Nsa Contractor Identifies Himself As Source

News_Editor

From the same article above:

"Snowden is still believed to be weighing up his options. Late on Thursday, Venezuela's foreign minister said the country had yet to receive a formal response to its offer of asylum.

"We communicated last week. We made an offer and so far we haven't received a reply," Elias Jaua told Reuters during a regional foreign ministers' meeting in Uruguay."

This needs to be put in the context of the headline:

"Edward Snowden: US officials are preventing me claiming asylum

NSA whistleblower calls meeting with Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch at Sheremetyevo airport"

Snowden has not taken up Venezuela's offer and at the same time is complaining about US stopping him.

If I had a son telling porky pies, I'd clip him round the ear.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still amazed that Snowden has not been spotted or heard from except by that columnist.

Anyone recall an article with a contact by Snowden other than by the columnist?

And even he didn't post an interview. Just a bunch of "I believe he thinks....bla bla bla".

• Like 1

Espionage is the second oldest profession behind prostitution.

Modern espionage relies on highly developed IT.

Snowden would not have been able to walk away with information in the old days.

It's a tough world out there. IMHO Obama is doing his best for the US.

You and many others obviously disagree.

We all have to find our own personal truth.

we agree to differ I think.

Regards

SP

Espionage the second oldest profession? Where on earth do you get that from?

Why would I disagree that Obama is doing his best? He was better in his first term, though he missed far too many opportunities to make a change, imo

You still haven't explained the 'gumtree' comment

I'm still amazed that Snowden has not been spotted or heard from except by that columnist.

Anyone recall an article with a contact by Snowden other than by the columnist?

And even he didn't post an interview. Just a bunch of "I believe he thinks....bla bla bla".

It has been said from the start this would be about the info not him.

??? What is the difference?

Yes Bush brought it but Obama did not think twice about extending it

Congress made the law establishing the program, amended the law, holds hearings over the implementation of the laws. The executive branch writes the rules and regulations implementing the law, which the Congress can cancel or change anytime. The Congress has the power and authority here. The executive is compelled by the Constitution to execute the laws. Congress makes 'em..Take it up with your Congress person and two Senators. They are the lamebrains in this operation, to include creating the Fisa courts if you don' like the two of them either, which you don't.

From the same article above:

"Snowden is still believed to be weighing up his options. Late on Thursday, Venezuela's foreign minister said the country had yet to receive a formal response to its offer of asylum.

"We communicated last week. We made an offer and so far we haven't received a reply," Elias Jaua told Reuters during a regional foreign ministers' meeting in Uruguay."

This needs to be put in the context of the headline:

"Edward Snowden: US officials are preventing me claiming asylum

NSA whistleblower calls meeting with Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch at Sheremetyevo airport"

Snowden has not taken up Venezuela's offer and at the same time is complaining about US stopping him.

If I had a son telling porky pies, I'd clip him round the ear.

Yes, left wing repressive S American governments keep offering Snowden asylum yet he never accepts. First Ecuador, then Nicaragua, Bolivia, now presently Venezuela. Why doesn't Snowden actually, in fact, accept even one of these many offers of asylum? Instead, Snowden would rather engage in rhetoric against the United States saying it's preventing his gaining asylum.

Four governments have offered asylum despite the best efforts of the U.S. Government to prevent it so the US can pursue its charges against Snowden violating the Espionage Act, which Snowden has admitted doing. Yet Snowden hasn't accepted one offer of asylum - not even one. Snowden has an agenda he's not disclosed and which his partner and expense account payer Wikileaks has not yet disclosed. The agenda is not a good one. I think that much is clear and unmistakable.

Now Snowden wants a meeting with human rights organizations and asylum offering governments at the Moscow airport where he's been holed up. It appear Putin is allowing this, tho it's unclear what Putin's motive is too. Snowden is looking more like a show horse rather than a wheel horse.

Maybe he's worried about the flight to Venezuela?

Dangerous troublemaker IMHO.

Yes, every government of the world can see Snowden is a loose cannon.

He won't go to Ecuador. Or to Bolivia. Or to Nicaragua. Or to Venezuela. Every of these governments have offered asylum or said they would offer it.

Why fly? I'd suggest Snowden travel by submarine - a yellow submarine. laugh.png Russian subs are know to spend a lot of time on the bottom with explosion holes in them, but a risk is a risk - what can I say? rolleyes.gif

It has been said from the start this would be about the info not him.

Then he has done what he wanted to do

and its time to pay the piper whistling.gif

Regarding a Snowden Sighting.

2 rights officials in Russia plan to meet Snowden

MOSCOW (AP) — Two prominent Russian human rights officials say they plan to meet on Friday with Edward Snowden, the leaker of U.S. National Security Agency secrets, after receiving an invitation calling them to Moscow's Sheremetyevo international airport.

Snowden is believed to have been stuck in the airport's transit zone since arriving from Hong Kong on June 23, as he negotiates for asylum in another country.

Sergei Nikitin, head of Amnesty International's Russia office, told The Associated Press he will go to the meeting, but declined to give details. Tatiana Lokshina, deputy head of the Russian office of Human Rights Watch, was quoted by the news agency Interfax as saying she also would go.

On Facebook, Lokshina posted the text of an email purportedly from Snowden that she received Thursday. The text says Snowden wants to make "a brief statement and discussion regarding the next steps forward in my situation."

Russian news reports said the invitation was also sent to local officials of Transparency International, an organization that tracks corruption in governments and industries, and the U.N. refugee agency. Those organizations could not immediately be reached for comment.

Snowden has not been seen in public since arriving in Moscow from Hong Kong, where he had fled before his leaks about American Internet surveillance were made public. Russia has said it cannot extradite him because by remaining in the transit zone he is technically outside Russian territory.

Link to AP story on 2-rights-officials-russia-plan-meet-snowden

Edited by jamhar

On Facebook, Lokshina posted the text of an email purportedly from Snowden that she received Thursday. The text says Snowden wants to make "a brief statement and discussion regarding the next steps forward in my situation."

Note the important clue in this communication:

"...my situation."

Theres going to be piles of disinformation on disinformation until we hear "He's Here".

Its a cat&mouse between a former NSA analyst and the NSA.

And we're just along for the ride.

Who knows, with all this talk of flights, he could've been on a boat this whole time.

If you folks would drop all the rhetoric long enough to

check you would see a live interview has been going on for some time now.

In the Sheremetyevo airport in Moscow

Edited by mania

Before we all get carried away read this from BBC:

"The meeting was not open to the press. Mr Snowden said he planned to address journalists at a later stage."

Some punter with a camera at the airport pumping out to YouTube is publicity, nothing more.

Before we all get carried away read this from BBC:

"The meeting was not open to the press. Mr Snowden said he planned to address journalists at a later stage."

Some punter with a camera at the airport pumping out to YouTube is publicity, nothing more.

mmmmm yeah what ever you say rolleyes.gif

where you been Pub?

Egypt?

SP.

I went to tell the Muslim Brotherhood what I think of 'em. smile.png They of course didn't take it well. crazy.gif Good thing I had an AK-47 with me - but they had a lot of 'em too. hit-the-fan.gif

Actually, I told a poster what I think of what he said, and what I think of him, which was extreme on both sides. biggrin.png (I'll PM you.)

While on 'holiday' I had a good Visa Run too.

So last night I read a bunch of threads which have lots of your good stuff along with the good work of others, for which I commend each of you and all. Keeping the faith. thumbsup.gif

if you would supply a link, that would help :whistling:

Found it

http://www.youtube.com/user/rtrussian?v=RjENfMdMSRI

Its also on the RT channel

EdwardSnowden_2616089b.jpg

He wants to stay in Russia and promises to not release any information harmful to the US while he is in Russia.

That isn't what he was saying a week or so ago was it. Putin said OK if you keep your mouth shut.

No. He applies for asylum elsewhere.

Snowden changes his story repeatedly.

Not to be trusted.

'up a gum tree' means 'in slight difficulty'.

Where? Never heard of it

be up a gum tree (British & Australian old-fashioned) also be up a tree (American old-fashioned)

to be in a very difficult situation

Usage notes: A small animal in Australia called a possum climbs up a gum tree when it is being chased.

If the insurance company won't pay for the damage, I'll be up a gum tree

'up a gum tree' means 'in slight difficulty'.

Where? Never heard of it

At least in the US, more in the southern US.

Any "up a tree" type a saying mean "stuck" "trapped" , "in difficulty" or "up the creek"

Damn, you beat me to it, SP

Edited by jamhar
  • Like 1

if you would supply a link, that would help whistling.gif

Found it

Its also on the RT channel

He wants to stay in Russia and promises to not release any information harmful to the US while he is in Russia.

That isn't what he was saying a week or so ago was it. Putin said OK if you keep your mouth shut.

No. He applies for asylum elsewhere.

Snowden changes his story repeatedly.

Not to be trusted.

What has trust to do with him? Why do you have to trust him?

If he is publishing lies about what the NSA has done then why don't the govt just say so?

This has nothing to do with what he has done, its what the govt has done.

So the real question is, do you trust you govt?

Edited by Scott

throw a hand grenade into a crowded bar and see what happens,

that's what Snowden has done and he is claiming to be a hero.

if I was an American citizen I would support Obama. as a British citizen I also support Obama.

I couldn't go to South America because the horrible Americans wouldn't let me .

He does sound like he's whining a bitblink.png

I think hes surprised at how much he is being hunted.

I'll give him a pass on that, since its his first time being a traitor.

I really would not recommend coming to the Americas, unless he can get into cuba safely

South America is not safe. A 10 million reward for his capture should do it.

Make it 25 million, and the government might turn him over.w00t.gif