British Real Estate Agent Mysteriously Dies Near Potato Field

Rimmer

All my sympathy...and hope it was not murder or suicide.... But hope does not bring justice.

Automobile accident?...only broken bones and massive injury would tell that..... Heart Attack? ...autopsy can determine that (I suppose by damage done by lack of blood flow to parts of the heart) revenge murder...? Seems like they would use a gun or knife to dispose of a "healthy man". Beaten by thugs? ....see that all the time, but again...pointless unless it was a robbery. Healthy Rich men in Thailand out on a jog and then dead out in a field. Sorry, I hope his family asks a lot more questions.... I am not speculating...just interested that all possibilities are looked at.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many foreigners die in this country every year?

The stats must be shocking

Just under 1 in 100 or 1% of the worlds population die every year.

In Thailand it is only 0.65% meaning around 450,000 people die EVERY YEAR.

Or around 1,250 EVERY DAY.

Or around 50 EVERY HOUR.

Or around 1 death EVERY MINUTE.

Most western countries have a death rate of around 0.8%.

So death is very common.

I can easily see why the death rate among foreigners in Thailand will be higher. We have a proportionally large number of oldies, a lot of losers with little or no funds, a very high percentage drink and ride motorcycles (I am trying to think of someone who doesn't), and then we have a lot of tourists, in a party mood, drunk and on a motorcycle (probably for the first time in their lives).

But none of that is relevant to the thread, sorry for the digression

RIP.

We have a proportionally large number of oldies, a lot of losers with little or no funds, a very high percentage drink and ride motorcycles (I am trying to think of someone who doesn't), and then we have a lot of tourists, in a party mood, drunk and on a motorcycle (probably for the first time in their lives).

What category do you belong to?
  • Like 1

RIP

Again a lot of speculation, Just to note, one news source says he was a Real Estate Agent, the other say's he was a Property Developer, so as the the pictures are pixelated how can you be sure the injuries are as described?

Or around 50 EVERY HOUR.

So death is very common.

I can easily see why the death rate among foreigners in Thailand will be higher. We have a proportionally large number of oldies, a lot of losers with little or no funds, a very high percentage drink and ride motorcycles (I am trying to think of someone who doesn't), and then we have a lot of tourists, in a party mood, drunk and on a motorcycle (probably for the first time in their lives).

RIP.

We are not talking about the natural rate of attrition here but rather the artificially assisted death rate of westerners where the cause death all too often involves another party and where the seemingly obvious cause of death is amazingly listed as "suicide" or "natural causes" by the authorities who we suspect are either in collusion for financial gain or simply inept, stupid or lazy.

• Like 1

given the number of people on this board who hold retirement visas, why would you be surprised when one of them dies?

Absolutely......same thing happens in Eastbourne, Cha-am or any other retirement home...thumbsup.gif

People in retirement homes in Eastbourne are only 57 and go jogging every day?

You'd think the coroner could tell the difference between a hit-and-run injury and the injuries sustained from a heart attack-induced fall. I do hope it was natural causes and was quick and painless for him.

I'd only suspect fowl play if he was jogging near a chicken farm.

• Like 1

It was not a potato field, it was cassava.

He also did not wear "only pants" he wore sneakers and socks as well - but yes, no shirt.

(since I've past 40 I always dress properly - just for situations like this...)

RIP, British Real Estate Agent

Yes and it always pays to have a clean pair of jocks on "just in case your in an accident" (least that was what my mum always said when I was going out)
HaHa that brought back memories.My Mum was the same------ "and you're not going out with that dirty shirt on "

Anyway heartfelt sympathies go out to the family. OK BIB lets please try and make a bit of an effort with this one eh?

Edited by biplanebluey

Or around 50 EVERY HOUR.

So death is very common.

RIP.

We are not talking about the natural rate of attrition here but rather the artificially assisted death rate of westerners where the cause death all too often involves another party and where the seemingly obvious cause of death is amazingly listed as "suicide" or "natural causes" by the authorities who we suspect are either in collusion for financial gain or simply inept, stupid or lazy.

Yes I think a lot of them are all those things cozily wrapped up in a uniform

You'd think the coroner could tell the difference between a hit-and-run injury and the injuries sustained from a heart attack-induced fall. I do hope it was natural causes and was quick and painless for him.

I'd only suspect fowl play if he was jogging near a chicken farm.

Why?--------you suspect the fox?

Everywhere has a death rate of 1

per person

Everywhere has a death rate of 1

per person

Yes, but a lifespan of (say) 80 yrs gives 1.25% P.A. average.

Condolences to the family.

The fittest of people can suddenly have a heart attack whilst exercising. I had a friend who was extremely fit and suffered cardiac arrest whilst jogging. He had similar facial injuries as a result of hitting the ground. He was 37 yrs old.

I have always exercised daily 10 kms per day and have been told by my doctor to cut back and not push my body to hard. Now I do around 5 kms per day.

3 cheers for chooka hip hip .......

"From an autopsy, it was initially known that there were injuries on his face and chest."

So they needed an autopsy to see there were injuries to his face and chest.

I suppose the BiB couldn't have noticed that little tid bit.

Condolences to the family.

The fittest of people can suddenly have a heart attack whilst exercising. I had a friend who was extremely fit and suffered cardiac arrest whilst jogging. He had similar facial injuries as a result of hitting the ground. He was 37 yrs old.

I have always exercised daily 10 kms per day and have been told by my doctor to cut back and not push my body to hard. Now I do around 5 kms per day.

Also my condolences to the family and I hope that the case of death is soon established to avoid the obvious.

Regarding excerise I wish to be heathier than you so I now have stopped all excerise and watch sport from the TV. Of course there is never an advantage with a disadvantage and now I have to sit more upright otherwise my stomach blocks my view of the TV.

A very sad topic (the Guy's death), but handled with respect in passing on one condolences and a sense of humour - well done.clap2.gif

It was not a potato field, it was cassava.

He also did not wear "only pants" he wore sneakers and socks as well - but yes, no shirt.

(since I've past 40 I always dress properly - just for situations like this...)

RIP, British Real Estate Agent

Dress properly...??? For which country, which area and what time of year in whatever country..??