The Ashes Tour 2013

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not quite the same excitement being at work and only having the live text from BBC Sport. Still a good day for England and i suppose we should thank the Australian media for the pep talk they gave to Stuart Broad before the start.

Haddin and Johnson"s stand ensured we will still have to bat better than we did in the last series.

It looks like a great wicket to me; I can't see the convicts getting to 300, and then for England it's all about not making silly mistakes.

There was a time there yesterday that I thought we'd struggle to get to 200 and be asked to follow-on ... even though we batted first!

• Like 1

Good performance by Carberry, obviously a star; despite his silly looking hat!

Broad ok, the rest were very poor. Pietersen again losing patience and holing out when not losing his wicket was more important than scoring runs.

Combination of excellent aggressive bowling and poor batting.

Can't see Australia losing this, and realistically only the weather can salvage a draw for England.

However, in recent years England have had a habit of performing poorly in their first innings of the first test and then going on to win the series; but I still expect a drawn series.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1

Only managed 2 updates all day 82-2 and thought not too bad and then 136 all out, what a shocking performance. Obvious credit should go to the Aussie bowling unit but, it seems our batsmen learnt nothing from our failures of the last series.

and there was me looking forward to a day off tomorrow getting to see some live action sad.png

Having arisen from my pit early to watch the English batsmen only to turn the TV on to see Broad bowling, I reckon you'll get to see plenty of action tomorrow.

Unfortunately I doubt much of it will be coming from the English!