Red Bull scion faces arrest warrant over hit-and-run

Lite Beer

This guy has gone...............not coming back.....has plenty of cash .................can live anywhere

Thai justice only counts if you are not a hi so, smart to oppose bail while he is out of the country though , probably has the house next to taxin clap2.gifcheesy.gif ......................coffee1.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lock him up !

Beat him up & lock him up with Bubba. This country needs an example of an actual follow-through on justice in regards to rich kids who weren't raised right.

Things like this go on in society because the general public has tolerated it. The locals really need a dose of courage, and not just 500 baht motivating factor to take a stand against total BS by leaders.

Edited by gemini81

The main papers only paying lip service does not help either, i presume they have been given incentive to only provide minor coverage.

Did The Nation or the BKK Post have articles on this latest development???

Everyone's known for days that this deadline was coming in the case, so it was hardly any secret.

I found it a bit odd that it was the AFP report that got posted as the OP in this thread.

Ahh... The Nation did have a report..dated yesterday.

Vorayuth pleads illness, evades prosecutor
Kesinee Taengkhiao

The Nation

September 3, 2013 1:00 am

Lawyers for Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya, the 28-year-old Red Bull heir wanted in connection with a hit-and-run crash that killed a motorbike policeman exactly a year ago, told public prosecutors that Vorayuth was sick in Singapore and hence unable to show up to hear charges against him yesterday.

Lawyer Tanit Buakhiao met with Bangkok South Criminal Court prosecutor Reucha Kraireuk, in charge of the case, at 3pm and said that Vorayuth had left Thailand last Thursday for a business trip but had suddenly fallen ill and so was unable to travel back. Tanit delivered a medical certificate from his client's doctors and said that, after resting for 2-3 days as they had recommended, Vorayuth would return to Thailand to meet with the prosecutor.

Reucha said he would today ask police investigators to secure an arrest warrant for Vorayuth, who is accused of involvement in the September 3, 2012 crash that killed Police Senior Sergeant-Maj Wichian Klanprasert.

Reucha said the prosecutors planned to object to any request for bail for the Red Bull heir when he is presented to court for trial. Vorayuth faces two charges: causing death and damage to property through reckless driving, and failing to stop and assist the victim. An additional charge of speeding would be dropped, as the statute of limitation expired today, said Reucha.

No mention of the drunken driving/DUI charge?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Vorayuth-pleads-illness-evades-prosecutor-30214014.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

"He said his office would oppose bail as Worayuth had failed to appear five times."

Yes, but would they "vow" to do something?

Further on this point, he failed to appear 3 or 4 times before he left for Singapore, how come after the third or even the second no show he wasn't put on a 'no exit' list?

Stinks to high heaven in every aspect.

Reucha said he would today ask police investigators to secure an arrest warrant for Vorayuth, who is accused of involvement in the September 3, 2012 crash that killed Police Senior Sergeant-Maj Wichian Klanprasert.

Presumably the BIB will respond with the same speed and efficiency that has been consistently shown in the entirety of their prior handling of this case...including the inaction that led to the speeding charge being dropped due to the statute of limitation expiring.

Charges of drunk driving and speeding have been dropped because he was drunk while speeding..once again I get the thai logic.

By the way dont worry about him keep failing to show up at court. He is on "holiday" so it's understandable.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

He is a member of the Elite Class of Thailand who enjoy privilege and status beyond western comprehension. Nothing will happen. Time is on his side. TIT.

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah, and the death penalty is only for poor people or falang.

This guy won't do any goal time, pay compensation to the dead man's family and that should be it.

And yes buy a new Ferrari for the one that got broke.

"Prosecutors said they dropped charges of speeding against him because the one-year statute of limitations ran out on Tuesday.

Mr Vorayuth has two other charges against him, and prosecutors said they would issue a warrant for his arrest. But in a case that has been described as a test of whether the rich and influential enjoy more leniency than others, critics say the system so far is coming up short.

Advertisement

This week was the sixth time that Mr Vorayuth had failed to answer summonses at prosecutors' offices. His lawyer said he was in Singapore on a business trip and sick with the flu.

Mr Vorayuth, who is in his late 20s, faces the more serious charges of causing death through reckless driving and failing to stop and assist the victim. He fled the scene after hitting the police officer, Wichean Glanprasert, so investigating officers followed traces of leaking engine fluids to the family's luxury compound, where they discovered the damaged Ferrari.

Bangkok police commissioner Comronwit Toopgrajank took charge of the case and Mr Vorayuth was taken into custody but released on bail of about $17,300."

$17,300 bail is a joke.

Not many believers in innocent until proven guilty here are there.

You are referring to the "Presumption of Innocence", whereby Prosecutors bear the weight of proving a person to be guilty?

There is nothing else to that. It's something that occurs in a Courtroom during trial....not a given right on the street. Especially not here. I suppose there are many innocent people in jail (frameups/cover ups, etc), whom were never presumed innocent in court, and many guilty ones that are free.

Am I to presume somebody is innocent? I hope not, my life could be at stake. We all tend to treat people with suspicion and keep them at a distance.....but we have no power to punish, as a court does. It's totally different.

I am afraid it could go any which-away around.

• Like 1

Drink driving has been dropped because he failed a drink/drugs test?

What a joke. If he had been a truck driving from Ubon he would be serving 10-20 as we speak.

Amazing Thailand.

Are the Red Bull F1 team aware of the amazing PR they are receiving in Asia? The BBC and The Guardian carried the story today.

When do you ever hear Red Bull Racing mention their Thai connection?

I doubt if most F1 fans even know about it.

You don't and F1 fans have no idea that the little Red Bull boy is a killer on the loose.

Plus most Thais only know it as Krating Daeng.

I am a F1 fan. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Nickymaster

What a disgrace for Thailand.

However, if I was in this scumbag's shoes I would probably have done exactly the same on the advice of my expensive lawyers. The problem lies in the legal system that allows the time lapse, non-appearance in court, excuses, lack of implementation and easy peasy bail without removal of passports etc. etc etc. The police who have repeatedly failed to come up with enough evidence for the prosecutors to act, despite their promise to pursue this scumbag, have also a lot to answer for. And finally, the archaic practice of paying off the victim's family before a trial is one of the worst offences, even though I do realise the family of the victim need to survive. If the court cases were conducted timely, they could wait until compensation was decided by the courts.

Edited by Card
  • Like 1

However, if I was in this scumbag's shoes I would probably have done exactly the same on the advice of my expensive lawyers. The problem lies in the legal system that allows the time lapse, non-appearance in court, excuses, lack of implementation and easy peasy bail without removal of passports etc. etc etc. The police who have repeatedly failed to come up with enough evidence for the prosecutors to act, despite their promise to pursue this scumbag, have also a lot to answer for. And finally, the archaic practice of paying off the victim's family before a trial is one of the worst offences, even though I do realise the family of the victim need to survive. If the court cases were conducted timely, they could wait until compensation was decided by the courts.

As much as i despise the system, if he does decide to stay away and not return, i dont think he will have a happy life. Regardless of what it might look like on the onside, and the opportunities his wealth gives him to lead a comfortable life wherever he chooses, this will stay with him forever, and many people will never be able to look him in the eye again. It does not sound much, but going through life living like that cannot be easy. Plus the fact that he wont be able to come home for 15 years- which might not sound much but he is Thai, and they do love Thailand.

If i was him i would just come home and face the music. It is 99% certain he will get off anyway, and at least if he does that he can sort of hold his head up and say he was found innocent in the court of law.

• Like 1

I think he has Asian bird brain flew. Using twisted Thai judicial system logic, it could be argued that his leaving and getting sick is proof of his innocence, since it is common knowledge that he would never be convicted or serve jail time.

Drink driving has been dropped because he failed a drink/drugs test?

What a joke. If he had been a truck driving from Ubon he would be serving 10-20 as we speak.

Amazing Thailand.

Are the Red Bull F1 team aware of the amazing PR they are receiving in Asia? The BBC and The Guardian carried the story today.

When do you ever hear Red Bull Racing mention their Thai connection?

I doubt if most F1 fans even know about it.

Why not everyone start "Twittering" all the F1 Teams with all this info... Sure to be picked up By Media and Fans alike. If I was a fan of Budwiser and I got the info... I would be sure everyone I knew and more got it too... What Better way to demoralize "Red Bulls Team" and force a positive response to this issue!

We all talk about maybe they not know... So make sure thet do!

• Like 2

As much as i despise the system, if he does decide to stay away and not return, i dont think he will have a happy life. Regardless of what it might look like on the onside, and the opportunities his wealth gives him to lead a comfortable life wherever he chooses, this will stay with him forever, and many people will never be able to look him in the eye again. It does not sound much, but going through life living like that cannot be easy. Plus the fact that he wont be able to come home for 15 years- which might not sound much but he is Thai, and they do love Thailand.

If i was him i would just come home and face the music. It is 99% certain he will get off anyway, and at least if he does that he can sort of hold his head up and say he was found innocent in the court of law.

Amen!