agenda

webfact

Reconciliation bill not on House agenda

BANGKOK, 25 May 2013 (NNT) - The House of Representatives will not consider the reconciliation bill during its extraordinary session at the end of this month. Only the 2014 appropriation bill will be reviewed.

Deputy Government Spokesperson Lt. Sunisa Lertphakhawat said on Friday that the extraordinary House session, scheduled from 29-31 May 2013, would only look into the appropriation bill for next year.

Other laws related to the country’s reconciliation movements—an amnesty bill and the reconciliation bill by Deputy PM Chalerm Yubamrung—would not be included in the meeting’s agenda, she confirmed.

Mr Chalerm submitted the reconciliation bill to the House as an MP, not as an executive of the ruling Pheu Thai Party or a government official.

According to Lt. Sunisa, the deputy PM’s reconciliation bill has not been approved by Pheu Thai; therefore, it is not the party’s resolution.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-05-25 footer_n.gif

You mean Chalerm sweating to finish his master's bill on time, burning the midnight oil and swigging ear medicine was all for nothing?

3 million brownie points from the boss - these are used to determine your party list number when the next election is imminent.

• Like 1

I read in another of Bangkok's newspapers that Mr Chalerm has categorically stated that "Thaksin will be home a free man this year".

As a token of his sincerity to his Lord and Master, Mr Chalerm has offered to be decapitated if he fails in this quest. I believe this to be yet another ludicrous claim from "He who shoots from the lip"

Several questions come to mind:

Why would Chalerm offer to lose his head for Thaksin?

Who would wield the axe?

Hasn't Chalerm lost his head many times already over the past few months?

Why does Chalerm use the word "free" when referring to Thaksin. I understand he already has his freedom and has had since he ran away in 2008 to Beijing?

post-9891-0-62956900-1369471631_thumb.jp

Chalerm: Behead me if he isn't be home this year.

• Like 1

Bht500 billion gone, another bht350 billion to go soon, Yingluck is selling less government bonds, money is getting tight. Best to get approval for another Bht 2.2 trillion debt in the back pocket soon.

Edited by waza

The gospel of Chalerm may have hit a snag on acceptance but the backup plan is to incorporate it into the Red shirt plan,, for acceptance/approval.by the many desciples of the all great leader.

Would it be possible to have two such screwed up leaders of countries within hollering distance of each other? Probably, but its the innocents on the ground who will bear the burden of their grand plans for self , family and cronies.

I read in another of Bangkok's newspapers that Mr Chalerm has categorically stated that "Thaksin will be home a free man this year".

As a token of his sincerity to his Lord and Master, Mr Chalerm has offered to be decapitated if he fails in this quest. I believe this to be yet another ludicrous claim from "He who shoots from the lip"

Several questions come to mind:

Why would Chalerm offer to lose his head for Thaksin?

Who would wield the axe?

Hasn't Chalerm lost his head many times already over the past few months?

Why does Chalerm use the word "free" when referring to Thaksin. I understand he already has his freedom and has had since he ran away in 2008 to Beijing?

attachicon.gif504645.jpg

Chalerm: Behead me if he isn't be home this year.

Somewhere to the South of NST someone will be sharpening a blade, to satisfy Chalerm's ambition.

• Like 1

Did I miss some thing I was not aware of a Reconciliation bill just several bills designed to deepen the gulf that already exists in the government and strip the Justice Department of some of it's power and put it into the hands of a criminal on the run from the law.

• Like 1

Bht500 billion gone, another bht350 billion to go soon, Yingluck is selling less government bonds, money is getting tight. Best to get approval for another Bht 2.2 trillion debt in the back pocket soon.

Not sure if this post passes the 'Rubi test' for relevance, but if the take-off is 30-50%, doesn't this mean >600m THB on the cards?

They simply have to get some 'convictions' against Abhisit otherwise all hell will break loose when Thaksin comes back, the clear beneficiary of the bill. Both sides have to benefit.

All the banged up money launderers will be hoping to benefit. Does that count?