Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

MacWalen

I have just returned to this thread after about a week. It was becoming so boring then. But wow, almost 500 posts relating to a seminar that would not be allowed in any country that proper financial regulation in place. It still however remains to be one of the most boring and pointless threads presently, or ever, on Thaivisa.

One thing Mr Walen is aware of for sure : A fool & his money are easily parted.

Commander I have to disagree with you there .smile.png

There are more than sufficient laws, rules and regulations even here in Thailand to adequately protect the consumer. - particularly with this kind of topic

Even for after the event wink.png

Glad to hear that Asian, but still, I think, lacking the full nanny- state approach that is certainly now in place in Europe and, for that matter, in Singapore. And let's be honest about this; when it comes to what the man in the street should do with regard to investing his money - I have to agree with the nanny-state approach. Do you honestly believe that mr Walen would get permission from the UK's FSA to charge money for the advice he's about to give.

I don't think anyone can answer that as yet because of insufficient informationblink.png

Edited by Asiantravel

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buy you are shit scared that you could be rich too, did I get it right?

I am certain I would not have the money i have had I not exercised prudence in all my business affairssmile.png

Pardon my directness Asian, but I do not believe you have any money. 2,960 Baht is nothing for a day's seminar. You are magnifying it by the factor of 10, at least, like it would make a real dent in your finances.

I am certain I would not have the money i have had I not exercised prudence in all my business affairssmile.png

Pardon my directness Asian, but I do not believe you have any money. 2,960 Baht is nothing for a day's seminar. You are magnifying it by the factor of 10, at least, like it would make a real dent in your finances.

And mine. sad.png

Hate to say this but your English is crap. Sorry, but you are a school of language. And ''shit'' is not a gentlemen s choice of words. sad.png

Pardon my French Transam. I think you begin to like me. wai2.gif

Give the guy a break <deleted>. Good luck to anybody who wants to try and pass knowledge on to others. Why would a contract be needed for a seminar?

For people like me who have no knowledge of investing but have an interest to learn it sounds appealing.......is the wool being pulled over my eyes maybe, 3000 baht is a small price to pay, and who knows it just may be the real deal wink.png

• Like 1

Hate to say this but your English is crap. Sorry, but you are a school of language. And ''shit'' is not a gentlemen s choice of words. sad.png

Pardon my French Transam. I think you begin to like me. wai2.gif

I like everyone. thumbsup.gif

You can be as direct as you like MacWalen.thumbsup.gif

My wealth has been based on ethical business practices all my life and I can sleep very soundly at night with a good conscience. I don't boast about my money. In fact, quite the opposite and I prefer the approach of the farmers from where I come from, where they look penniless but own half the town.laugh.png

You, however, are trying to create a diversion here. I don't care if its 200 ,2000 or 20,000.

The point is, if I am going to give it away and not get value in return I would rather give my money to a more worthy cause.

Give the guy a break <deleted>. Good luck to anybody who wants to try and pass knowledge on to others. Why would a contract be needed for a seminar?

For people like me who have no knowledge of investing but have an interest to learn it sounds appealing.......is the wool being pulled over my eyes maybe, 3000 baht is a small price to pay, and who knows it just may be the real deal wink.png

" Why would a contract be needed for a seminar? "

Good question! He's the one that is going to require it and I suggest you study the fine print and fully understand the document before you sign itsmile.png

• Like 1

Good question! He's the one that is going to require it and I suggest you study the fine print and fully understand the document before you sign itsmile.png

Still not getting you AT? For those who are attending the seminar (Not sure if I am btw), will be listening to the fine arts and basics of investing.....correct? Buy the said Walen teacher? Why would he or the potential customers need to sign anything....its not like state secrets are being passed around.

My take is its just some guy offering to teach people the basic concepts of investing and this course also requires the investment of 3000 baht from anybody wantimng to learn and listen.

Maybe you could post hypothetical contract of what you would expect to see whistling.gif

Still not getting you AT? For those who are attending the seminar (Not sure if I am btw), will be listening to the fine arts and basics of investing.....correct? Buy the said Walen teacher? Why would he or the potential customers need to sign anything....its not like state secrets are being passed around.

My take is its just some guy offering to teach people the basic concepts of investing and this course also requires the investment of 3000 baht from anybody wantimng to learn and listen.

Maybe you could post hypothetical contract of what you would expect to see whistling.gif

If a guy goes there, follows instructions and loses his nest-egg, no problems for McW. Yes/No McW. ?

• Like 1

To give you a brief summary TAF he started off very early in the thread with a response to someone's question saying he would provide a guarantee that people wouldn't lose money by attending this course.

Then later he surprised us all saying that people attending the seminar would be asked to sign a contract. If you look back at the last 21 pages of this thread there have been many requests for a copy of this contract and I even offered today to give him a nondisclosure agreement if he sent a copy by PM to me. But now he doesn't want me to attendfacepalm.gif .sad.png

But I'm not the only one who has asked for a contract and if you look back at some of the previous posts I have explained why it is important for people not to sign something at the door they don't properly understand or have time to read and digest.

It all adds to the mysteryph34r.png

• Like 1

For people like me who have no knowledge of investing but have an interest to learn it sounds appealing.......is the wool being pulled over my eyes maybe, 3000 baht is a small price to pay, and who knows it just may be the real deal xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.Tg-YB9NPfX.webp

Good question! He's the one that is going to require it and I suggest you study the fine print and fully understand the document before you sign itxsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.4tUibSscbZ.webp

Maybe you could post hypothetical contract of what you would expect to see xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.YFbFEjGiN5.w alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

To give you a brief summary TAF he started off very early in the thread with a response to someone's question saying he would provide a guarantee that people wouldn't lose money by attending this course.

Then later he surprised us all saying that people attending the seminar would be asked to sign a contract. If you look back at the last 21 pages of this thread there have been many requests for a copy of this contract and I even offered today to give him a nondisclosure agreement if he sent a copy by PM to me. But now he doesn't want me to attendfacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif width=24 height=18> .xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.7cckm4BQla.webp

But I'm not the only one who has asked for a contract and if you look back at some of the previous posts I have explained why it is important for people not to sign something at the door they don't properly understand or have time to read and digest.

It all adds to the mysteryxph34r.png.pagespeed.ic.qnFdFQwiuO.webp alt=ph34r.png width=20 height=20>

Thanks for the heads up AT....Still would like to see how this seminar pans out. Fair play is people get benefit.

Good question! He's the one that is going to require it and I suggest you study the fine print and fully understand the document before you sign itxsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.4tUibSscbZ.webp

Maybe you could post hypothetical contract of what you would expect to see xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.YFbFEjGiN5.w alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

Then later he surprised us all saying that people attending the seminar would be asked to sign a contract. If you look back at the last 21 pages of this thread there have been many requests for a copy of this contract and I even offered today to give him a nondisclosure agreement if he sent a copy by PM to me. But now he doesn't want me to attendfacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif width=24 height=18> .xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.7cckm4BQla.webp

It all adds to the mysteryxph34r.png.pagespeed.ic.qnFdFQwiuO.webp alt=ph34r.png width=20 height=20>

Thanks for the heads up AT....Still would like to see how this seminar pans out. Fair play is people get benefit.

I will only be able to see it on you tube if rgs does his thinggiggle.gif

• Like 1

how many Chang or Leo for 3,000 Baht on the steps of a 7/11? ohmy.png

• Like 1

For people like me who have no knowledge of investing but have an interest to learn it sounds appealing.......is the wool being pulled over my eyes maybe, 3000 baht is a small price to pay, and who knows it just may be the real deal xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.Tg-YB9NPfX.webp

how many Chang or Leo for 3,000 Baht on the steps of a 7/11? xohmy.png.pagespeed.ic.7X_0A6zR1i.webp alt=ohmy.png width=20 height=20>

Is that where your suggesting the money would be better spent Naam? You of all people I thought would have something positive to add.

how many Chang or Leo for 3,000 Baht on the steps of a 7/11? xohmy.png.pagespeed.ic.7X_0A6zR1i.webp alt=ohmy.png width=20 height=20>

Is that where your suggesting the money would be better spent Naam? You of all people I thought would have something positive to add.

He did. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

It can also buy you just over 3 litres of locally produced, cold pressed flaxseed oil.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Price increased apparently, did not check what it costs now but let's assume 50 Baht per bottle, that would make 60 bottles! Also the chance of networking with likeminded people at the seminar for those savvy ones who think this seminar is such a ripoff has not value. It might be interesting to actually meet people who are interested in investing. Meeting them in a bar is rather hard and chances are they will not even talk to you. It could set you on the right path. If I was not conducting it I would certainly join. Good opportunity to get inspired.

Edited by MacWalen

I am almost tempted to sign up for this seminar, not because I think I will gain anything from it, but to record the seminar presentation on my phone, then stick it up on You Tube.

rgs2001uk, you would stick it on You Tube and what? Also the visual part of the seminar? It is like listening to the soundtrack of a Hollywood movie, not quite the same. You would not have the right to do it but if despite that you did it I would not sue you. I really would not have time for it. It just would show what kind of person you are. I tell you get ready for poverty. I already can picture you drinking the cheapest beer and dreaming about a date as you are heading straight down the path of poverty with this kind of attitude. Unless parents have some inheritance you did not work for. I know a few who wish their parents die so they can get inheritance. You are really getting a reputation as a TV poster. You just lost a lot of points. Nobody would do business with you if they knew you were this kind of person and believe me people know each other and sooner or later they figure out who you are.

I only hope that for your sake, but more so for the people attending your seminar, you are more informed about the product you offer than you are about me.

You know nothing about me, I have said on this very thread already, I am more concerned about wealth protection than I am about wealth creation.

If the SET lost 50% tomorrow I would still be up 100%, how about your good self?

No I am not in line for any sort of inheritance.

As for people figuring out who I am, there are people on here who already know me, people I have worked with previously and people who know my situation.

I and they can assure you I am nowhere near to drinking Changs on a 7 doorstep, they also like me dont suffer from such low self esteem they feel the need to come on here and boast about their wealth.

As an educator you will be aware its common practice for students to record lectures on their phone, to review later, you will also be aware that the 'net is full of informational topics.

You will also be aware debate is healthy, what is it you dont want deabted on the 'net?

FYI, my portfolio consists of a well balanced spread.

50% in properties (that are long since paid for) with the rental income being paid into my bank account, every 3 months or so the capital is then invested in other areas.

The other 50% is made up of, Investment trusts, regualar stocks and shares etc etc.

Over on another thread a poster asked the question, do you have enough money in the bank to keep you going for the next three months, if you lost your job tomorrow, I didnt answer it, however I have enough money in Thailand to keep me going for the next 7 years, but based on spending patterns, more like the next ten years, thats before I even get out of bed in the morning, what about your good self?

Please be aware, we aint all penniless pensioners or TEFLrs.

I learned a long time ago its better to have money work for me, than it is for me to work for money.

Live is for living, enjoy.

I am almost tempted to sign up for this seminar, not because I think I will gain anything from it, but to record the seminar presentation on my phone, then stick it up on You Tube

So explain to us ignorant ones what did you mean by writing this? You thought you would make a fool of me? Or it would would sound so very clever on your part or what? Because I really don't get it.

I am almost tempted to sign up for this seminar, not because I think I will gain anything from it, but to record the seminar presentation on my phone, then stick it up on You Tube

So explain to us ignorant ones what did you mean by writing this? You thought you would make a fool of me? Or it would would sound so very clever on your part or what? Because I really don't get it.

Answered above, debate is healthy.

Why would I try to make a fool of you, I know as much about you as you think you know about me, SFA as seen by your previous attempt to ridicule and belittle me.

You did not sound like that, did you? Now you make a long explanation.

I can only repeat what I said previously, I hope for the sake of those attending your seminar you are able to explain yourself, because the above makes no sense to me whatsoever.

The long explanation was in reply to you knowing FA all about myself or my financial position.

Still waiting on that contract.

MacWalen, being the astute business man you are, would you invest in anything that you know nothing about? I'm sure that before you gave your hard earned cash into any business venture you would investigate the pros and cons of it.

Surely that is all we are doing here, investigating the pros and cons of whether our hard earned is a good investment.

But it seems our due diligence is not what you would like to see. In that regard, you seem a simple snake oil salesman.

Answered above, debate is healthy.

Why would I try to make a fool of you, I know as much about you as you think you know about me, SFA as seen by your previous attempt to ridicule and belittle me.

Words have meaning, maybe next time think more before you post so you do not damage your reputation. No need to provoke negative reactions. There is already too much negativity in this thread.

Hey guys,

In the last year I invested in 2 companies in the Oz stock exchange. I did the following trades...

bought Senex at 0.67

Now 0.83

Bought QBE at 10.70

Now 15.35.

I bought QBE at that time because I had some knowledge of legal issues. I bought Senex because I know a friend that works for them.

Now obviously I know so much about the Aus stock exchange that I am willing to give a 1 day seminar because I am the guru. Cost is only 3000 baht, a feed, and a bar fine for a lucky lady. Cheap at half the price and I don't need the money but want you to feel it is special by charging you for this information.

If it doesn't work out for you financially then you just haven't done your homework. Not my problem.

• Like 1

Still waiting on that contract.

MacWalen, being the astute business man you are, would you invest in anything that you know nothing about? I'm sure that before you gave your hard earned cash into any business venture you would investigate the pros and cons of it.

Surely that is all we are doing here, investigating the pros and cons of whether our hard earned is a good investment.

But it seems our due diligence is not what you would like to see. In that regard, you seem a simple snake oil salesman.

This contract has not much bearing on what I teach. I am working on the exact wording, this thread gave me a lot of food for thought. The main point will be that Walen Education does not accept any responsibility for your investment decisions and the seminar is purely educational. That you were informed of the risks involved etc. As so many of you make an issue of it I will make sure we cover all the points.

So I would like you guys to advise me what things bother you the most so I can put them in the contract. That will also show if you actually understand what the seminar is all about as it seems that a large percentage of posters is twisting the purpose of the seminar.