The Ashes Tour 2013

Enough of all this hotspot <deleted> now ,time to move on to the 'catch that wasn't a catch'!!! Steve Smith catches an edge off Bell at slip.the ball clearly carries ,Smith clearly indicates that he caught it 'clean' .3rd umpire thought otherwise. Lord Gower & Mr Elizabeth Hurley are livid in the 'Royal commentary box'

That was bizarre...looked like a catch to me

It was.

Now tell me Mr Bookman....what are the Aussies chances now of winning back the wee urn?

Later this year in Australia ... ?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see that now.....oh well the 200 then. Its a tough decision.....where is Bookman....and David48?

Well, like all good Aussie Battlers, I was tucked up under the sheets ... and the blankets ... it's Winter here.

As for BookMan ... have has something far more interesting tucked up under his sheets then me at the moment! He's a lucky puppy that soi dog ... w00t.gif

I see that now.....oh well the 200 then. Its a tough decision.....where is Bookman....and David48?

Well, like all good Aussie Battlers, I was tucked up under the sheets ... and the blankets ... it's Winter here.

As for BookMan ... have has something far more interesting tucked up under his sheets then me at the moment! He's a lucky puppy that soi dog ... w00t.gif

Two days in a row now I have woken to calamitous tidings from the cricket. England 5/333! Depressing for all Australian cricket supporters really. England might have got a few late Wickets if they had sent Australia in to bat, but I can see they want to demoralise the Australian team further with a huge smashing.

Australia had its chances to stem some of the runs. A catch from Root when he was on 8 went between Wicket Keeper and first slip that neither player went for. Bell, out for a few runs, but absurdly not given by the 3rd umpire.

Australia though have simply not scored enough runs to be competitive. Keep Watson and Clarke and the rest of the batsmen can go.

When we lose this it will be the worst losing streak for Australia since 1984. 6 tests n a row

In both the first two tests of this series staying in and building a score has been far more important than strike rates.

I'd rather Compton scored 100 with a strike rate of 35 at number 4 than Pietersen get out for single figures yet again.

Who do you think should replace Pietersen; or do you reckon he should keep his place?

Compton was only used as someone to see off the new ball in a low key tour of NZ ,that's why his back to back centuries in NZ were so easily dismissed along with Compton himself for this Ashes & the ever developing Root. England have a pretty dynamic middle order that can run away with the score rate at any given point, Pietersen IS the most dangerous & in full flow he can & has torn attacks apart. So yes I'd stick with Pietersen & I totally dismiss your reasoning to Comptons inclusion.

Surely you know that 7by7 loves batsmen who can contribute to a slow over rate

Enough of all this hotspot <deleted> now ,time to move on to the 'catch that wasn't a catch'!!! Steve Smith catches an edge off Bell at slip.the ball clearly carries ,Smith clearly indicates that he caught it 'clean' .3rd umpire thought otherwise. Lord Gower & Mr Elizabeth Hurley are livid in the 'Royal commentary box'

It was.

Now tell me Mr Bookman....what are the Aussies chances now of winning back the wee urn?

We never had a chance this series. I predicted a 3-1 series result before the start, but Australia will need to bring along some over size spring loaded bats to get even that one win.

The most recent coach Mickey Arthur is suing the ACB over his terminated contract. I think the ACB should be suing Mickey for building up such an awful batting side that seem to lack so many basics tongue.png

It was.

We never had a chance this series. I predicted a 3-1 series result before the start, but Australia will need to bring along some over size spring loaded bats to get even that one win.

The most recent coach Mickey Arthur is suing the ACB over his terminated contract. I think the ACB should be suing Mickey for building up such an awful batting side that seem to lack so many basics tongue.png

I thought you were being a tad optimisticwink.png

Australia will be luck if they can win the toss.

This from the xppress:

"After the refusal of Stuart Broad to walk when he was caught off a thick edge in the First Test, now we had Bell refusing to accept the word of an Australian fielder that he had legitimately caught the ball" lol.

Face-saver for KP?:

"Kevin Pietersen to miss rest of second Test with injury"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23393489

/sorry, read it that he was out forthwith//

Edited by jackr

I thought you were being a tad optimisticwink.png

Australia will be luck if they can win the toss.

Australia still have rain to hope for...and a lack of motivation by England come the 5th test w00t.gif

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=weather+at+lord's+cricket+ground&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-GBGB540GB540&oq=weather+at+lords&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l3j69i62l2.5990j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The key bit is "Precipitation 0%"

Back to the drawing board Bookman! biggrin.png

bigbamboo, all five days of this test, and I understand the other four, were sold out long ago.

Broad and Bell not walking?

Batsmen these days don't. If anyone says that an Australian in similar circumstances would have walked; I simply wont believe them!

It's not that I prefer batsmen who score slowly, Bookman. I simply prefer batsmen who can consistently score runs.

I, too, expected Cooke to declare sometime after tea yesterday; but can see why he didn't.

The Aussies' heads were down, they were simply going through the motions.

When Bell was out SKY showed a despondent Clarke staring at the England Balcony with a look on his face which said "Please put us out of our misery and declare!"

I think England are looking towards the next test; go into it having won this one by a country mile and with Australia totally demoralised.

Clarke stopped using his pace men, presumably with a view to saving them for the next test. But taking the new ball and bringing them on may have brought some morale raising wickets.

Glenn McGrath on TMS

"It was a horror day for Australia, probably even worse than Friday. England saw them off early on and then the runs starting to tick over as the day wore on.

"I am curious why Australia didn't take the new ball, run in hard and have a red-hot go at England to show they won't lie down. It became too easy at times.

"Nothing shy of a miracle can save them from here."

Expect England to carry on this morning and declare maybe 45 to 30 minutes before lunch; giving them 5 and a bit sessions to bowl Australia out.

Does Australia have anyone capable of staying there for those 5 and a bit sessions? Not on the evidence so far!

Australian Love Poem

Of course I love ya darlin'
You're a bloody top-notch bird
And when I say you're gorgeous
I mean every single word

So ya bum is on the big side
I don't mind a bit of flab
It means that when I'm ready
There's somethin' there to grab

So your belly isn't flat no more
I tell ya, I don't care
So long as when I cuddle ya
I can get my arms round there

No Sheila who is your age
Has nice round perky breasts
They just gave in to gravity
But I know ya did ya best

I'm tellin' ya the truth now
I never tell ya lies
I think it’s very sexy
That you've got dimples on ya thighs

I swear on me Nanna's grave now
The moment that we met
I thought you was as good as
I was ever gonna get

No matter what you look like
I'll always love ya dear
Now shut up while the cricket'’s on
And fetch another beer......

• Like 1

Australian Love Poem

Of course I love ya darlin'

You're a bloody top-notch bird

And when I say you're gorgeous

I mean every single word

So ya bum is on the big side

I don't mind a bit of flab

It means that when I'm ready

There's somethin' there to grab

So your belly isn't flat no more

I tell ya, I don't care

So long as when I cuddle ya

I can get my arms round there

No Sheila who is your age

Has nice round perky breasts

They just gave in to gravity

But I know ya did ya best

I'm tellin' ya the truth now

I never tell ya lies

I think it’s very sexy

That you've got dimples on ya thighs

I swear on me Nanna's grave now

The moment that we met

I thought you was as good as

I was ever gonna get

No matter what you look like

I'll always love ya dear

Now shut up while the cricket'’s on

And fetch another beer......

An Aussie wrote that for his English bird?

Does Australia have anyone capable of staying there for those 5 and a bit sessions? Not on the evidence so far!

Clarke is capable....or he was about one year ago. Problem is, even if he fired, he doesn't have anyone who can stick around

Clarke is capable....or he was about one year ago. Problem is, even if he fired, he doesn't have anyone who can stick around

His best test, and first class, score is 329 not out against India in Jan 2012.

He had Ponting and then Hussey with him then; can any of this lot match those two?

Haddin, maybe?

Does Australia have anyone capable of staying there for those 5 and a bit sessions? Not on the evidence so far!

Clarke is capable....or he was about one year ago.  Problem is, even if he fired, he doesn't have anyone who can stick around

His best test, and first class, score is 329 not out against India in Jan 2012.

He had Ponting and then Hussey with him then; can any of this lot match those two?

Haddin, maybe?

He had a purple patch around then and immediately before that.

I can't see him getting a ton...too many pressures on him.

Haddin could hang around for a couple of hours

With Khawaja and Clarke both looking set and getting their 50s it looked like Australia may be putting up a fight and could salvage some pride from this game.

On comes Root and gets them both in quick succession. What a game he's had.

Smith out to a silly shot for 1, and it's tea.

Can Australia survive into the fifth day? Doubtful.

• Like 1