Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Is anyone using this this season?

http://watchafl.afl.com.au/?c=2014seasonlaunchedm

I was wondering how it would go with the standard Thailand internet connection.

Would it be any better than the other sources?

I used it last year, quite handy if you're out and about, if you're using it from your laptop/desktop than I would say it's no better than Wiziwig...

At home I've got Australia Network now, so probably won't renew this year.

Wish I could use it. Had a free AFL 2014 package for international which I won. Now VicPol call me back and I have to fly back on the 25th April to Aust and report for work on the 28th. oh well 7 yrs of sick leave (PTSD) has paid off. Go sit in an office somewhere and refuse to retire until they pay me out.

I used it last year, quite handy if you're out and about, if you're using it from your laptop/desktop than I would say it's no better than Wiziwig...

Wish I could use it. Had a free AFL 2014 package for international which I won. Now VicPol call me back and I have to fly back on the 25th April to Aust and report for work on the 28th. oh well 7 yrs of sick leave (PTSD) has paid off. Go sit in an office somewhere and refuse to retire until they pay me out.

How long before retirement?

How long before retirement?

7 yrs

Have I mentioned that I really respect Gerard Healybiggrin.png

Meanwhile, Brownlow medallist and long-time commentator Gerard Healy has predicted West Coast will surge back into the top four this season.

"I love their recruits … Yeo is a serious pick-up given the serious injury to Beau Waters," he said.

"Clearly the most exciting player in the competition in Nic Naitanui is coming back and I think every club is reinvigorated with a new coach and the Eagles have a beauty in Adam Simpson."

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Brownlow medallist and long-time commentator Gerard Healy has predicted West Coast will surge back into the top four this season.

"I love their recruits … Yeo is a serious pick-up given the serious injury to Beau Waters," he said.

"Clearly the most exciting player in the competition in Nic Naitanui is coming back and I think every club is reinvigorated with a new coach and the Eagles have a beauty in Adam Simpson."

As they say in Thailand Will, he is only sweet mouthing you.

• Like 1

Khun chooka Pak wan mak mak

• Like 2

Khun chooka Pak wan mak mak

O.K sweet mouthing him a lot.

But khun BM, khun will27 is a very hansum man with kind heart, no wonder khun Gerard is talking with such sweet mouth...

tongue.png

will27 is number 1 hansum man with kind heart

I wish someone would tell the missus that.

She thinks I keenoiw with black heartw00t.gif

• Like 1

But khun BM, khun will27 is a very hansum man with kind heart, no wonder khun Gerard is talking with such sweet mouth...

tongue.png

will27 is number 1 hansum man with kind heart

I wish someone would tell the missus that.

She thinks I keenoiw with black heartw00t.gif

laugh.png

Well... a few observations from that game

• A pleasure watching Fyfe.
  • Fremantle's year looks good. they will only get better as the year goes on
  • Collingwood is going to have a long year, even with Jesse White and Ben Reid missing tonight it wouldn't have mattered too much

Well i'm a dummy picking the pies in melbourne -1sad.png

And fyfe is my VC in fantasy,should have made him the boss.

Yup I'm with you... Have Barlow in my team, should have made him the skipper..

Ross Lyon: F*** YOU!

Nathan Buckley: F*** YOU TOO!

Thankfully things aren't decided in March ;)

• Like 1

• Collingwood is going to have a long year, even with Jesse White and Ben Reid missing tonight it wouldn't have mattered too much

I know it's early days, but why do clubs extend coaching contracts too soon?

Buckley extended until 2016. Why not just wait until midseason and then review it?

What happens if the Pies are 4 and 8 after 12 games? North Melbourne did the same

with Brad Scott as well. I just don't get it.

I think the only 2 coaches who would be poached would be Clarkson and Lyon and maybe Longmuire

to a lesser extent.

I understand the need for stability etc, but say if Buckley came out of contract this year, I couldn't see

too many clubs chasing him.

Essendon did the same with Matthew Knights and then had to pay him out.

Poor business decisions I think.

• Like 1

I am glad I change my tip. My margin was 23. Ron19 you would be very happy after that win.

My margin was a bit more but nothing like 70 points.

Yep, Ron19 would very happy with that.

It could've only been better if Malthouse was coaching thembiggrin.png

• Like 1

Some good points there.

Fyfe is a Rolls Royce.

Also, I doubt there are 2 more dangerous small forwards in the game as Ballantyne and Walters.

Throw in the big Pavlova and Mayne and they're dangerous up forward.

Unless they get decimated with injury, it's hard to see Freo not getting in the top 3.

• Like 1

Some good points there.

Fyfe is a Rolls Royce.

Also, I doubt there are 2 more dangerous small forwards in the game as Ballantyne and Walters.

Throw in the big Pavlova and Mayne and they're dangerous up forward.

Unless they get decimated with injury, it's hard to see Freo not getting in the top 3.

I thought Freo would take it easy starting the season but not really. They look like a good unit where each other knows what they are doing and they are so well drilled they just stick to their game plan.

Margin could have been even higher if they kicked a few set shots. Freo's only concern at this stage would be peaking early

• Like 1

I know it's early days, but why do clubs extend coaching contracts too soon?

Buckley extended until 2016. Why not just wait until midseason and then review it?

What happens if the Pies are 4 and 8 after 12 games? North Melbourne did the same

with Brad Scott as well. I just don't get it.

I think the only 2 coaches who would be poached would be Clarkson and Lyon and maybe Longmuire

to a lesser extent.

I understand the need for stability etc, but say if Buckley came out of contract this year, I couldn't see

too many clubs chasing him.

Essendon did the same with Matthew Knights and then had to pay him out.

Poor business decisions I think.

Roos might be poach-worthy also.

Buckley looked very angry again in tonight's game. He didn't have much of a season last year but that was mainly put down to stubborn players having their own agendas. What will happen if he has a crap first half of the season?