Russian Resort Owner beaten-up on Pattaya’s Walking Street

Lite Beer

i actually know this russian, and he is alright !, not a violent person ( although he is married to a russian lady with a Kid, so not sure he will like his picture being all over the papers ! )

He's alright... wife and kid and he's out on walking street at 5 am with that street walker biggrin.png Yeah, 'he's alright jack!' biggrin.png

Most Russians have Mao nois !

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

Is that a drunk mia noi?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Russian guy looks like he could "Handle" himself; however, always remember that the Thais are never alone. One call and the Thai guy has 10 friends to back up his side of the disagreement smile.png

About once a year in the LOS one thai man may challenge someone to a solo fight. The rest of the time, it never even occurs to him, that honorable men fight themselves. Getting a gang of five or more, is how men with no honor fight. This is how 12 year old boys, who occupy the bodies of men fight. Zero risk. What can one say about this behavior? Absolute boldfaced cowardice. A complete lack of manhood. Wusses. Punks, twit behavior, devoid of manhood in any of its forms. Tiny, tiny men without pride or honor.

A Thai guy challenging someone to a solo fight???? Only if the other six of them are standing round the corner.

I would have loved to have witnessed this little episode. Ladyboys and teenagers arms and legs flailing around like some kind of muy thai boxer, while the Russian bleats for help. All taking place at 5:00am on the world's weirdest street. It is true that true life is stranger than fiction.

Anyone that has spent more than 10 minutes in Pattaya has seen a dust up like this. Usually a drunk farang mouthing off at a local, until his mouth overloads his arse and someone hands it to him. Best to just smile and go with the flow. Your nose doesn't get broken that way.

I'm 64, only 173cm and 63gk. Not exactly an "imposing" figure. But I hold a 2nd Dan in Shotokan and 1st Dan in Akido, and was Recon/Force Recon Marine for 18 of my 20 years in the Marines. Definitely can't judge this book by the cover.

3 years go I bought a nice gold necklace for my wife at a gold shop in Big C, Hang Dong. Put it in the inside pocket of my jacket, left, got on old model CBR 150 and casually headed home down the 200 Year highway. Had gone maybe 300 yard when 4 punks on 2 motorbike pulled up, one pushing over in front of me to block me off. No problem. Pulled over, got off the bike, took off helmet and smiled at them. Less than a minute later I was back on my bike, laughing most of the way home. Sometimes the good guys win, even in LOS

wai2.gif

Semper Fi and thanks for that. Most people on this forum want to wai and walk away.. I'm also a former Marine.. I don't wai and walk away. I try and avoid trouble but don't turn tail. Your polite, I'm polite, you get in my face, I'll bite your nose off. I'm 70 years old and still don't take any crap. from anybody. I'm too old to give a shit. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Personally, I have been bumped by these dam_n drivers when walking around the soi's on walking street. The drives have absolutely no regard for pedestrians and believe that it is their right to run over or into anyone in their way. There have been occassions when I have left my elbow extended a bit and have caused their mirrors to be bent or broken off when they drive by. It hurts a bit but worth it. I think I will have to temper my attitude because I could end up the same as every other assulted falang with just a simple phone call by one of these pr*cks.

Why anybody would stand around and let somebody phone for reinforcements boggles the mind.

Walking street at 5am, sorry but i would just drop him and slip away without a second thought. Don't take any chances in this town.

The Russian guy looks like he could "Handle" himself; however, always remember that the Thais are never alone. One call and the Thai guy has 10 friends to back up his side of the disagreement smile.png

About once a year in the LOS one thai man may challenge someone to a solo fight. The rest of the time, it never even occurs to him, that honorable men fight themselves. Getting a gang of five or more, is how men with no honor fight. This is how 12 year old boys, who occupy the bodies of men fight. Zero risk. What can one say about this behavior? Absolute boldfaced cowardice. A complete lack of manhood. Wusses. Punks, twit behavior, devoid of manhood in any of its forms. Tiny, tiny men without pride or honor.

If some ignorant <deleted> who has about 50 to 60 pounds and 4 or 5 inches in height advantage over you gets rude and mouthy what are you going to do to even up the odds?

If you are faced with such a confrontation, how about taking the phone away from him, as well as the keys to his bike, and throwing them down the nearest drain. But of course, you then have to leave the scene very quickly. It's obvious why he was on the phone, so he deserves some inconvenience....!

I haven't read all the posts, so this may have been said. if so, apologies.

It seems to me that the Thai was spoiling for a scrap. It's unlikely that there was a shortage of places to park at 5.00 am!! Having said that, the Russian didn't make it easier for himself, and gave the Thai what he was looking for by not moving, and probably giving him a mouthful, but it may have been that if he had moved, the Thai would have found another reason for a confrontation.

My attitude when traveling is to be super courteous, and if that occasionally seems like I'm backing down to the top dog, so be it. I've stood my ground quite a few times, even been involved in a bit of biffo on a couple of occasions, but it was reactionary to direct threat and imminent danger, rather than being provocative.

The four golden rules of street fighting are

Get the first punch in

Get the first boot in

If he gets up, have a cold beer waiting for him

If all else fails, make sure you give Usain Bolt's WR a nudge whilst asbsconding!!

Edited by F4UCorsair

Another nail in the coffin for Pattaya and the rest of Thailand!

Really? At least in Pattaya and Thailand you have to go out of your way to be considerably rude and arrogant to get your ass kicked.

At 5 am in most entertainment and red light areas in the west you don't need to do anything for that to happen.

• Like 1

Another nail in the coffin for Pattaya and the rest of Thailand!

Really? At least in Pattaya and Thailand you have to go out of your way to be considerably rude and arrogant to get your ass kicked.

At 5 am in most entertainment and red light areas in the west you don't need to do anything for that to happen.

Quite right. I feel much safer walking around Pattaya late at night, or anywhere in Thailand for that matter, than I would in a UK town centre when the pubs/clubs are chucking out!

• Like 1

I would have loved to have witnessed this little episode. Ladyboys and teenagers arms and legs flailing around like some kind of muy thai boxer, while the Russian bleats for help. All taking place at 5:00am on the world's weirdest street. It is true that true life is stranger than fiction.

Anyone that has spent more than 10 minutes in Pattaya has seen a dust up like this. Usually a drunk farang mouthing off at a local, until his mouth overloads his arse and someone hands it to him. Best to just smile and go with the flow. Your nose doesn't get broken that way.

I've lived in pattaya for over 5,256,000 minutes and have yet to see such a thing; it does happen but not very much.

I've lived in pattaya for over 5,256,000 minutes and have yet to see such a thing; it does happen but not very much.

How many of those minutes were on walking street. Especially late in the night when only 7/11 employes going to work or drunks are on the street?

Pattaya has a reputation but it is a big city and there are lots of suburban areas where the most exciting thing is watching Gecko's on the wall. The high light of the week is going to Makro.tongue.png

• Like 1

I'm 64, only 173cm and 63gk. Not exactly an "imposing" figure. But I hold a 2nd Dan in Shotokan and 1st Dan in Akido, and was Recon/Force Recon Marine for 18 of my 20 years in the Marines. Definitely can't judge this book by the cover.

3 years go I bought a nice gold necklace for my wife at a gold shop in Big C, Hang Dong. Put it in the inside pocket of my jacket, left, got on old model CBR 150 and casually headed home down the 200 Year highway. Had gone maybe 300 yard when 4 punks on 2 motorbike pulled up, one pushing over in front of me to block me off. No problem. Pulled over, got off the bike, took off helmet and smiled at them. Less than a minute later I was back on my bike, laughing most of the way home. Sometimes the good guys win, even in LOS

wai2.gif

Semper Fi and thanks for that. Most people on this forum want to wai and walk away.. I'm also a former Marine.. I don't wai and walk away. I try and avoid trouble but don't turn tail. Your polite, I'm polite, you get in my face, I'll bite your nose off. I'm 70 years old and still don't take any crap. from anybody. I'm too old to give a shit. coffee1.gif

Beautiful story. If this were the Philippines you may have been toast. But, this is the land of pussy men, who cannot fight. Therefore they fight in groups. They know they would not be able to conquer a 6 LB. rabbit on their own. Nice to see they got what they had coming to them, and glad none of the pussies had a gun. If more of these punks got their asses kicked, maybe they might think twice? Or do they think at all?

i actually know this russian, and he is alright !, not a violent person ( although he is married to a russian lady with a Kid, sonot sure he will like his picture being all over the papers ! )

"not sure he will like his picture being all over the papers ! " As you know, that is NORMAL here in TH, isn't it? To have one or more, Mia Noi

and Gig relationships!

His wife should be used to that! whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

The Russian guy looks like he could "Handle" himself; however, always remember that the Thais are never alone. One call and the Thai guy has 10 friends to back up his side of the disagreement :)

The dog-pack thing is complicated.

To western era it's cowardice. To Thais a show of numbers is a show of solidarity and majority acceptance of any mayhem that ensues.

Mob behaviour is condoned here and we're wise to steer clear.

I will point out of course that any Thai willing to consider that would be too cultivated to partake in the savagery.

Alas, Thailand is not an intellectual's or an anthropologist's salon.

So leaning on rationality is ill advised.

It is Pattaya BUT it is not the only place it happens

5 Boys 13 - 17 have just recently been charged with Murder in Perth Australia . They allegedly Stomped Kicked & Punched a 42 year old man to Death on his way home at night.

In Ohio a man & his wife have just been charged with Kidnap & Torture for 2 years of a woman & her daughter (Sex & work slaves)

In India if you remember a young woman was raped in a Bus by 6 males & they used a steel post on her - She Died

A group of Pakistan male villagers stomped & stoned a 14 y.o girl to death for refusing to marry the 60 year old man her parents had picked for her they filmed it .

2 Men ran down & hacked a young off duty unarmed Soldier to death in England & had it filmed

How can you single out Pattaya

The violence is increasing BUT so is the influx of people. Percentages increase & that include criminal incidents

Just an observation from my viewpoint

ph34r.png

The dog-pack thing is complicated.

To western era it's cowardice. To Thais a show of numbers is a show of solidarity and majority acceptance of any mayhem that ensues.

Mob behaviour is condoned here and we're wise to steer clear.

I will point out of course that any Thai willing to consider that would be too cultivated to partake in the savagery.

Alas, Thailand is not an intellectual's or an anthropologist's salon.

So leaning on rationality is ill advised.

Wonderful comment. For those of us who like to analyze, and break things down, Thailand can be a confusing and difficult place. One cannot understand this foreign planet with the intellect. Few Thais use it. They seem to feel their way around, and tend to use their hearts more than their minds. Critical thinking is just not taught here, and few Thais ever seem to ask the right questions. And yes, the cultivated amongst us are probably way above the tribal (street) war BS. And when you say the pack mentality is a show of solidarity, of course that is how they see it on the very surface of things, and the chances of them analyzing it beyond that is quite remote.

The pair were standing on Walking Street in front of the P72 Restaurant when they were asked by a motorcyclist to step-aside so he could park. Initially Mr. Kozlov refused to move which made the driver angry. He placed a call to friends who were asked to attend the scene urgently.

I would have just smiled and moved away. He owns a resort in Thailand but doesn't know how to cope with this kind of situation.

I assume he was drunk , and a drunk Russian will not smile and just step aside.

regarding Rshoemake and guy still wanting to fight even after wai-ing. I read somewhere that if an older person wai's first, it can be bad luck for the Thai. Don't know if true, but maybe he was angry that you had laid some bad luck on him, besides the standard inability to deal with simple hassles of life.