Roadside assistance

dogpoo

Okay I give up!! 21st century and this major roadside assistance company have no way of finding you other than you talking to local people, try doing that in many parts of this country where the only thing you might be able to find is a buffalo!! Plan B worry about it when it happens!!

They do not accept a GPS location you give them on telephone? You have to give them "the address"? That would be funny in the middle of nowhere at 2am smile.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay I give up!! 21st century and this major roadside assistance company have no way of finding you other than you talking to local people, try doing that in many parts of this country where the only thing you might be able to find is a buffalo!! Plan B worry about it when it happens!!

They do not accept a GPS location you give them on telephone? You have to give them "the address"? That would be funny in the middle of nowhere at 2am smile.png

I dident ask them about GPS but if they do not offer mobile phone tracking I doubt they would offer GPS tracking, not everyone has a GPS device of course, I am only concerned about a puncture which I have never had, I have tubless tire repair tools and the plugs, never used them so it will be a trip to my local tire place to get them to show me how to use, they know me so it will not be a problem, I also have a mini air compressor which connects to the battery terminals, so I should be okay if it hapens, hopefully it never does but on these roads you never know, cheers for all the advice so far, this country is so annoying sometimes but still better here than the UK!!

I dident ask them about GPS but if they do not offer mobile phone tracking I doubt they would offer GPS tracking, not everyone has a GPS device of course, I am only concerned about a puncture which I have never had, I have tubless tire repair tools and the plugs, never used them so it will be a trip to my local tire place to get them to show me how to use, they know me so it will not be a problem, I also have a mini air compressor which connects to the battery terminals, so I should be okay if it hapens, hopefully it never does but on these roads you never know, cheers for all the advice so far, this country is so annoying sometimes but still better here than the UK!!

Just look into slime it might be good for you.

As for roadside assistance if your real far from home at their rates its better to try to make a deal with a local. It is something I have thought about but I am sure that for 5000 bt you could get your bike home from almost anywhere if you really wanted. Anyway you got a bike that can be fixed at many places. I got a big kawasaki they are a bit harder to fix, found that out when I had a flat tire.

Just look into slime it might be good for you.

As for roadside assistance if your real far from home at their rates its better to try to make a deal with a local. It is something I have thought about but I am sure that for 5000 bt you could get your bike home from almost anywhere if you really wanted. Anyway you got a bike that can be fixed at many places. I got a big kawasaki they are a bit harder to fix, found that out when I had a flat tire.

cheers, I am only concerned about a puncture, I can fix by myself if I have too, again never ever had a puncture but who knows what is waiting.!! I will get the gf to write things down as suggested by another poster just in case I have to ask for help, probably will never happen, hopefuly!!

CWC with a prearanged form can send someone to the location of your mobile phone.

I have talked to them, they do not have the technology to track you via your mobile phone!!

CWC with a prearanged form can send someone to the location of your mobile phone.

I have talked to them, they do not have the technology to track you via your mobile phone!!

http://www.cwc.co.th/cwc/smartmobile.html

Lost for words, man said we do not have the application to track your mobile phone!!!

Lost for words, man said we do not have the application to track your mobile phone!!!

sorry this relates to another assistance company!

If it's of any comfort to you I have been in the situation where I had a puncture on my ER6N on a 'red road' in the middle of nowhere and fixed it in a very short time using a tubeless tyre repair kit that utilises rubber wicks. Re-inflating the tyre using my mini hand pump was the hardest part of the process. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that show how it's done.

If it's of any comfort to you I have been in the situation where I had a puncture on my ER6N on a 'red road' in the middle of nowhere and fixed it in a very short time using a tubeless tyre repair kit that utilises rubber wicks. Re-inflating the tyre using my mini hand pump was the hardest part of the process. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that show how it's done.

Cheers mate appreciate that, I will look for a mini hand pump, is it possible for you to post a picture, where did you get from, yes I have the repair tools and the long oblong plugs, I will go to my tire place and get them to show me how to use!

I think things have got a bit confusing so here are the facts, I called Alliance/ Mondial they have assistance but are unable to locate your position via your mobile phone, it's up to you to tell them where you are! CWC no longer offer motorbike assistance and have not done for many years, they say they are unable to update there web site!!

Just watched a very good u tube video on repairing a puncture, excellent! the tools I have are big as they are the ones the tire places use, I will have a trip out tomorrow and find a repair kit for motorbikes, thanks again!!

I am thinking of putting slime in my tires it will repair a puncture automatically.

Explain this slime stuff, where do you buy from, how long does it last for in the tire?

This link will answer both questions as it is a link to a thai party and it explains how it works. I believe its an american product.

http://www.pandarider.com/Panda/Product_Slime.htm

I am thinking of putting slime in my tires it will repair a puncture automatically.

Explain this slime stuff, where do you buy from, how long does it last for in the tire?

This link will answer both questions as it is a link to a thai party and it explains how it works. I believe its an american product.

Says it lasts for 2 yrs, an you buy here in Thailand?

Says it lasts for 2 yrs, an you buy here in Thailand?
sorry yes you can from Panda rider, doh!!

It may make the tyre virtually non repairable after using it. I had a can go off that I was carrying under the seat....one ruined jacket...various items and you could smell the bike from a mile off for the next 6 months.

I would buy new tires after a flat.. i mean I got a performance bike. I would not want to ride too much on a repaired tyre.

Can anyone confirm me, I read on FB group that Honda Big wing provides roadside assistance anywhere in TH. What is the phone number in case of breakdown?

It is with Mondial, if you google Mondial assistance Thailand you will get all the information you want, the number for assistance is 023058501

• 8 months later...

Car World Club intoernet site is Blocked by most web browsers.

Been with them fior a few years now. Usually my Thai friend arranges things. Tried calling them today to change details and they just transferred me to a dead line - 4 times.

I will not be renewing as they are unable to support English speaking cutomerws. NOT RECOMMENDED

My Citibank Thailand Credit Card certainly gives me road side assistance, but I assumed it would be for cars only. I'll have a look at the paperwork and see if it says anything about bikes.

Edited by Overandout