Monk says temples in Europe will take him: supporter

webfact

So TVisa site is all atheists? Nobody here beliefs in god?

ok to joke about no lives after living? and you pray to a no thing.

You can insul all buddhism because of 1 man who is not a reprisentative of monk.

Make me sad in your west way of knocking where you live. don't like it? trying get used to it if you enjoy what you say you enjoy...

Sunisa. ermm.gif

Only person who insulted Buddhism, is a Thai monk...fact..

• Like 1

France or Germany are not as compliant with such behavior like it can be in Thailand ....I am pretty sure those European temples wont need any embarrassment from such person. He might have some secret Swiss account to be so confident.

He supposedly has several large bank accounts in the states.

Can't say I heard any thing about them being seized.He will never lack for money unless it is taken away from him.

There can be no lower disrespect to Buddhism,than making money from the poor, this should be a criminal case, end of story. Should we expel him or not? will you guys get real, remove all his assets and use it to educate an entire province, i gotta get outa here,makes my blood boil..sick.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gif

Some how I don't think he made it from the poor. He didn't have time for them. You are talking about a man who supposedly moves 20,000,000 baht around every day has who knows how many sports cars a private jet suspected of owning a helicopter.

No I don't think he has time to bleed money out of the poor. Any money they give goes in the day to day cost of running the Wat.

You might want to check with the U S government and see if they have any thing to say about him on their money laundering list.

The man is a crook.

• Like 1

There can be no lower disrespect to Buddhism,than making money from the poor, this should be a criminal case, end of story. Should we expel him or not? will you guys get real, remove all his assets and use it to educate an entire province, i gotta get outa here,makes my blood boil..sick.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gif

Some how I don't think he made it from the poor. He didn't have time for them. You are talking about a man who supposedly moves 20,000,000 baht around every day has who knows how many sports cars a private jet suspected of owning a helicopter.

No I don't think he has time to bleed money out of the poor. Any money they give goes in the day to day cost of running the Wat.

You might want to check with the U S government and see if they have any thing to say about him on their money laundering list.

The man is a crook.

Of course from the poor, all religions got rich that way,he is jus a good manager, when he first started i am sure it was more like 20000Baht moving around..

There are a lot of people on here who keep saying, he's not a monk.. He is a monk, has been a monk for a very long time. And until someone with authority asks him to dis-robe, he's still a monk. And if you go back and read the post, you will see that the Thai Sangkha has no authority on monks outside of Thailand. So, even if somebody in authority in Thailand makes the statement that this man is no longer a monk, this authority only extends to the borders of Thailand.. He can stay a monk in France, Germany, the US, wherever he decides to live. As long as he abides by the laws of those particular countries, he's good to go. A lot of comment has been made about money laundering.. It's pretty evident to me, that this money he's accumalated hasn't come from 20 baht donations from local people, but however, no evidence has come forth about this money being laundered from anyone. So unless some government starts money laundering actions agains't him, he's still good to go. Unless I'm wrong, most if not all this money came to him in Thailand.. So the Thailand government has to start this money laundering charges. So far that hasn't happened.. Am I condoning what he's doing, no, a little jealous maybe, but no. (I need to work on the jealous thingy). It's kind of amazing to me, that all the tv posters on here jump on this guy with both feet. How about all the Christian charlatans we in the West have had over the years? The list is too long to mention, but how about Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swaggart, Paul Crouch, Tammy Faye Bakker, just to mention a few. Thailand doesn't have the monopoly on charlatans. But back to my original statement.. This guy is a monk, has been a monk for a long time, and is still a monk, whether he fits your idea of what a monk should be or not.. So get over it.

• Like 2

He is not a monk. He is a fugitive criminal dress in yellow robe. He never ordained in Ubon, and he does not live by sanskrit, or fully belief in monk life.

He has 22 benz, and a big house in California. Not a monk! Never a monk. He is like a politician, and cover up is like a politician too!

He is not bad for Thailand, because he is not a Buddhism Monk.

Sunisa.

He is not a monk. He is a fugitive criminal dress in yellow robe. He never ordained in Ubon, and he does not live by sanskrit, or fully belief in monk life.

He has 22 benz, and a big house in California. Not a monk! Never a monk. He is like a politician, and cover up is like a politician too!

He is not bad for Thailand, because he is not a Buddhism Monk.

Sunisa.

I agree, he is not a monk in reality. However, Kuhn Sunisalom, he causes loss of face for Thailand because he was able to act as a monk and gain great wealth while living in Thailand, claiming to be a Thai Bhuddist Monk. His followers and the Thai laws/regulations allowed this to happen.

He does not make Thailand loose face.

He himself looses face, dishonours himself.

People like him live all over the world.

Criminals, bankers, priests, lawyers, monks, all of them can be good or bad.\

Where they live is not the issue!

• Like 1

There are a lot of people on here who keep saying, he's not a monk.. He is a monk, has been a monk for a very long time. And until someone with authority asks him to dis-robe, he's still a monk. And if you go back and read the post, you will see that the Thai Sangkha has no authority on monks outside of Thailand. So, even if somebody in authority in Thailand makes the statement that this man is no longer a monk, this authority only extends to the borders of Thailand.. He can stay a monk in France, Germany, the US, wherever he decides to live. As long as he abides by the laws of those particular countries, he's good to go. A lot of comment has been made about money laundering.. It's pretty evident to me, that this money he's accumalated hasn't come from 20 baht donations from local people, but however, no evidence has come forth about this money being laundered from anyone. So unless some government starts money laundering actions agains't him, he's still good to go. Unless I'm wrong, most if not all this money came to him in Thailand.. So the Thailand government has to start this money laundering charges. So far that hasn't happened.. Am I condoning what he's doing, no, a little jealous maybe, but no. (I need to work on the jealous thingy). It's kind of amazing to me, that all the tv posters on here jump on this guy with both feet. How about all the Christian charlatans we in the West have had over the years? The list is too long to mention, but how about Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swaggart, Paul Crouch, Tammy Faye Bakker, just to mention a few. Thailand doesn't have the monopoly on charlatans. But back to my original statement.. This guy is a monk, has been a monk for a long time, and is still a monk, whether he fits your idea of what a monk should be or not.. So get over it.

Agreed but he is a crook also. Had to laugh at the poster who figures it is only 20,000 baht a day he is moving around At 20 baht a visit that would be 1,000 visitors a day and the whole Wat would have to run on no baht's. A day. At 20 baht a visitor how many visitors a day would it take to buy a private 8 seat jet and hire a pilot.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

Agreed but he is a crook also. Had to laugh at the poster who figures it is only 20,000 baht a day he is moving around At 20 baht a visit that would be 1,000 visitors a day and the whole Wat would have to run on no baht's. A day. At 20 baht a visitor how many visitors a day would it take to buy a private 8 seat jet and hire a pilot.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Keep laughing,you are obviously not a business man and will never be a monk...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The other paper is reporting he had been defrocked for sexual offences.

Be interesting to see if he accepts it. As was posted before, The Thai Sangkha (The governing order for monks ordained in Thailand) has no authority outside of Thailand.

Be interesting to see if he accepts it. As was posted before, The Thai Sangkha (The governing order for monks ordained in Thailand) has no authority outside of Thailand.

Well they gave him the robes, just because he keeps wearing them doesn't in my eyes make him anymore a monk. The organisation that have him his title has taken it away.

He's a charlatan.

Well they gave him the robes, just because he keeps wearing them doesn't in my eyes make him anymore a monk. The organisation that have him his title has taken it away.

He's a charlatan.

Well, your partly right.. He is a charlatan.. The Thai Sangkha didn't give him his robes.. He probably got ordained in his home town area by a senior monk in his province. The senior monk who ordained him is called his Upachaya. That's the guy who can ask him to dis-robe. The Thai Sangkha probably put pressure on his Upachaya. Now... his Upachaya probably sent a letter to him, since he's in France, asking him to dis-robe or at least to come back to Thailand to face the charges. Now again, no one in Thailand has any authority outside Thailand, so all they can do is ask him.. They can't make him do anything. You would think there would be some Thai Sangkha authority figure in Europe or the US or the UK or etc and etc. But there isn't.. So as long as he stays out of Thailand, he can pretty much do what he wants as long as he hasn't broken any civil laws. And yes, he is a charlatan.. but he's got a lot of people evidently who believe in him.. so, what you going to do..

• Like 1

He's a charlatan.

Well, your partly right.. He is a charlatan.. The Thai Sangkha didn't give him his robes.. He probably got ordained in his home town area by a senior monk in his province. The senior monk who ordained him is called his Upachaya. That's the guy who can ask him to dis-robe. The Thai Sangkha probably put pressure on his Upachaya. Now... his Upachaya probably sent a letter to him, since he's in France, asking him to dis-robe or at least to come back to Thailand to face the charges. Now again, no one in Thailand has any authority outside Thailand, so all they can do is ask him.. They can't make him do anything. You would think there would be some Thai Sangkha authority figure in Europe or the US or the UK or etc and etc. But there isn't.. So as long as he stays out of Thailand, he can pretty much do what he wants as long as he hasn't broken any civil laws. And yes, he is a charlatan.. but he's got a lot of people evidently who believe in him.. so, what you going to do..

If temples in Europe or elsewhere want to take him fine. Would be interesting to see, that since Thailand is so desperate to get off the laundering list, if they will request international banks to freeze his assets overseas, and try to extradite him.

He's accused of statutory rape. U underage sex. It should be a doddle to extradite him.

If the picture that has been published is to be believed he has allready disrobed himself.

So TVisa site is all atheists? Nobody here beliefs in god?

ok to joke about no lives after living? and you pray to a no thing.

You can insul all buddhism because of 1 man who is not a reprisentative of monk.

Make me sad in your west way of knocking where you live. don't like it? trying get used to it if you enjoy what you say you enjoy...

Sunisa. ermm.gif

Atheists are a minority. Most people in the world hold some sort of belief. Granted there is a lot of agnostics.

The difference between Atheist and Agnostic is an Atheist is close minded on the subject where as an agnostic is open to other ideas. They can become believers

Much is said about the Word God I often wonder if it is just the definition that people are more concerned with. Such as when I was a child in Catholic school I was taught that he was an old man with a long beard holding a staff. I have since developed a belief that in all likely hood is wrong but I am open to change such as when they discovered the God Particle I had to change it.

Many years ago I was in a lot of personal problems caused by abuse of things I should not have been using, An older Gentleman friend helped me out of my problems and set my life on a new path.

During one of are many conversations he told me he was an Atheist but admitted that in the Second World war when his boat was sunk and he found himself in a life raft he did pray.

I Know two atheists and one was in a fox hole and said he did not pray. Who really knows. For myself it is a comfort idea not that I think God will do every thing for me it is more up to me, But science tells us there is no such thing as complete destruction things just change into energy, Now what kind that is the question?

• Like 1

he does not live by sanskrit,

How does someone live by sanskrit?

Sanskrit is a language - and not even the language of the Theravada sect to which that monk supposedly belongs - this is Pali.

Sanskrit is a dialect of Pali, or did you not know? And Pali is a language too, but other dialect.

50 % scriptures was written in Pali and 50% in sanskrit.

You don't live with you're language or words? Strange man.

Sunisa. :(

The man is a crook.

He didn't get all that money from poor people obviously but that doesn't mean he only received money from rich people. My wife said she and her mother and sister gave money to him. They aren't poor but they certainly aren't rich. It's all theft in my eyes.

This is pretty much all a moot point now anyway.. supposedly, he's not a monk anymore and as of last week, was living in his house in California. The US isn't going to throw him out of the country unless they get an extradition order from Thailand and unless he overstays his visa or unless Thailand revokes his passport. Now it's in Thailands court. Of course if they do any of the above, he might head down to Mexico or up to Canada. He appears to have the money to do any of the above. I sincerely doubt he accumulated all this money on his own.. Will the Thai govt. now try to track down these money sources.. doubtful, money talks in Thailand. coffee1.gif

he does not live by sanskrit,

How does someone live by sanskrit?

Sanskrit is a language - and not even the language of the Theravada sect to which that monk supposedly belongs - this is Pali.

Sanskrit is a dialect of Pali, or did you not know? And Pali is a language too, but other dialect.

50 % scriptures was written in Pali and 50% in sanskrit.

You don't live with you're language or words? Strange man.

Sunisa. sad.png

Sunisa,

You should try studying some Buddhism some time - some historical and linguistic aspects. Pali and Sanskrit are related languages but are different - more than dialects.

There are scriptures written in Sanskrit, but the Buddhists in Thailand only accept the Pali scriptures as authoritative. As far as I know there are no Buddhists in Thailand who rely on the Sanskrit scriptures - little has been preserved in Sanskrit anyway,

You also implied above that Buddhists believe in god - and I am sure many Thai Buddhists actually do, but is there any reason to associate this with Buddhism? Is the Buddha some sort of god to you?

Bankei

From the vinaya monastic legal point of view as soon as a monk's male organ touched the labia of a woman (or anus of a man/woman/animal) major the monk is no longer a monk. But generally no one but the particpants of these sexual antics will know. I am sure there are many many monks running around Thailand today who are not really monks because of sexual intercourse. These stories sometimes get out but Buddhists don't like to admit this as it throws into doubt the validity of the ordination lineage.

eg. the English homosexual monk Sangharakshita was ordained in India in the 1950s. He later discovered that most of the monks that ordained him had wives and were therefore no longer monks themselves and therefore his ordination was invalid. He used this to justify himself no longer following the vinaya - but still wearing the robes of a monk