What's your night-time, air-con temperature?

simon43

For those members who're living in Thailand (or the SE Asian region), I wonder what temperature you are comfortable with when sleeping.

Some of my hotel guests set the temperature at 'ice-cold', (usually Indian BTW for some reason), and then demand extra blankets.

Others insist on fan-cooling rooms - no air-con needed for them.

I'm comfortable with an air-con set at 28 degrees, or a cooling-fan, or sometimes no fan at all (due to my experience of living in Yangon when the electricity was cut every night and I had to sleep in a bedroom with no cooling whatsoever...)

What's your preferred temperature?

Simon

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My preferred temp is about 2 degrees lower than the outside temp at night. Just enough so the A/C keeps running intermittently, circulates some air and removes the moisture.

It's not the temp, it's the humidity that bothers me- sleeping in sweat and all. Plus, I'm allergic to mold, and mildew and everything that grows in this humid climate.

In fact, I'd shut the A/C off at night if I had a dehumidifier to keep the moisture down. That would be after I had cooled the place down from the oven it is when I get home from work.

Edited by impulse

I don't use air con, it dries my throat up and makes me feel lousy. Just a fan for me. BTW, Indians like to get their money's worth, they will put the aircon on ice cold, leave the windows open etc. They will also switch on the aircon before they go out on the town for the day, (and night), come back after 12 hours to an ice cold room, then switch it off! My friend who rents condos in Phratamnak charges rent plus electric, this tends to concentrate their minds!

23C daytime when working and same at night. Same same in the car.

Missing the home country George? biggrin.png

27.5 - 28 at home and 27 in the car. Being in Chiang Mai, the A/C is off during sleep now as it's plenty cool outside but keep a fan going as I also like the circulation.