Pimping A Fortuner

pete98

I am planning to buy a Toyota Fortuner. Since I don't need 7 seats and will be having a driver I was thinking of removing the rear seats and installing some better ones with more legroom. Perhaps also add some extra leather and wood trim, minibar :o , an LCD screen, DVD player etc.

Has anyone had this kind of work done in Bangkok? Can you point me in the direction of a good shop? And what would be the approximate cost (including the work and new seats, but excluding electronics, which I guess depend on which make and quality you go for).

Any advice would be appreciated.

I just pimped up a white Fortuner for a client with EVERYTHING, the works, wheels, outside trim, bumpers, cladding, twin screen DVD, intra red VDO games, rear camera, Garmin GPS the works.

Did the Accessories at our usual place on Udom Suk, and the stereo at a place round the corner on Sri- Nakarin.

Cost for stereo and GPS: 160,000 Baht

Cost for accessories, wheels etc, 120,000 Baht

• 2 weeks later...

A much belated thanks for the info (I have been out of the country). Does the place you mention do interior work also (costum seats, upholstry, etc.)? If so can you give me the name/adress?

Best regards, Pete

Edited by pete98

For 4x4 accesories, inside and out, 4x4 Pro-Shop, Corner of Sri-Nakarin and Udom-Suk (Suk Soi 103), they've got everything for a Fortuner, and cheap.

For stereos, I use a shop on Sri-Nakarin road, Siam Technic, they've got everything and excellent fitting service.

PM me if you want more info. I'll post some photos of my Fortuner set up if you like.

For 4x4 accesories, inside and out, 4x4 Pro-Shop, Corner of Sri-Nakarin and Udom-Suk (Suk Soi 103), they've got everything for a Fortuner, and cheap.

For stereos, I use a shop on Sri-Nakarin road, Siam Technic, they've got everything and excellent fitting service.

PM me if you want more info. I'll post some photos of my Fortuner set up if you like.

Hi Terdsak

please put the photos in here, i am sure that there is a few there want to see it, Thanks

That looks awesome! Does it bugger up the Fortuner warranty?

Can I get that system with a GPS fed to the front screen? Let me know and you got yourself another client if you want (subject to that warranty question).

Can you attach that iPod bracket and the cable, without having to change the original stereo? and without drilling any hole on the dash?

And what is the minimum I can spend if I want a rear-view video camera for reverse? Can I just attach a small LCD screen without having to change the original stereo?

I went to the New Fiber Pro Shop yesterday, but they were closed. :o

Edited by Nordlys

Terdsak, nice pics. Do the steering wheel controls still work with the new system or are they now redundant? Also does the new system pump more bass than the old system? Finally, I think you may have mentioned it else where but what make/model is the new system?

Steering wheel buttons work fine, a bit of adjustment needed though. Nothing to do with warranty this. No GPS touch screen available as far as I know.

By the way the TV has 2 infra red game controllers and you can play all sorts of silly games from the 80s, good for kids though.

4x4 shop is closed Sundays unfortunately.

Steering wheel buttons work fine, a bit of adjustment needed though. Nothing to do with warranty this. No GPS touch screen available as far as I know.

By the way the TV has 2 infra red game controllers and you can play all sorts of silly games from the 80s, good for kids though.

4x4 shop is closed Sundays unfortunately.

Hi terdsak,

Thanks for the info on the fiber shop, I got a few bits & bobs from there: stainless steel grills for the front, a rear scuff plate for the boot and the extra chrome looking plastic rings for the dials.

Then from a Toyota dealer I got: scuff plates, chromed muffler and the cargo net I was looking for.

I have a quote for an AV system from a place out my way (Ram Intra) for:

A 2 Din Kenwood DDX7037 touchscreen head unit, the very same fold down 12" necvox screen as you have, GPS, reverse camera and some new speakers for around 140K

The thing I like about the Kenwood head unit is it is dual zoned, so you can watch 2 different sources on the 2 different monitors, in otherwords GPS on the head unit and DVD movie on the drop down!

I'm still researching exactly what brand of GPS it is, and if it's any better than my portable one (streetpilot c320). Also I'm waiting for the kenwood enabled bluetooth hand free kit to plug into it.

Hope this helps someone out there.. :o