Anyone else get boiler room calls on their mobile........

Thighlander

Incidentally, does anyone know whether deVere Group are still up to their old tricks in Bangkok? Or have the police finally shut them down?

I received a number of cold calls from a smooth talker earlier this year. That slippery guy wouldn't take no for an answer.

deVere is not a boiler room operation, they are a serious investment company. They are doing marketing in a way which you might find annoying, but there is nothing illegal about them that I know of.

If you are investing with them, I suggest you get your money out ASAP

Whether or not I invest with them is for me to know and for you to guess.

But I wonder why you are so negative about this company. I'm not affiliated with them, I'm just curious.

I have gotten them also. Sometimes they know my name. I think the best thing is not to hang up, but just respond with 'yes' to whatever question they ask. Wastes their time; they would prefer that you hang up on them so they go to the next number. Saying yes gives them no information and can sometimes waste 3-5 minutes of their time. tongue.png

It would also waste your time, wouldn't it?

Even a company advertising on this website is a nightmare. I contacted them once three years ago, realising they were in Spain/Gibraltar didnt bother with them but they kept calling for over two years. See they still have their advert here for Expats.

A glance at DeVere's rather dodgy-looking website shows that they're still active in Thailand. Must have high-level protection.

Elsewhere on the internet, you can google a long list of overly-effusive praise from DeVere's current and former staff about the firm.

Anyone has any experience with Infinity Solutions?

I recently got some very annoying calls from a likely boiler room operation called westhill consulting operating from Jakarta.

They send a folder that says nothing by courier and start calling a month later trying to sell some penny stock in a vague company. If you check out the company there are some real dodgy guys behind it. The second guy that called me was mistaking his own name, great giveaway on what they are!

DeVere has been chasing me, but they are silent now hope it stays that way.

Skype cant seem to control spam.

But I can. In my profile I've set my country to Ghana, province to Ashanti, city to Kumasi >>> eventually privacy again. Since more than a year not a single disturbance, no calls at night, no chatting-ups --- simply privacy. Edited by rebo