Thai PM attends APEC 2013 in Bali

Lite Beer

Thai PM attends APEC 2013 in Bali
By English News

13810359502899-640x390x2.png

BANGKOK, Oct 6 - Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra left Bangkok today for the 21st APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting in Bali, Indonesia and will also meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the summit.

The Thai premier will attend the three-day summit in the Indonesian island resort which is being held under the theme “Resilient Asia-Pacific, Engine of Global Growth”.

APEC 2013 would seek to ensure that Asia-Pacific maintains its robust economic growth and resilience, and is able to swiftly recover from shocks and contagions from other regions.

This theme is further translated into three priorities: the attainment of the Bogor Goals, the achievement of sustainable growth with equity, and the promotion of connectivity.

Ms Yingluck said before her departure that Thailand will present its Bt2 trillion infrastructure investment which will promote regional connectivity within five to seven years. The development of the Dawei deep sea port is an example of Thailand's efforts to connect itself to neighbours, while Myanmar also discusses land linkage with India. This means that Thailand could soon connect to India via Myanmar.

She said Thailand hopes every other country will also quickly seek to provide more connectivity channels.

On this occasion, the premier said she will meet with leading CEOs from several countries in order to answer their questions and build more confidence among them to invest in the kingdom.

Ms Yingluck said she will hold a bilateral talk with Chinese President Xi Jingping focusing on continued cooperation between the two countries, as well as inviting the Chinese leader to officially visit Thailand.

After APEC Summit, Ms Yingluck was also scheduled to attend the 23rd ASEAN Summit held in Brunei during October 9-10. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-10-06

I hope she has got a new set of speech writers. Preferably ones who attended a real school sorry as they may be rather than a red shirt school on Democracy with a gun.

I think that the novelty of a Thai female as PM has worn off and they will listen to what she has to say, On the other hand maybe it will be the same old nonsense as fed to her by skype.

I could very easily be wrong but I thought the Dawei deep sea port did not include Thailand any more.

Would appreciate the reality on that. As I say I am not up on it. some thing about Japan financing it.

Keeps her out of the country - no need to get involved with the flood, economic and legislative issues. Easier to just issue instructions.

ly

Hope she remembers to pack the Mama Noodles and dried squid, just in case.

She not even issue orders .... he brother does that for her

Why she at APEC ... it is for leaders only

On this occasion, the premier said she will meet with leading CEOs from several countries in order to answer their questions and build more confidence among them to invest in the kingdom.

I presume these leading CEO's have been given a list of questions they're allowed to ask?...or she'll be off like a rat up a drainpipe...with a smile of course tongue.png

• Like 1