The Ashes Tour 2013

'I CAN'T HEAR YOU!' Watch KP snub the Aussie press as England touch down in Alice Springs in latest leg of Ashes tour

article-2513649-19A6B11500000578-910_634

Kevin Pietersen made no attempt to make friends with the Australian press corps as England landed in Alice Springs on the latest stop of their Ashes tour.

The England batsmen walked through the airport terminal ignoring requests to speak to the waiting Australian journalists by wearing headphones and repeatedly telling the reporters 'I can't hear you' while pointing to his ears.

English Press

article-2513649-19A5F18400000578-413_634

English Team arriving at Alice Springs for a 2 day tour Match.

Better them then me ... it was 39C at the Cricket Ground where they will play.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All sledging aside (for the moment) ... how do you Poms reflect on Kevin Pietersen ?

As for David Warner ... just my humble opinion, he's tolerated when he does his job and score runs, but short shift given to his sporting persona. I'm not a Fan.

For Mitchell Johnson (also supporting Movember) ... I like him. Reminds me of an older Wallaby Player, David Campese. When he was good, he was brilliant and when he was off ... he was woeful. Still, on his day, a match winner, same for Johnson, can turn a match with a couple of balls

'I CAN'T HEAR YOU!' Watch KP snub the Aussie press as England touch down in Alice Springs in latest leg of Ashes tour

Kevin Pietersen made no attempt to make friends with the Australian press corps as England landed in Alice Springs on the latest stop of their Ashes tour.

The England batsmen walked through the airport terminal ignoring requests to speak to the waiting Australian journalists by wearing headphones and repeatedly telling the reporters 'I can't hear you' while pointing to his ears.

English Press

Brilliant match programming by Australia. Keep England hot and tired in preparation for the Adelaide test. laugh.png

KP..such a w*nker.

Edited by BookMan

English Press

Brilliant match programming by Australia. Keep England hot and tired in preparation for the Adelaide test. laugh.png

KP..such a w*nker.

Like I said previously, I don't know how KP ever got picked again after sending his fellow South Africans

text messages abusing his captain.

• Like 1

The funniest aspect of the 1st test by far is David warners new facial growth. Perhaps Clarke should make a captains decision and make him remove it?!

Hey Carms ... do you live under a rock or something?

During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of millions of moustaches around the world. With their “Mo’s” men raise vital funds and awareness for prostate and testicular cancer and mental health. As an independent global charity, Movember’s vision is to have an everlasting impact on the face of men’s health.

Here

Well written David

yes and a nicely taken cheap shot David baring in mind i was clearly joking and unaware of the reason for it. But i apologize nonetheless if it makes you happier but i think we both know there was no offense intended despite your rebuke.

David warner however could make a lot easier for himself by understanding that if he does indeed want to be seen as a good bloke all he has to do is behave as such and not as a bullying, drunken loud mouthed neanderthal thug that just happens to be a brilliant cricketer.

Did you know that Anderson started it by sledging the newbie Bailey.

... James Anderson of threatening to punch George Bailey in the face, and defended skipper Michael Clarke for stepping in to support the Test debutant. As the fallout continued after the dramatic and controversial finish to the first Test, it emerged on Monday that Anderson's treatment of Bailey sparked the fiery exchange between Clarke and the England pace spearhead.

Here

So you're accusing Sky of deliberately withholding audio that would to an extent exonerate Clarke?

Because that's the only way Warne would have heard it.

To be fair, we don't really know who started it between Bailey and Anderson.

Although, Anderson's response seems to be over the top and then Clarke and Co

were just sticking up for their team mate.

The problem was, the comment wasn't meant to be aired.

The commentary team have full access to the pitch mike and hear a lot more than the viewer does.

A storm in a tea cup methinks.

Will you need to engage your brain a little. Don't waste time responding this thread seems to be more about you guys with chips on the shoulder than cricket. Sad really

The funniest aspect of the 1st test by far is David warners new facial growth. Perhaps Clarke should make a captains decision and make him remove it?!

Hey Carms ... do you live under a rock or something?

During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of millions of moustaches around the world. With their “Mo’s” men raise vital funds and awareness for prostate and testicular cancer and mental health. As an independent global charity, Movember’s vision is to have an everlasting impact on the face of men’s health.

Here

Well written David

yes and a nicely taken cheap shot David baring in mind i was clearly joking and unaware of the reason for it. But i apologize nonetheless if it makes you happier but i think we both know there was no offense intended despite your rebuke.

David warner however could make a lot easier for himself by understanding that if he does indeed want to be seen as a good bloke all he has to do is behave as such and not as a bullying, drunken loud mouthed neanderthal thug that just happens to be a brilliant cricketer.

Dave Warner hasn't got the intelligence to make things a lot easier for himself. I for one cringe when I see him in front

of a microphone.

I don't think he's a brilliant cricketer. He's a fantastic limited over player maybe, but has yet to convince me that he is even

a very good test cricketer at this stage. I hope he does though cos we could use some quality with the bat.

If he hasn't been dragged over the coals by either coach, captain or management, I think it's a disgrace.

This is from David Bumble Lloyd "

We have the benefit of using a stump microphone on Sky which is not allowed to go to air and I have to say that some of the stuff that was going on there went too far.

I’m a big lad who has heard a few things in my time but David Warner in particular came out with some really nasty, horrible stuff.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2512648/The-Ashes-2013-14-Bumble-David-Warners-nasty-comments-picked-

• Like 1

Dave Warner hasn't got the intelligence to make things a lot easier for himself. I for one cringe when I see him in front

of a microphone.

I don't think he's a brilliant cricketer. He's a fantastic limited over player maybe, but has yet to convince me that he is even

a very good test cricketer at this stage. I hope he does though cos we could use some quality with the bat.

If he hasn't been dragged over the coals by either coach, captain or management, I think it's a disgrace.

This is from David Bumble Lloyd "

We have the benefit of using a stump microphone on Sky which is not allowed to go to air and I have to say that some of the stuff that was going on there went too far.

I’m a big lad who has heard a few things in my time but David Warner in particular came out with some really nasty, horrible stuff.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2512648/The-Ashes-2013-14-Bumble-David-Warners-nasty-comments-picked-

I agree about Warner needing to pull his head in, both on and off the field.

He is an explosive player, but far from the great mould as yet. he certainly has the potential. He seems to have his head in the right place (on the field) since he has been dating Candice Falzon. He had a terrific test match with the bat and also the lead up games in the domestic series.

Where he falls down is his belief that his batting prowess gives him carte blanche to behave like a d#ckhead off the field.

For myself, I have no issue with the on field sledging. These are hardened professional cricketers who cop 24 hours scrutiny off the field. I think they can handle a few abusive remarks.

The fact is that Anderson got under the skin of the Australians, with Clarke reacting just like Jimmy had been hoping one of the Aussies would.

Having said that, good to see Clarke supporting his fellow players.

• Like 1

He has a genius of a brother as well if I am not mistaken.

I was actually thinking about the twitter incident where he went of the rails because of a photo of him playing in India and a headline he didn't like. His reaction was ergghhh interesting to say the least.

But yeah then you have the Walkabout etc as well. He should never be put in front of the press. Ever.

He has a genius of a brother as well if I am not mistaken.

I was actually thinking about the twitter incident where he went of the rails because of a photo of him playing in India and a headline he didn't like. His reaction was ergghhh interesting to say the least.

But yeah then you have the Walkabout etc as well. He should never be put in front of the press. Ever.

I think one of the problems we have nowdays, is that a lot of these players are

earning a fortune from the IPL and it gives them unwarranted self-importance.

I read this week that Warner earns 2 million a year from Cricket Australia,

2 million a year from the IPL and a million from other endorsements.

To be fair, we don't really know who started it between Bailey and Anderson.

Although, Anderson's response seems to be over the top and then Clarke and Co

were just sticking up for their team mate.

The problem was, the comment wasn't meant to be aired.

The commentary team have full access to the pitch mike and hear a lot more than the viewer does.

A storm in a tea cup methinks.

Will you need to engage your brain a little. Don't waste time responding this thread seems to be more about you guys with chips on the shoulder than cricket. Sad really

Dear Khun carmine ... AKA the 'Wisdem of Cricket' *.

If you are going to try and bowl a bouncer to us ... please don't overstep the mark.

If you haven't noticed, when we lost the Ashes in England ... apart from a few forward defensive stokes ... we were widely acknowledging England's dominant Series ... and a fair toss to you guys ... wai.gif

But, now that the game is being played in Australia and we comprehensively thrashed the Poms in the first game ... where are the Poms in this thread? It's like they been given the 'poor light' option and returned to the dressing rooms.

We never stopped supporting our guys when we were losing ... and we were gracious enough to acknowledge the wins by you guys.

But please ... asking us to pull our heads in ... that we have chips on our shoulders ... facepalm.gif

* according to him

• Like 1

It's been a while since you guys won a game so you probably do need to practice celebrating.

In perspective however its one game since December 2012 against the English. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

... now that the kind of subtle dig that's appreciated ... thumbsup.gif

Geeze, has it been that long ... facepalm.gif

The next one in Adelaide might be a fizzer as they have replaced the wicket with a 'drop-in pitch' ... and they are as about predictable as a 'Farang' thread in the general Forum.

Perth, the WACA offers a hope of a lively pitch.

BTW ... I'm a huge Fan of the Barmy Army. I just wish we had something half as good.

Great to see their bugler back and allowed in ... he's a match that light's the flame.

Passionate, disciplined, a great sense of fun and commitment to the team.

Well done the Barmy Army ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70N6WaR03AM

Nothing can I find from the First Test ... so it has to be from the their time in Auckland NZ earlier this year.

Crappy graphics ... but great Audio!

It's been a while since you guys won a game so you probably do need to practice celebrating.

In perspective however its one game since December 2012 against the English. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I don't think anyone's getting "ahead of themselves".

It has been a long time between drinks, so, we deserve to have "our time in the sun"

however long it might last.

And David48 is right, it has been awfully quiet on here lately......

Edited by Will27

It has been a long time between drinks, so, we deserve to have "our time in the sun"

I'm guessing most people will be concentrating on the curling from Stavanger, when the rugby's not on.

Were in shock because its been so long since you beat us. Mindyou, doubtless normal service will be resumed by the end of the series. Your players can trap off as much as they like, and maybe the verbals will help you a little, but at the end of the day its about ability so i'd expect you to take a series humping as per usual.laugh.png

All sledging aside (for the moment) ... how do you Poms reflect on Kevin Pietersen ?

As for David Warner ... just my humble opinion, he's tolerated when he does his job and score runs, but short shift given to his sporting persona. I'm not a Fan.

For Mitchell Johnson (also supporting Movember) ... I like him. Reminds me of an older Wallaby Player, David Campese. When he was good, he was brilliant and when he was off ... he was woeful. Still, on his day, a match winner, same for Johnson, can turn a match with a couple of balls

I think Pieterson's an arrogant prick mate for what its worth and i think that Broad Prior and Anderson should button it too. Hopefully both coaches might suggest more time concentrating on their game and less time trapping off, although Lehman is showing no signs of doing this but i suppose the argument is if you won the test why change.

• Like 1

Former Australian captain reckons if sledging isn't dealt with then fisticuffs could break out!!

Lets hope its not dealt with then.laugh.png

warner can have another shot

*sent from the zombie apocalypse survivors camp payphone

Edited by BookMan

Neither side can claim to be the innocents in this, but England did extend an olive branch, which Australia declined.

The Australians are obviously doing their best to wind up the England team, on and off the pitch.

One has to wonder why.

Is it because they know that on cricketing ability alone they don't stand a chance of winning back the urn?

Neither side can claim to be the innocents in this, but England did extend an olive branch, which Australia declined.

The Australians are obviously doing their best to wind up the England team, on and off the pitch.

One has to wonder why.

Is it because they know that on cricketing ability alone they don't stand a chance of winning back the urn?

Thou does protest too much!

Are you saying the Poms are so feeble of mind that a few words would upset their sporting prowess?

Alter the balance?

Shakespeare would be turning in his grave!

Actually ... theses a thought ... only 'Shakespearian' sledging for one game!

Sort of like having Graffiti in old English !

Edited by David48

One has to wonder why.

Well thats probably true but then again we can't argue that in the verbal abuse stakes they've been very successful so far. Lehman has sensibly declined because he is all too aware they are an inferior team. Don't like it at all but what with the pressure he's under can't say i blame him. He just happens to be the manager of a national team of average players but world class verbal abusers.(or sledges if it makes you all feel a little more comfortable with it being part of the game!!whistling.gif )

But its just not cricket!