Motor Expo Bangkok - Bike Section - November, 2013

ll2

I talked to the KTM guy (he was Thai- it was early and the foreign staff probably were due later)- he said he had actually spoken to the big guys about the price discrepancy, and he agreed that they'd sell more bikes with more realistic prices, but it didn't seem like anything was going to be done anytime soon.

I dont know looks like they are thinking about it Posted Image

Maybe you guys made an impression?

0% interest for 4 years or 3817THB x 48 months = 183,216 baht so down from

even the 199k sale price

Posted Image

I did not see that 0 percent interest option when i was there.

I am sure they cannot sell many bikes!

As kawa does not have this so do honda or ducati.

Benelli also has 0 percent interest as they cannot sell many as well.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you guys already been to the Expo tell me how much a deposit on a bike typical are (I know for cars it's: 5000 baht).

If I can get a good deal on a Ducati Hyperstrada I might play ball.

I know the price is 549k baht but maybe they will add free 1st year class A insurance or am I just dreaming.

I will go on Saturday and will be looking for mesh jackets/helmets and off-course bikes and cars too.

I paid 30k deposit for the monster 796

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I haven't made it to the show yet, so thanks to all those who have been posting pics and info!

Was there any action on the Yamaha Booth - any MT09 or R25 bikes on display?

Yamaha aren't even there.

The new Z1000 looks amazing as do the Ducati's. I was disappointed this year as there are no small shops selling accessories and Kawa or Honda didn't display all their available colours for each model. Last year was much better.

• Like 1

That's cool man, when will you get it?

Did they trow any freebies in like free 1 year class A insurance?

If not I will likely order my HS from Ducati Pattaya.

Edited by guzzi850m2

the full price of the duke 200 at the show is 230K baht.

Yamaha wasn't there, BMW wasn't there (with bikes), Stallions wasn't there, Harley wasn't there.

Suzuki put some bikes on the edge of their enormous stand, very disappointing.

Only 2 accessories shops, this expo was a complete let down for bikers.

the full price of the duke 200 at the show is 230K baht.

Yamaha wasn't there, BMW wasn't there (with bikes), Stallions wasn't there, Harley wasn't there.

Suzuki put some bikes on the edge of their enormous stand, very disappointing.

Only 2 accessories shops, this expo was a complete let down for bikers.

were you expecting a full blossoming motor expo on these dire days of political unrest?

Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow in Thailand now so no consumer confidence.

There were very less people there last Sunday which first Sunday is the prime day so i am sure sales went down.

I noticed all the salesman/marketing guys from any brand say it kawa, honda, ducati etc were polite, answering all questions nicely and i feel like they were really eager to sell bikes and you can feel it in the air like they made less commission than they expected this year!

Edited by ll2

There was already a pretty good crowd 30 minutes before the show opened on Monday- I was actually surprised at the number of people who were there in the afternoon.

The lack of BMW bikes (seeing them was a big reason I went there) along with almost no gear and accessories stalls was a big letdown.

• Like 1

There was already a pretty good crowd 30 minutes before the show opened on Monday- I was actually surprised at the number of people who were there in the afternoon.

The lack of BMW bikes (seeing them was a big reason I went there) along with almost no gear and accessories stalls was a big letdown.

Yeah I was planning on buying a new crash helmet but the choice was very poor. I almost completely missed the Ducati stand as well since it was tucked away amongst the cars - well away from the main bike stand where Honda, Kawi, Triumph etc. were.

It was worth 100 baht though...

That's cool man, when will you get it?

Did they trow any freebies in like free 1 year class A insurance?

If not I will likely order my HS from Ducati Pattaya.

They said january, no freebies so far but i booked via phone. Lets see maybe they'll throw in one of the 4000 baht Ducati t—shirts ;)

With all the new models available and soon to be available here, I wonder how long before we have a dedicated bike show in Thailand?

Lets hope it comes one day.

The different brands like Harley and Yamaha sometimes have big displays during Pattaya bike week and oddly enough both Harley Bangkok and Ducati Pattaya had displays at the resent yacht show south of Pattaya.

Pattaya Bike Week is 90% Harley Harley & Harley, not much gear to be had unless you want Harley t-shirts and cowboy bootsbiggrin.png.

• Like 1

I went there on Sunday around 4-5 pm. Had to drive through that traffic at the Jengwatana ( gladly just short part of the way with it) and there were really many people at the show. It was difficult to go through at some places. Walking traffic caused by these boys with cameras clicking to get photos of the posing girls. I was really considering the Z800 but when I sat on it I didnt feel it. Z1000 was a bit better. Trying to go with the heart if I will buy. :)

With all the new models available and soon to be available here, I wonder how long before we have a dedicated bike show in Thailand?

we have it in Bangkok every year dedicated to bikes only and related gear and accessories.

Actually, this bike show held at Central World Siam Square is much more better. Location is also nice and all bikers park together so chance to meet with other bikers and check their bikes for mods etc.

All accessory and gear shops in Thailand nearly, all bikes sold in Thailand with all makers, shows and stunt shows, beer garden, concerts, classic bikes, nice girls. What else a biker needs?laugh.png

it will be between 5-9th of February, 2014 nearly the same time every year.

Cool.

be there man!

https://www.facebook.com/ThailandMotorbikeFestival

They made a nice poster for the show this year.

Yeah this one is the only one I go to nowadays. It's a nice event to hang out.

I'll be making an effort to attend the February exhibition just to check out the gear- since it's only on for a few days, some of us should pick a date/time and try to get together if possible- it would be fun to argue about bikes in person.wink.png

i liked that idea of meeting of forum members at the next bike show at Central World.

We can park together and of course drink together as wellbiggrin.png

i think Saturday is the best day - 8th of February - as best shows etc is on that day. It is the prime day.

who is in?

• Like 1

I'll be making an effort to attend the February exhibition just to check out the gear- since it's only on for a few days, some of us should pick a date/time and try to get together if possible- it would be fun to argue about bikes in persowink.png

No arguments from me about the bike you or others are riding. If it makes you happy, I am happy.biggrin.png

I only go to Bangkok once a year in mid-December.

You won't make a special trip to disparage Kawasakis (and their owners) in person? Come on, that would be the highlight of your year.wink.png

Actually, you make a good point. Don't forget the Hardley Ableson and Suzuki owners too. :)

• Like 1

Went to the Expo today with my family in the truck, Pattaya- Bangkok- Pattaya, thank Buddha for Garmin GPS or I would still be in BKKbiggrin.png

Had a look and sit on the new CB650's, nice bikes for sure, must be the best value bike(s) currently on the Thai market in the mid size bracket, but as I said before, not into 4 pot bike engines.

One Honda sales girl was very keen selling me one and she asked me which model I prefer? Ducati I told her which made her smile.wink.png

At the Ducati stand I talked to another sales girl and asked if a one year 1st class insurance can be included for free if I book now? Sorry no was the answer but I give you a free Ducati belt bag, he-he.

She further told me that they have sold 55 Hyper Motard/Strada's so far on the Expo, no wonder nothing is for free but I could have one on a 20% down payment which I am not interested in.

She told me that it's 50/50 % chance they will go up in price next year, in other words, she don't know.

I haven't booked anything yet, I still have until 30/12-13 to think about it as I first want one in march 2014 when I come home from 2 month overseas work.

Nice show I must say as I also like cars so had a look at them too, and off-course all the models all over the place.

• Like 2

I was amazed at how small the Superleggera is- if I was given one with the condition that I couldn't sell it and could only ride it, I don't think I'd be on it very often- it's the size of a scooter.;)

Italians are not the tallest :) however perfect size for me iam volunteering!

I was amazed at how small the Superleggera is- if I was given one with the condition that I couldn't sell it and could only ride it, I don't think I'd be on it very often- it's the size of a scooter.wink.png

Italians are not the tallest smile.png however perfect size for me iam volunteering!

Also we know/judge things by comparison to what we have or are use to.

Edited by meechai