Former Australian rugby league player in drugs scandal may be on Phuket

webfact

Former Australian rugby league player in drugs scandal may be on Phuket

PHUKET: -- A man at the centre of a Australian rugby league drugs scandal is reportedly on Phuket.

Australian media have reported that former National Rugby League (NRL) Sydney Roosters junior Ben Darcy is the latest to become involved in an ongoing Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) investigation, and may have fled from Australia to Phuket.

The links to Darcy emerged over the course of ASADA’s investigation into Sydney Roosters winger Sandor Earl, who is facing a four-year ban after admitting to trafficking and use of banned peptides.

The Australian newspaper reported the good friends met up in Thailand, likely in Phuket, just days after Earl made his confession to the ASADA on August 28 this year.

There are reports that Mr Earl is also on Phuket. He was photographed in June this year while training at the Tiger Muay Thai camp in Chalong.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/former-australian-rugby-league-player-in-drugs-scandal-may-be-on-phuket-42101.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-26

Never heard of the guy and I'm an Aussie but then again rugby is only played in two states of Australia being Queensland and New South Wales unlike football which is the major game.

If they find him not much will happen to him, James Hird from the Essendon Football club only got a 12 month suspension from the league for the same thing a slap on the wrist really. Still receiving payments from the club during his suspension.

He was photographed in June this year while training at the Tiger Muay Thai camp in Chalong.

Just a thought . . . that might be a good place to start looking for him . . .

Why would they be looking for him? To my knowledge, he has not committed a criminal offence.

Sandor Earl is facing a 4 year ban for drug trafficking and drug use. Ben Darcy has also been implicated in the same scandal. Both have fled the Australian authorities. Both are supposed to be or have been in Phuket recently. Clear now?

is facing a four-year ban after admitting to trafficking and use of banned peptides. - See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/former-australian-rugby-league-player-in-drugs-scandal-may-be-on-phuket-42101.php#sthash.Bd0irg7S.dpuf
Sandor Earl
Sandor Earl
Sandor Earl

Never heard of the guy and I'm an Aussie but then again rugby is only played in two states of Australia being Queensland and New South Wales unlike football which is the major game.

If they find him not much will happen to him, James Hird from the Essendon Football club only got a 12 month suspension from the league for the same thing a slap on the wrist really. Still receiving payments from the club during his suspension.

I guess you never heard of the Melbourne Storm?

He was photographed in June this year while training at the Tiger Muay Thai camp in Chalong.

Just a thought . . . that might be a good place to start looking for him . . .

Why would they be looking for him? To my knowledge, he has not committed a criminal offence.

Sandor Earl is facing a 4 year ban for drug trafficking and drug use. Ben Darcy has also been implicated in the same scandal. Both have fled the Australian authorities. Both are supposed to be or have been in Phuket recently. Clear now?

is facing a four-year ban after admitting to trafficking and use of banned peptides. - See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/former-australian-rugby-league-player-in-drugs-scandal-may-be-on-phuket-42101.php#sthash.Bd0irg7S.dpuf
Sandor Earl
Sandor Earl
Sandor Earl

Is a "4 year ban" a 4 year gaol sentence????

Is Lance Armstrong in gaol?

The sporting body may be looking for him to slap a ban on him, but they are not the police and judicial system.

So why would Thai Police be looking for him on Phuket? To my knowledge, the Australian pollce have not issued a warrant for his arrest.

Don't confuse "drug trafficking" with "drug cheating" in sport.

Clear now?

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

Why do people refer to "football" as their game. What is football, is it soccer, Aust Rules, or Rugby Union? (seeing it is obviously NOT Rugby League)

I would like to think fooball is the game in which one kicks the ball with feet.

Why do people refer to "football" as their game. What is football, is it soccer, Aust Rules, or Rugby Union? (seeing it is obviously NOT Rugby League)

If you lived in the UK, it would be soccer.

If you lived in NZ, it would be Rugby Union

If you lived in Melbourne, it would be Australian Rules (commonly called aerial ping pong played by characters in short nickers)

I believe Rugby League is the most common form of "football" in Australia.

However real men play Rugby Union!

Rugby is isolated to two states where as the football is National. Does rugby even get broadcasted on Television outside of Sydney? I know the AFL is shown at least 5 times per week across the Asia Pacific Region on the Australia Network but they do not broadcast rugby basically because it doesn't have the following football has. They are even proposing a public holiday for the Friday before the grandfinal, now the game has to be pretty big for that.

Melbourne is the sporting capital of the Asia Pacific region with major sporting events like the AFL, Melbourne Cup, Australian Open, Boxing Day Test and the Grand Prix, all the big and elite sports are there and at the moment rugby hasn't cut it. Let's see what does Sydney have ummm, damn that's hard oh yes Mardi Gra where the Rugby players get to strut their stuff on the stage.thumbsup.gif

I love the cross border rivalry.

Yea I've heard of Melbourne Storm but I'm not into soccer, a non contact sport. I find it slow and extremely boring. More excitement at a local grass growing competition. It's a little like rugby very slow and puts you to sleep.

Darcy never played first grade...just a fringe player who never made it.

It is his friendships with several first grade Rugby league players and the introductions he might have been given through that which seem to be of interest

Yea I've heard of Melbourne Storm but I'm not into soccer, a non contact sport. I find it slow and extremely boring. More excitement at a local grass growing competition. It's a little like rugby very slow and puts you to sleep.
Lol. Nice try chooka. Billy Slater is not slow but he does kick the ball sometimes.
  • Like 1

Lol. Nice try chooka. Billy Slater is not slow but he does kick the ball sometimes.

I have played mess rugby in the Sgt's mess in the army after a few beers, move a few tables and chairs out the way, grab a cabbage from the kitchen and no rules. A bit of broken furniture and a pissed off RSM the next day because he wasn't invited.

• Like 1

If you lived in Melbourne, it would be Australian Rules (commonly called aerial ping pong played by characters in short nickers)

Not even close, NRL is the poor relation of AFL when it comes to Football codes, Union, though possibly not as popular as NRL has a wider representation throughout Australia.

My two bob's worth. Soccer has a lot more foot involvement, but it also has heads (Anyone for foot and headball?). Both rugbys handle the ball a lot but kick it occasionally, apart from penalty heavy games when kicking is more common. Aussie Rules clubs were incorporated in 1858 & 1859 and after, much before soccer & league, so Aussie rules has prior dibs to the footy title in its home areas. If you like old pommie games better, that is O.K., but refrain from calling soccer football (fusbal, futbal et al) in Aussie rules states. All the games have their moments. I like the highlights of soccer matches and I have seen good rugby games of each variety, but I grew up with rules and that is where the heart is.

I would suggest you become better informed, the highest participation is soccer, followed by Australian rules (the most successful) then Rugby League and then Union I believe

I would suggest you become better informed, the highest participation is soccer, followed by Australian rules (the most successful) then Rugby League and then Union I believe

Why?.. its better this way. who in their right mind would let the truth get in the way of a good stoush.... An' chooka, I was warmin' up ta ya 'til the Mexican bit. You'se are a little sheltered down there aren't ya..lol