Some foreigners need to have some pride in their appearance when being at Chiang Mai Immigration.

khunjerrybkk

shorts. tshirt/v neck and crocs is what I wear in Australia and here during the days unless I am going to a function, it is neat and clean and I am showered and clean as well, if this is not good enough then you have your head too far up your UMMMMMMMM.

• Like 2

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completey agree - the dress - attitude & demeanor have gone downhill greatly over the past 3 years in the CM office.

They should act respectful and dress presentably or go back home.

Some do look and act like they've just crawled away from a bar for the 1st time in weeks.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 2

shorts. tshirt/v neck and crocs is what I wear in Australia and here during the days unless I am going to a function, it is neat and clean and I am showered and clean as well, if this is not good enough then you have your head too far up your UMMMMMMMM.

he's not the guy you have to earn respect from

Would it be OK if I just had pride in my intellect, my tremendous sense of humour, and the benefit of being born in the greatest nation on earth?

Has anyone got any actual evidence that people get turned away at immigration

a) because they do not look smart

cool.png because they do not take pride in looking smart?

Perhaps the immigration officers are not as prejudiced by first appearances as is the OP

What country is that?

Please..... have some pride in your actions, clothing appearance & personal hygiene to understand that YOU are representing ALL foreigners to the Thai people when you are in country

Says who? I represent no one bar myself nor do I require anyone to represent me.

Daft post.

I think they sell beer at the immigration don't they?

if not I will bring my own cocktails and drink whilst I'm there in my shorts and unkempt appearance (Full Definition of UNKEMPT 1 : not combed < unkempt hair> 2 : deficient in order or neatness)

Would it be OK if I just had pride in my intellect, my tremendous sense of humour, and the benefit of being born in the greatest nation on earth?

Perhaps the immigration officers are not as prejudiced by first appearances as is the OP

And your modest and unpretentious demeanour.... don't forget that! :D

Some of these people who state "They only represent themselves, and not their Country" are totally

WRONG as we all know. The fact is, they do represent their Country, but they can only

EMBARASS THEMSELVES. (Please, if this is the "type" person you are, hold your passport

close to your dirty shirt and shorts, so you only speak for yourself)

• Like 1

More importantly, is there any evidence that if a Thai sees a scruffy Westerner, they then all see that person as 'representative' of ALL Westerners.

All this 'letting the side down' is &lt;deleted&gt;.

I don't know about Thais, but at least it is a fact that most westerners, when they have a bad experience with a Thai, see ALL Thais as similar.

More importantly, is there any evidence that if a Thai sees a scruffy Westerner, they then all see that person as 'representative' of ALL Westerners.

All this 'letting the side down' is &lt;deleted&gt;.

I don't know about Thais, but at least it is a fact that most westerners, when they have a bad experience with a Thai, see ALL Thais as similar.

not the ones I know

It's the individual's prerogative if they want to break immigration's dress code. However, there's definitely no need to be a lemming about things.

and its immigration's perogative to make that individual's life miserable!

Obviously some think that there'll be no repercussions.

It isn't be the first time, though, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/636759-visa-extension-denied-jomtien/

what the hell is the greatest nation on earth??? You've be born there but probably they kicked you out! Well done. Street Cowboy is a real good name for such an illiterate BOY, not adult!

Agree with the post.

We are guests in this country and should represent ourselves appropriately. Clearly the eponymous 'HeavyDrinker' is doing his best to uphold stereotypes so the rest of need to work harder to counter this.

A government building deserves your respect in any country.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Counter what exactly?

Posts like this irk as they are full of some misplaced sense of self-importance.

Do you really think the Thais go about their day-to-day lives making rash judgements on a billion people on my (or your) appearance and internet handle?

I was referring to your comment 'all this letting the side down is &lt;deleted&gt;' comment rather than your moniker although how you choose to refer to yourself could be telling.

I do think that Thais make judgements - absolutely. We all do. This isn't terribly important day to day, but in a place of business or government office it's probably appreciated if you aren't in in beachwear. Showing a little respect surely has to be a positive thing

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thai etiquette is to wear long pants when going to a government office. Personal hygiene is of course expected...at least comb your hair and shave. Some folks may think they only represent themselves, but it's not their choice.

• Like 1

And what nation might that be

you sad grim people need to get a grip and a life worrying about others appearence,join the sally army.and wait outside immigration,to help them out if you got nothing better to do....if people get a refusal because of there appearence,dont worry.as long as your ok ,thats all that matters,,probably the same brigade that wants an overstayer ,and homeless farang put against a wall and ,shot for embarrasing our white skin.....i so pity your partners,..its only for your money hansome man...

what the hell is the greatest nation on earth??? You've be born there but probably they kicked you out! Well done. Street Cowboy is a real good name for such an illiterate BOY, not adult!

Crivvens! That seems a bit scathing. Shouldn't you have posted that in the "Grumpy Old Men" thread? In retrospect, I wasn't born there anyway, but I'm no less proud regardless.

SC

• Like 1

Many expats, and what have you, let themselves go over here for whatever reason. Some of these older dudes have really long hair on their arms and legs. Wax or shave that stuff off semi-annually at least, unless you want to become a walking carpet!

Another thing is the many fat dudes that never work out and kind of shuffle along slowly usually. Their stamina sexually and otherwise must be through the floor!

How do they maintain confidence as a man walking with a petite thai lady?

I guess when it becomes unmanageable it's easier to just deny it and continue drinking rather then think about it. How many farts around here have even been to a gym over here or have some kind of exercise equipment?

I could care less what immigration thinks, not sure why you brought that up. It's about keeping yourself together, not other people.

were you born retarded or is it the supplements?

• Like 2

Doesn't hurt to have a wash though does it? Many of the f'wits have obviously not bought a bar of soap in eons.

Forget about the immigration wallah's but they might have a bit more consideration for their fellow customers who are forced to be there also. coffee1.gif

Many expats, and what have you, let themselves go over here for whatever reason. Some of these older dudes have really long hair on their arms and legs. Wax or shave that stuff off semi-annually at least, unless you want to become a walking carpet!

Another thing is the many fat dudes that never work out and kind of shuffle along slowly usually. Their stamina sexually and otherwise must be through the floor!

I guess when it becomes unmanageable it's easier to just deny it and continue drinking rather then think about it. How many farts around here have even been to a gym over here or have some kind of exercise equipment?

I could care less what immigration thinks, not sure why you brought that up. It's about keeping yourself together, not other people.

Troll bait of the day.

I agree that some states of undress some people show, in government offices or on the streets, are quite disgusting and defy common sense, but 100% don't feel they affect me in any way. Much less would I want my presence to affect or represent anyone else.

Live and let live.

Troll bait of the day.

I agree that some states of undress some people show, in government offices or on the streets, are quite disgusting and defy common sense, but 100% don't feel they affect me in any way. Much less would I want my presence to affect or represent anyone else.

Live and let live.

but the generalizations that thais may make are out of your hands

What country is that?

San Marino, of course. One of these days we'll take over the Vatican and then the world.

• Like 1