Thai protest leader Suthep says fight not over

webfact

Thai protest leader says fight not over

BANGKOK, December 3, 2013 (AFP) - The leader of Thailand's opposition protesters said Tuesday the fight to topple the elected government was not over, after police abandoned their defence of the besieged prime minister's offices to ease tensions.

Suthep Thaugsuban, who has vowed to eject premier Yingluck Shinawatra, said protesters "have to continue our struggle" after hundreds of demonstrators were allowed to briefly occupy the government headquarters.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-12-03

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Protest leader Suthep declares partial victory but protest continues

suthep-22-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Protest leader Suthep Thuagsuban called today’s seizure of two significant government offices a partial victory as the major task to eliminate Thaksin regime must go on.

He addressed several thousands of supporters at 2.20 p.m. that the seizure of Government House and the Metropolitan Police Bureau was not a complete victory as the Thaksin regime is still in power.

He called on his supporters to continue the protest as the government’s announcement to let protesters to easily enter the two places with no resistance was merely a plot to seek sympathy from the international communities.

They just wanted to show the world that the protesters are too stubborn as the government has given in to the protesters’ demand but they still demanded more and more.

Suthep said that protesters entering Government House this morning found only soldiers inside, with no police there, indicating that the government wanted to create confrontation between soldiers and protesters.

But he said he was aware of this and has advised all demonstrators not to defy the soldiers as they are friends and also advised them to abandon Government House.

Suthep also said that he was confident that after today’s tactics of the government, the prime minister would dissolve parliament very soon and step down to show the world that the government wanted peace and yielded to all their demands.

But he said that this was also a plot as after the dissolution of parliament, an election would be called.

The election would pave the way for all the 111 former executive members of the defunct Thai Rak Thai party to return and run in the election as their five-year ban in politics had expired yesterday, meaning they could return to politics.

He said everything was not a coincidence but a well planned plot, adding that the anti-Thaksin regime would continue until it was completely eradicated from the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/protest-leader-suthep-declares-partial-victory-protest-continues/

-- Thai PBS 2013-12-03

"Fight to topple the elected government"

All in the name of democracy. Is Suthep the biggest hypocrit to ever walk the earth? I think so.

All in the name of getting rid of a very corrupt regime who's only purpose is to wipe out checks and balances in order to gain more power, control and money.

I really thought you knew that.

Time will tell.

post-168061-0-35498900-1386059180_thumb.

Yes, the fight can be over, if

- every-one use yellow shirt,

- every-one watch their infantile TV programs,

- every-one scan suthep suthep,

- every-one work and serve the Bangkok high class as usually,

- and every-one shut up cheer and smile for dictatorship.

Here we have the yellow shirt guy again. Don't you think it's getting boring?

All in the name of democracy. Is Suthep the biggest hypocrit to ever walk the earth? I think so.

All in the name of getting rid of a very corrupt regime who's only purpose is to wipe out checks and balances in order to gain more power, control and money.

All in the name of installing a "People's Council" a power grab by the desperate PAD, don't you know that?

I thought that but then I followed the last two years very closely and Yingluck convinced me that she is a real Thaksin. Therefor I came to the conclusion that nobody would dare to steel as much as the Shins. Everything better than those self serving Shin elites.

Edited by Nickymaster

You forgot that it won't be over until everyone calls him "Dear Leader". And if everyone does, then it won't be over until ...well, until he runs out of reasons!

• Like 1

POLITICS
Suthep claims partial victory as protesters enter Government House

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Anti-Thaksin rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban on Tuesday proclaimed a cautious victory in what he called the long fight against the Thaksin regime and the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Suthep made it clear to the cheering crowds that the fight would continue to uproot both the regime and the government.

"Today we can enjoy our victory but it is only partial. Our fight will continue as (Prime Minister) Yingluck Shinawatra, her government and the tyranny of the Thaksin regime are still intact and effective," he said.

He made the announcement after hundreds of the anti-government protesters entered the compounds of the Government House and Metropolitan Police Bureau without any resistance from police. The protesters were seen helping police and soldiers to move the cement barricades of front of both facilities that had been erected to block them from entering.

They also blew whistles, the symbols of their fight to chase away the Thaksin regime and the Yingluck government.

Suthep insisted that he would accept neither House dissolution nor resignation of the premier, as ultimately members of Thaksin regime could return to the political arena.

"If Yingluck resigns from the premiership, she could have her sister, Yaowapa Shinawatra, or brother in law Somchai Wongsawat, take the position. If she dissolves the Parliament, her party members would surely use any means to allow them to come back. Moreover, Pheu Thai's politicians earlier banned from politics for five years are coming back, as their bans have already expired," Suthep said.

He said without elaboration that necessary and truly democratic rules and laws should be drafted in order to prevent bad and corrupt politicians from returning to politics.

"After all is in order, I will wash my hands of politics. I have my personal belongings at Democrat Party headquarters already packed, meaning I will no longer work there," he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-03

Here we have the yellow shirt guy again. Don't you think it's getting boring?

1_zpsfdb766c8.jpg

I have lived here in Thailand well over a decade and was on the ground floor when the concrete slabs were tossed aside to gain access to the Police Headquarters. The stench of tear gas was still in the air.

Today I saw anti-government hard guys, old ladies and many middle class citizens. Many of these protestors can speak English and some drive a cab.

Both the police and the military were very polite. I saw roses being handed out, handshakes and hugs.

Let's see what happens next.

Thanks. One of the only positive and true posts related to the protests today.

Fight not over? He's kidding himself.

Someone really needs to invent quiet drones...

Wow, there must be at least 1 million protesters still left there. Police will say between 10 and 15 (and half of them being clean up crews), but don't believe them because they're paid by Thaksin!

Oh dear... do you even have a clue which area this is?

Today, I was between the last concrete embankment that seperated the protestors and the police force. I was not on the official list of press but managed to squeeze my way through. My thoughts were this is not a good place to be in.

As the protestors got closer to the final concrete barrier with the front end machine helping out the riot police started to move out. The police did not help to move move any obstacle, they merely stood by the side while it happened.

Once the protestors crossed the final line, the police had lined both sides of the streets with roses, handshakes, wais and grins. This included regular police along with cadets.

Towards the end of the walk the military was handing out cold water and posing for photographs.

This is what I saw.

Many of the protestors sat down in front of the police building, but what I saw was that once may of them had realized their goals that head back to the main stage at Rajadamnnueng.

post-156050-0-34186800-1386063733_thumb.

post-156050-0-61967700-1386063892_thumb.

post-156050-0-26854800-1386064033_thumb.

Edited by missoura
  • Like 2

Suthep cautious on victory over govt, Thaksin regime
By English News

13860607473893.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 3 – Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban today announced partial victory for anti-government demonstrators but warned that their movement will not be called off unless the Thaksin regime is completely eliminated.

Suthep, self-proclaimed leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee, went on stage at the Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road this afternoon to inform protesters that the premises of Metropolitan Police Command and Government House were briefly occupied.

Metropolitan police commander Kamronwit Thoopkrachang willingly opened the door of the city police headquarters to protesters without resistance but insisted that police would not allow seizure of Government House, he said.

Mr Suthep charged Pol Gen Kamronwit of colluding protesters to storm into Government House only to find army personnel in the premises.

“He cheated us so that we would clash with soldiers inside Government House. Fortunately, we realised it was a ploy and withdrew without any confrontation with army personnel,” said Mr Suthep.

He admitted that the protesters’ victory was incomplete since the Thaksin regime still exists and “we have to be determined with our goal to root out the tyrant regime.”

He said a large number of pro-government politicians who have been legally banned from politicians were “set free” and allowed to re-enter politics, starting yesterday.

“If the government resigns and dissolves the House, this group of politicians will run in general elections. It will pave the way for Thaksin’s younger sister (Yaowapa Wongsawat) or brother-in-law (former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat) to become the next prime minister. In that case, we’ll continue to have a tyrant government,” said Mr Suthep.

He said police helicopters were hovering over the Government Complex, intending to arrest him and “I announce to all of you here that I will not flee.”

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra refused to comment on the protesters’ brief occupation of the Government House compound, saying the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) would provide information to the media. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-03

LOL!!!

So you know this for a fact, do you??? You've seen the corruption and the activities to suggest what you are saying is true? Seen it with your own eyes, have you???? LOL!!! You actually believe Suthep and his cronies, don't you. You are a bit silly. In case you don't understand, this is about taking power away from a DEMOCRATICALLY elected party. It is happening because many sections in the Bangkok elite class don't like the fact that power is being shared with those "poor people" who they believe should not be given any right. It's happened for many decades in Thailand and it is still happening now.

• Like 1