Man kills Thai woman for having new boyfriend 'too soon'

webfact

Man Kills Woman For Having New Boyfriend 'Too Soon'

By Khaosod Online

man.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A man reportedly shot his ex-girlfriend to death in a shopping mall because she had a new boyfriend.

Police arrested Mr. Boonlert Ladlod, 35, from Mueang District, Chumphon province, in connection with the murder of Ms. Piyakron Homlarp, 34, a resident in Thasae district.

Initial investigation suggested that the victim was a worker in a coffee shop inside Chumphon′s branch of Tesco Lotus.

CCTV camera had recorded the time when Mr. Boonlert allegedly fled the scene by his motorcycle. The image of Mr. Boonlert captured in the CCTV was later confirmed by witnesses that he was the alleged murder.

The man then confessed of murder, after the police pressed charge against him.

Explaining his motives, Mr. Boonlert said that he and Ms. Piyakorn decided to end their two-year relationship prior to the incident, and Ms. Piyakorn promised she would not date any other man until Mr. Boonlert is over her.

However, Mr. Boonlert believed that Ms. Piyakorn broke the promise, as he had seen her with another man in the mall. He felt insulted by the sight, and decided to commit the crime.

The alleged murderer said he threw the gun in Tha Taphao canal, but the police had yet found it.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE1UUXlOalV6T1E9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-10-11

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the cctv footage yesterday. He calmly walked up behind her while she was seated with another male in Tesco Lotus and shot her from behind then strolled away. The cctv footage shows her still alive and maybe 10 seconds later the killer reappears and puts another bullet in her. Very disturbing.....

• Like 1

What a disgusting individual - whilst many people go through break -ups, and get very angry the fact that he appears to have killed her in cold blood, suggest to me that the ultimate sentence is worthy.

• Like 2

RIght, so he walks into a crowded mall full of CCTVs and he thinks that throwing the gun in a canal will save him? Not the brightest I'd say.

RIP the poor young woman. Condolences to her family. A tradgedy that she ever crossed paths with this 'man'.

Thailand is all about saving face. Image is the most important thing in thai culture. She made him look bad and his culture demanded revenge. Not unlike in India where a man will kill his wife for asking for a divorce or a Muslim father will kill a daughter if she marries a Christian or embarrasses the family.

Is it really that face-saving thing again? For the life of me I cannot understand how what this man did and how he did it will save/restore his face with his fellow Thais.

I think most Thais will be just as appalled by this as us foreigners.

If it is a cultural thing, where is it taught? How and where do Thais pick this up? Cannot be just Thai TV soaps.

I think this guy is just a scum lowlife, and not a bright one at that.

• Like 1

Why didn't he just kill himself?

Perhaps he thinks he can do his 18 months in prison and when he gets out he'll have all his face and she won't be dating any other men. Other than 18 months in prison he does't have a penalty. Sure, he may spend a bit more time, but I'll bet not much more time than that.

• Like 1

It's not about "culture". But a madman who can't control his feelings.

This exist in all countries.

Yeah, I have to agree. Thais are really bad with jealousy, but the ugly emotion of jealousy--including in ridiculous extreme forms such as this--can be found in all countries and cultures, and among all socioeconomic classes.

It's so sad, too, because there is nothing "natural" about jealousy (humans have only been "monogamous" for a tiny portion of their existence...read Sex At Dawn if you'd like to know more about this), and it CAN be unlearned. It's all based on the idea that one can somehow possess another person...and you just can't. Unfortunately, it is possible to kill a person you realize you can't possess...if you let jealousy overtake you.

I know this is nowhere near the magnitude of this unfortunate event, but this whole "having a new boyfriend too soon" angle reminds me of a girl (American) who dumped me about 20 years ago...in about a month, I had met another girl, and, as I was "remaining friends" with the one who dumped me, I told her. She got very pissed off at me (remember...SHE dumped ME), saying "well...if you could fall for someone else so soon, that makes me think you never really cared that much for me...!" Can you believe that madness?!

The world is full of screwed-up people with weird and destructive agendas.

• Like 1

I saw the cctv footage yesterday. He calmly walked up behind her while she was seated with another male in Tesco Lotus and shot her from behind then strolled away. The cctv footage shows her still alive and maybe 10 seconds later the killer reappears and puts another bullet in her. Very disturbing.....

Wow, thats cold, calculated murder. Very sad.

It may exist in all countries but here it shows its ugly face a lot more often !

I hate to admit it but Thailand isn't the only place where this happens often. I love my country (America) but domestic killings happen very often and thanks to the availability of guns it is far to easy to accomplish

It may exist in all countries but here it shows its ugly face a lot more often !

I hate to admit it but Thailand isn't the only place where this happens often. I love my country (America) but domestic killings happen very often and thanks to the availability of guns it is far to easy to accomplish

I'm from the states too. This stuff happens all the time everywhere. We have had two shooting sprees recently. Doesnt happen often in Thailand.

Not about face. Just a jealous insecure guy with a firearm. It isnt a Thai thing.

I can't say as I agree with you, but if we view this as an isolated incident, and support that by putting on blinders before we look around at other nations, then your narrow view of Thai culture might have some merit to it and indeed: isolated incidences such as this exist in all countries.

However: if we view this as a general behavior among Thais, take off our blinders, and support that with reported news events and our own personal experiences and testimony of the Thai general behavior, then you are dead wrong.

It is about culture. It is about a culture which became manifest by a mass population of lunatics, and subsequently etched in stone with the label, "Thai Culture".

If you do not understand this, and it is apparent you do not, then it is useless to explain further. This post is merely to set the record back on the right track when it comes to keeping the "very thin line between black and white with these people" at the forefront of surviving here in SEA.

This is merely my inference on the matter.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have to agree. Thais are really bad with jealousy, but the ugly emotion of jealousy--including in ridiculous extreme forms such as this--can be found in all countries and cultures, and among all socioeconomic classes.

It's so sad, too, because there is nothing "natural" about jealousy (humans have only been "monogamous" for a tiny portion of their existence...read Sex At Dawn if you'd like to know more about this), and it CAN be unlearned. It's all based on the idea that one can somehow possess another person...and you just can't. Unfortunately, it is possible to kill a person you realize you can't possess...if you let jealousy overtake you.

I know this is nowhere near the magnitude of this unfortunate event, but this whole "having a new boyfriend too soon" angle reminds me of a girl (American) who dumped me about 20 years ago...in about a month, I had met another girl, and, as I was "remaining friends" with the one who dumped me, I told her. She got very pissed off at me (remember...SHE dumped ME), saying "well...if you could fall for someone else so soon, that makes me think you never really cared that much for me...!" Can you believe that madness?!

The world is full of screwed-up people with weird and destructive agendas.

Human males have only been monogamous for a relatively short time yes, but I believe usually the females (back when we were monkeys) only had sex with the strongest male, and that this male would beat or kill any other male that approached his group of females. So in short, the murderer in the OP is just a monkey or very early human. Remember also that Thailand is still a few decades behind the west when it comes to most issues, and some Thais, like the guy in the OP, unfortunately seem to be several millenia behind :-)

He has admitted the crime so automatic avoidance of any death sentence. Then the judge will consider that indeed, the ex-girlfriend did break her word and thus dishonored him and for that, it is only fair and reasonable that a suspended sentence be handed down.

Thailand, home of totally implausible deniability... for men.

• Like 1

Thailand is all about saving face. Image is the most important thing in thai culture. She made him look bad and his culture demanded revenge. Not unlike in India where a man will kill his wife for asking for a divorce or a Muslim father will kill a daughter if she marries a Christian or embarrasses the family.

Is it really that face-saving thing again? For the life of me I cannot understand how what this man did and how he did it will save/restore his face with his fellow Thais.

I think most Thais will be just as appalled by this as us foreigners.

If it is a cultural thing, where is it taught? How and where do Thais pick this up? Cannot be just Thai TV soaps.

I think this guy is just a scum lowlife, and not a bright one at that.

You assume that 35 y.o. Thai (indeed several Asian countries, to be fair) men are grown-up, responsible, self-confident individuals who don't care about "face" but only about "reality"....huge assumption.