Anyone Rooted their Samsung Note 3 yet?

Shurup

I know it's still a new phone and hasn't been out for very long as well as not many users got one yet.

Wondering if anyone rooted their Note 3 phone yet, I'll be getting one off my GF shortly after she switches to another model.

1st thing I'd do with my phone is root it and install a number of my fav APPS like AdFree, Mobile Odin, System Clean Up and Titanium Backup.

Still have time to read up a little and educate myself before rooting it.

I bought my sm-n900 in Phuket on release day and rooted it a couple of days later. There's been some concern about Samsung Knox, but I think the phones sold in Thailand don't have it. The process was straight forward: Flash custom recovery from Odin, install a superuser.zip from the custom recovery. Main challenges are to find the right versions of usb drivers and the rooting software. Chainfire has also made a "more newbie friendly" rooting method that retains stock recovery. Last time I checked mobile Odin was not supported, but there's plenty of other good reasons to root :-)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think I used an older version of the recovery posted here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2454079 . You can download Samsung Kies 3 directly from Samsung and use it's driver update function to get the right USB drivers installed in windows. Get hold of a recent version of Odin somewhere on xda and use this to flash the recovery.zip onto the phone (Odin version 3.0x). You will need to put the phone in download mode before flashing with Odin (with phone powered down: hold volume down, home and power buttons simultaneously). And you may also need to shut down Samsung Kies to avoid it interfering with the connection between the phone and Odin (double check with windows task manager that Kies is off). The cwm recovery .tar file should be loaded into Odin with the PDA button (has been renamed to "AP" in version 3.09). With the phone in download mode connect it with USB cable, notice that Odin detects it and flash away. You should get some self-explainatory messages output in Odin. When it's done, you can check by booting into cwm from powered off phone hold volume up, home and power (like the download mode technique just opposite direction of the volume button). That's the hard part done, where it's important that you got the correct version of cwm flashed.

Now you just need to surf onto the supersu website, download latest version onto your sd-card (external). Go back into cwm and flash this .zip/update to complete the rooting process. Just pick the latest supersu from http://download.chainfire.eu/282/

Like I said earlier, Chainfire has also made an easier/more close to stock rooting method found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46098951

Read a little more about Note2 and it says they don't come with a Play Store so decided against it for my GF. Bought a Note 3 local version for myself yesterday. Don't have time to root it right now but it's coming shortly.